Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Demo locks: Immo Aura cut by 30%, Felstorm by 20%

Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally expected, GC posted a while ago Demo locks AoE was too heavy.

However, and it's a big however. They buffed our Mastery significantly, so that will cushion quite a chunk of this nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Totally expected, GC posted a while ago Demo locks AoE was too heavy.

However, and it's a big however. They buffed our Mastery significantly, so that will cushion quite a chunk of this nerf.
    Yeah... My guestimate of the mastery change is around a 10% additive increase on mastery, meaning maybe 7.5% actual increase for meta/demon. I consider it a fair trade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just did a short test with fel guard and succy on a single target dummy

3 mins of dps me + fel guard normal rotation recount set to show our split dps

felguard recorded at roughly 3.5k dps and a 8% chance to crit
    ^ had dart arts talent and felguard glyph used felstorm whenever avail

repeated with succy
    Succy recorded at around 4.4k dps and a surprising 17% chance to crit
    ^ had lash of pain glyph just autocasting lash of pain

I kept up hog full time for both attempts along with coe and other dots succy seems 2 get crit chance from both hog and imp sbolt effect also damage is upped by coe.

As for my person dps during these attempts using felguard and its demonsoul effect and 10% sp effect while self buffed I had 17.6k dps from me
    Using succy and its demonsoul effect without any 10% more sp I had 15.9k dps from me

Its pretty close but i think that in raids where your fighting just a single target boss succy would be better than felguard even more so if you had someone else bringing the raid 10% sp buff.

I just hope I'll still be able to solo mag after the nerfs hit. Only thing I'm using my lock for (aside from alch) now anyways.

I expected a heavy AOE nerf from demo, but wow. And the succy being a better choice for single target, ROFL wtf blizzard O.o

Back to demo being the demo buff bot. As for the mastery buff, I don't think it will do much as it's currently the worst stat to stack for demo. Then again, i don't do math, so I'll have to wait for someone to crunch the number, but I imagine it will still be the least desired stat because demo is losing a boatload of haste from ISF change, and haste was pretty much the best stat to stack WITH the old ISF.

Looks like demo is back to being the buff bot. These changes make me sad because it's going back to forcing people to play destro. I might hang up the towel on my lock and switch mains to my priests. The changes to Disc look amazing.

I appreciate that most people only use demo for aoe purposes.

But if you actually look at the most recent simulations on EJ, demo seems to sim higher than the other two specs now. We all know in practise that destro will still probably outdamage demo on the fights which we can 'abuse' BoH.

Demo seems to have gained more single target damage, but much less aoe damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenerena View Post
    I appreciate that most people only use demo for aoe purposes.

But if you actually look at the most recent simulations on EJ, demo seems to sim higher than the other two specs now. We all know in practise that destro will still probably outdamage demo on the fights which we can 'abuse' BoH.

Demo seems to have gained more single target damage, but much less aoe damage.
    well i wont be surprised as already before the single target buffs i was beating our two destro locks in the guild and that was in a fights that have only single target (( Atarmedes and Chamerion ))

So I guess after the single target buff demo will still be the best and thats logicals as demo currently is the hardest spec to play as a warlock (( more CDs and buffs to watch than any other spec ))

I just hope the AoE nerf won't hurt me in fights like Maloriak , I loved pulling 25k dps on this fight

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I switched Demo to Destro at cata launch (felt much more dynamic in leveling/dungeons), but I definately saw the felstorm nerf coming since the first time it was implemented.

Been Aff for the 1st half of wotlk, Demo for the last half.

I really can't play any lock spec anymore after trying demo, I love demo way too much to give it up

Deleted
    its not a nerf, thats for sure. it was pure overpowered.

i easily topped 40-50K dps in an aoe pull, without any effort

I'd like them to buff rain of fire though, destro lacks some aoe imo ;<

Wow, so the ability we get for choosing Demonology as our primary spec is Felguard. Now we won't use that pet in any situation. That's brilliant. Does any other spec has a primary ability that isn't used?

Deleted
    its kinda fucked up that a succubus does more dmg on a single target the the pet which is given to use by choising the tree
    Last edited by mmoc81d59bec06; 2011-01-12 at 12:24 PM. Reason: made a mistake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    I believe a reduction of the AoE damage was needed so that's fine.
    <ironic>
    I can't see how 106kdps on sindy's trashes (the whelplings and the two bigger whelplings) are insane
    </ironic>

Almost half the raid suffered disconnection after the 2nd tick of infernal flames.

Such a great moment.

</mylife>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhus View Post
    Like I said, its been simmed and came out on top with the current changes, demo does about 100 dps than before in Bis 359, the other specs just got nerfed so demo is top. Both Immo Aura and Felstorm are directly affected by mastery so a 33% Increase to its effect is I direct buff to both of them, hence the nerfs on those abilities, plus with the 33% buff I think mastery probly overtakes crit and at high gear levels possibly haste.

Current sims with Bis 359
    Demo 24495
    AffDrain 24189
    Aff 24171
    Destro 24033

According to another post I read in a random forum, it seems like int > mastery > crit ~ haste, given a reasonable amount of haste and hit (when I say reasonable I mean (from 346-359 gear, and reforging).

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    an overall buff u say?? No more health regen, hellfire range reduced, felstorm and immolation dmg reduced, isf removed...
    what we get, a 33% increase to our least desired stat thats pretty useless since we only get a real benefit from it when in demoform. pet dps is just shit tbh... We need felguard for our demonsoul but succy does lot higher damage...
    Like I've been saying that sim is wrong six ways from Sunday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
    its kinda fucked up that a succubus does more dmg on a single target the the pet which is given to use by choising the tree
    I actually really like the design of choosing your pet by encounter. It puts more of an emphasis on being a Demonologist, making it a genuine choice picking the right Demon for the job as oppose to just being handed a Felguard and expected to get on and just use him and none else.

With the change to Demon Soul: Imp, I'd be pretty interested to see where he comes in now.

Deleted
    i guess i want to state my point of view here also regarding single target dps of locks in general. although i dont like the incoming aoe nerf, it was neccesary because much too OP. pulling 200k dps on halfus at the beginning with whelps is just INSANE.

1) people qqing about the SUCCY. for those who didnt know it, the succubus is already the most powerful pet for affli and demo in single target situations. and hey, come on. maybe you have to spec the felguard, but look at him and listen to this clumsy piece of demon... the succy has a sexy voice, sexy emotes, huge t...s, spanks her a... with her lash, who wants something else?? i f....g love that b...ch.

2) scale factors: as long as you are hit capped INT is your most powerful stat, no question. everything else is gear and fight dependant. blizz gave us a most powerful tool called reforging which makes it possible to tune your gear that crit = haste = mastery (in a patchwork style fight). in movement heavy fights mastery will become much more valuable as your pet will continue to dps, but hey, who wants to reforge after every fight. so said, every comment about "this stat is more powerful than that stat" is just bunk. you will want to have them all the same value, because then you are at the point of max dps.

I have one problem with the Succy. Her Demon Soul effect. Compared to the Felguard it's pretty crappy, considering you never really get to spend a big chunk of those 20 seconds casting SB(removal of ISF might change that). That said. Is the loss of personal DPS you suffer from losing that Demon Soul effect from the Felguard really worth the DPS the Succy does?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferakahr View Post
    I have one problem with the Succy. Her Demon Soul effect. Compared to the Felguard it's pretty crappy, considering you never really get to spend a big chunk of those 20 seconds casting SB(removal of ISF might change that). That said. Is the loss of personal DPS you suffer from losing that Demon Soul effect from the Felguard really worth the DPS the Succy does?
    yes it is, as people from EJ are calculatig it every day. besides that, look at your mana using the succy. lash of pain is her basic attack so with mana feed you will gain 4% of your mana every gcd. almost no need to tap any more. not even slightly comparable to the felguard and very important in fights like chimaeron where you cant always tap.