Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkersman View Post
    To get ahead you need gear which = luck

seems pretty luck based
    There is a large selection of Crafted Items, Rep Items, VP and JP items, and BoE items available which require 0 luck to acquire, time yes, but not luck. And if you think you need to be geared to the max to progress in raid you are also sorely mistaken. Most guilds doing heroics in raid right now have players that still have heroic dungeon pieces. Being smart, having a good team that understands how the mechanics work, and reading, will get you alot further in bad gear than standing in fire in epics, which from the way you're trying to cop out with a horribly bad argument, is probably what you specialize in.
    Last edited by Aervalis; 2011-01-12 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Edited to differentiate between heroic raid and heroic dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    I COULDNT AGREE MORE!!!!!! I am SICK of the QQQQQQQQQQ = nerfs
    Am I the only one that finds this post kind of...ironic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mijen View Post
    As soon as transfers open my hunter will be a human. If the names arent taken a friend and I are going to create Ned and Jimbo and /yell
    "OH MY GOD! ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US!" Every time we attack something.

Deleted
    I heard its a human right to win at games.....oh wait

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    Gonna be fun if your friends are better or worse then you....
    im better then all my friends so i dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    There are so many threads discussing people's complaints on content, whether or not it should be challenging, easy, time consuming, etc... For discussion sake, and as my own personal reminder to many players, paying for a game does not mean you are entitled to beat it, win, or otherwise be handed anything. Your success in just about anything is a result of effort required vs effort put in, and video games, especially WoW, are no exception. WoW requires a higher degree of effort than other games because it offers more content and challenges, most all of which require teamwork. So for anyone who think that just because you paid for this game Blizzard should make it easy for you to achieve a high rating in PvP or make it easy for you to be able to easily pug raid heroics, I think, you are wrong.

Anyone else care to discuss?
    I think your argument goes both ways. Your 15$ a month does not entitle you to a game thats challenging or requires tons of work. Your 15$ a month entitles you to play the game, and blizz wants to have as much people enjoy the game as possible. I have said this on other threads, but does no one care about the developers? They created this amazing beautiful world and if only a handful of people can experience it, all their work is for nothing. Its art, and blizz has a right to show it to as many people as they can.

As for the football strategy below... Really? In the NFL you are paid to be on that team. Its a job, for WoW you pay to play. Its a hobby.

As for me being a noob who just wants easier content, thats far from the truth. I just want as many people to enjoy this game as possible. The game, as said by the op, isn't all about me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aervalis View Post
    There is a large selection of Crafted Items, Rep Items, VP and JP items, and BoE items available which require 0 luck to acquire, time yes, but not luck. And if you think you need to be geared to the max to progress in raid you are also sorely mistaken. Most guilds doing heroics in raid right now have players that still have heroic dungeon pieces. Being smart, having a good team that understands how the mechanics work, and reading, will get you alot further in bad gear than standing in fire in epics, which from the way you're trying to cop out with a horribly bad argument, is probably what you specialize in.
    Oh, I'm sorry...raids are 90% gear, 9% luck and 1% not standing in fire

You people are always so quick to say something about standing in the fire...kinda annoying really, its not the first expansion where AoE was used in raids...cmon people, we all know how to not stand in AoE by now
    Last edited by Conkersman; 2011-01-12 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irritation View Post
    Now you know why Everquest only peaked at 500,000 people. That's about how many people in the world truly enjoy a challenge.
    Now THAT was laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhonors View Post
    Start everyone on bad servers.... and as they progress (PVP/PVE Raiding), knock them up. So no matter what server you are on, you are matched in skill.

Hah, I think a lot of the players that think they are hardcore on MMO would find themselves bumped down a server if this were implemented.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkersman View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry...raids are 90% gear, 9% luck and 1% not standing in fire

You people are always so quick to say something about standing in the fire...kinda annoying really
    I suppose I'm quick to argue with a brick wall too, but if you think its gear and luck, you are bad, or your raid is bad, or both. "Standing in fire" is a simple and convenient example of a mechanic that everyone should know. I'll cite as example the guild <Undergeared>. In WotLK they set out to progress through wrath content only in Blues and the crafted epics, and they progressed through nearly all the content. Look em up! They prove you really don't need the gear. A group of poorly geared players who play well and understand mechanics will ALWAYS be better than a group of YOU PEOPLE who STAND IN FIRE. Annoying enough?