Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Fire mages got a decent buff. Looks like I'll be rolling fire mostly in PvE now.
    <Ashamed to Play WoW>
    [URL="http://www.ashamedwow.com"]www.ashamedwow.com

Quote Originally Posted by mgjr View Post
    I don't have a problem with the ROF change or the Ice Lance change. I don't really have an issue with PVP changes at all. It's the PVE portion. 20% nerf to Deep Freeze? That has nothing to do with PVP. The buffed Frostbolt, but as a poster earlier said a 20% nerf to a huge number and a 15% boost to a small number are not equal.
    But on a bossfight you have to take into account the number of frostbolts you're going to pump out. We will have to wait to see how it pans out but I wouldn't be surprised if Frosts' numbers improve.

I loved seeing deep freeze crit for over 100k, was awesome TBH, I'm kinda sad they changed it but i think overall on long fights the frostbolt change is going to come out ahead.

I'm frost to the core and will still play the spec as long as its viable, solid dps in PvE, and in PvP its control and survivability is untouched.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    Really.... maybe if you knew anything about how blizzard balances there game... you wouldn't of wasted your time registering to post something dumb.

BLIZZARD DOESN'T BALANCE FOR 1v1... they never have... and they never will... blizzard doesn't even balance for 2v2 anymore... they have already stated that if it weren't for people doing 2v2 they would delete that bracket.

3v3.. 5v5... and rated battlegrounds are all that matters when it comes to balancing...
    I will have to disagree with you, apparently you are playing 3v3 and 5v5 and battlegrounds. But as much as you wanted Blizzard cares not only bout you. They want to find a good balance between all the brackets, making it fun for everyone to play and I doubt they would delete 2v2. But of course they would delete 2v2 if no one played it? Hell yea they would've deleted 3v3, 5v5 or rated battlegrounds if no one ever played it. They are trying to help all players, raiders, casuals and pvp'ers

Imo ROF is a buff. There is a much smaller safezone.

Frost will still suck in PvE. 0 improvements there.

Frost burst is down a bit but the problem was not with burst but with control. If you allow me to not rely on FoF for decent damage but to consider FoF a proc, it's a buff. Especially for the baddies. Instead of having 30k crits, they will be 27k now. But instead of having 5k hits, they will be for 5.75k. You will still need to trinket out of DF. You will still be CCd. You will still QQ once you understand RoF got buffed (with normalized duration).
    ROF = time to cast that frostbolt now. Old was extra kiting room vs idiots.

I don't consider Arena pvp. Arena is one of the few things in this game that is a CANCER on it, and does nothing to help balance the game, be it in BG, world PVP, TB, or PVE. Arena is a malignant tumor in WoW's brain, lol.

Tis nice to see you guys being rather accepting on the whole. Kudos for taking it on the chin like you should (no trolling or sarcasm or anything nasty intended there. Expected walls of QQ in here and it's all pretty tame).
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayomg View Post
    I will have to disagree with you, apparently you are playing 3v3 and 5v5 and battlegrounds. But as much as you wanted Blizzard cares not only bout you. They want to find a good balance between all the brackets, making it fun for everyone to play and I doubt they would delete 2v2. But of course they would delete 2v2 if no one played it? Hell yea they would've deleted 3v3, 5v5 or rated battlegrounds if no one ever played it. They are trying to help all players, raiders, casuals and pvp'ers
    Just stop.

Not sure if you know this or not, but Blizzard DID take away glad titles and PVP shoulders from 2s teams. Why? Because 2s is much more difficult to balance. Want proof? Blue tracker is at the top, go nuts, its there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

....... so bc of you whinny pvpers frost pve must suffer........... great

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ricque View Post
    According the last info on the patch notes. Mages gets an 15% dmg buff on Icelance and Frostbolt when FoF is up. Allthought we lose 15% mastery meaning we do 15% less dmg then we do now against any target that is in shatter/deepfreeze/FoFproc. . . (bunch of other stuff) . . .Am i right or am i missing something out?
    I think a couple of people might've caught it (I just skimmed the thread), but your original post and most that followed missed something important. Unless the PTR patch notes *I* just read were updated since you saw them, you mis-read them.

It says:

•Deep Freeze damage done has been reduced by 20%.
    •Fingers of Frost can no longer be dispelled and now also increases Ice Lance damage by 15%.
    •Frost Specialization now only grants 2 base points of mastery (instead of 8), reducing all Frost damage to frozen targets by 15% from previous values. However, Frost Specialization now increases base Frostbolt damage by 15%.

Frostbolt's damage is up 15% period. Not just when FOF procs.
    I know violence isn't the answer. I got it wrong on purpose!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Fire got buffed, I couldn't care less about frost
    This x 1000
    Assistant (to the) Regional Manager.

If they really wanted to recude the spamming icelance problem, they should buff frostbolt in both the cast time and put it back on FoF. But right now, I don't see this stoppnig the crying over our IL nukes, considering every damn melee has an interrupt and with our huge FB cast times (apart from Early Frost), it's practically suicide casting agasint death knights, ferals, and to some extent warriros. They simply tear us apart in that short lock out. Like it or not no mage is going to open himself up like that to be gangbanged to oblivion.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    On the frost PVE posts in this thread, how many times do I have to say it? How many threads do I have to reply to? This is about a 2% damage nerf when we were slated to get a buff, the patch notes aren't done, expect a buff. 15% damage buff on frostbolt doesn't make up for 15% loss on FFB, 32% loss on DF and 2.25% loss on ice lance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages are more played than DKs now. All the PvP FOTMers flocked to them in Cata. Can't be surprised about the PvP nerfs...
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I've just come back from a 3 year break really looking forward playing my mage again but the 4.0.6 patch looks bad for frost mages, we do 15% less dmg then we do now against any target that is in shatter/deepfreeze/FoFproc, ouch.... Dont get me wrong I think its cool that more spell casting has to be used instead of spamming ice lance this will test all mage skills but how will this effect mages in arena? my mate told me that its not worth playing a mage in arena now because they get utterly destroyed by all the op classes Dk, warlocks ect.... but isn't the skill determined on the player not the spells? I would really appreciate some feed back on- should I roll a mage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrjockeez View Post
    "omg why can't we be op anymore so fun"
    he's wasn't saying that... read the post before you call someone a whiner, because you are the whiner here.

Thread necro, nothing new to see here.