How can I convince warlocks to give me DI

I raid as a shadow priest, and DI is a huge buff for me, more so than any other class really with 90%ish of my DPS coming from dots, we have 3 warlocks and none of them will give me DI. I need an idea on how I can convince at least one of them to give it to me.

I'm our only shadow, DI is currently going to 2 druids and a mage.

you could try sabotaging the druids' and mage's DPS by life gripping them inside a fire

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted
    shadow priests are like resto druids
    instant profit with DI
    shadowpriests are in my prio list, due to constant procs, and the other locks should do too...
    just wisp them, and tell them that DI is great for both with ur spec!
    most prob the problem is the warlock forgetting about DI, has i used to forget

Did you ask them the reason behind not giving you Dark Intent in the first place? Anyway, I would encourage them to take a look at the 'Dark Intent - The Guide (2010/12/24)' guide in Warlock forum.

Best of luck.
    Don't blink, blink and you are dead.

Deleted
    just try be friends with 1 of the locks and persude them to give it to you:P?

Deleted
    For me it all depends on the fight.
    If we have a warlock and the fight is a massive heal fest, I would ask for the DI seeing as its all healers best throuput stat.
    If the fight is easier on the healers or a fight where DPS is more important then usually it will go on a SPriest or Mage,

It probally goes like Focus Magic
    lock 1 -> lock2 -> lock 3 -> lock 1

Quote Originally Posted by slaydude View Post
    It probally goes like Focus Magic
    lock 1 -> lock2 -> lock 3 -> lock 1
    Would be true if it worked, but DI doesnt stack like that so locks would not benefit at all from putting it on each others.

Deleted
    It is hunter to be DI put on, the hunter dps gets huge boost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    Would be true if it worked, but DI doesnt stack like that so locks would not benefit at all from putting it on each others.
    it does stack, just tried first day ^^

I guess you dont need it rly ; p If you're waiping cause of healers - better to give DI to them.
    But if warlocks gives DI f.e. to mages - it's their failed knowledge about DPS or they're just jellous about your DPS
    IMHO they and you should think about all raid not only yourself

Topic: Try to show them warlock DI DPS gains tabel if they give DI to other DPS than to Shadow Prie/Druid Resto first at all.

Take care.

Here's the best explanation i've seen on it, quoted by Gherkin on the second page of this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...de-(2010-12-24), note the first line:

Using Dark Intent on a Lock as a Lock means that you are a moron.

The 3% Haste buff stacks.
    The 9% Damage/Healing buff does not.

Therefore, if you cast Dark Intent on a Warlock who cast Dark Intent on you, you each get 6% Haste (12% total) and 9% Damage/Healing (18% total). However, if you each cast Dark Intent on a non Warlock, The Raid gets 12% Haste and 36% Damage/Healing.

I have this data readily available and did not post it because it would be used to compare against non-warlocks, and you can't do this. You would have to compare it to TWO non-warlocks and sadly not everyone who reads this post will understand that.

For those of you curious, for Warlocks swapping Dark Intent to be viable your group must have all Holy Paladin Healers, a Warrior tank who does not use Deep Wounds or Rend, and not have any Priests, Mages, Druids, Death Knights, Rogues, Elemental Shamans, and non-BM Hunters. Basically a group with zero chance of success against anything of moderate difficulty.

So I hope you understand why I'm reluctant to post that information.

We also accept bribes in the form of cookies and heroic deeds, where you throw yourself between us and the mob to save our life. :>

Really depends on your raid makeup.

As a lock, if I see a resto druid...it goes on them, period. Because A) they're a healer, and we don't overgear content yet so stuff that helps them helps the whole raid survive, and B) it makes Dark Intent go crazy, more than any other class I've seen, since they're usually rolling hots on several targets, and DPS usually only get a full complement of dots on one or two mobs. After that I like resto shammies a lot too...they'll have riptide going on a few people at once, and like druids, they're healers. After that I start to look at DPS, and spriests are high on that list, but obviously a far second if there's a more preferable resto druid or shammy around.

Edit: And like others pointed out, no, we do NOT trade it with other locks. Other locks come last.

Quote Originally Posted by sarklord View Post
    it does stack, just tried first day ^^
    It does not stack, you should not put it on other locks. Go read : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...82010-12-24%29

Quote Originally Posted by Manas View Post
    It does not stack, you should not put it on other locks. Go read : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...82010-12-24%29
    While it is rather stupid to place it on other locks going just by that thread order alone is no smarter. That thread assumes that each of the classes you can put it on are doing everything in their power to always be at the top of their hypothetical dps from sims. Unfortunately not every player is as good as a computer. Place it on who you know will actually benefit from it the most and not someone whining because their numbers suck and want something to boost them slightly.
    Last edited by Xeraxis; 2011-01-13 at 12:05 PM.