Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your Role is a Faceroll

I don't get why people insist on saying everybody else's role is a faceroll. Personally I find it insulting when someone says my job is so easy and that their job requires more attention. In this game all roles have require attention to mechanics. Reactions to mechanics is what makes you good at your role. Now mind you some individuals might only use 3 different spells total while others end up setting up keyboard bindings for all their spells and actions because they want access to all of them to maximize their effectiveness. In the end if you see a fight going wrong and you contribute to succeeding by doing something beyond your primary spells thats what turns a faceroller into a real contributor.

Personally I play a prot and holy pal, feral tank druid, and a frost mage and I find all the roles are equally engaging.
    Last edited by Drummerboy; 2011-01-12 at 10:20 PM.

Ding ding ding! The Faceroll Trio!

^^^^^ agreed, holy pally... feral druid... frost mage..

GG

I should realize people wouldn't really take anything said seriously and this would just turn into a troll catch and release program.

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerboy View Post
    I should realize people wouldn't really take anything said seriously and this would just turn into a troll catch and release program.
    You will always get those types of responses when your topic is about how easy or hard a class is to play. Just don't post topics like this, because they are pointless. Classes are only as hard as the person behind the keyboard makes them out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the internet, what did you expect?
    This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

It's because WoW is serious business and the only reason I'm not having as much success as you is because your class is easy.

"Frost mage"

I started playing my mage for the first time since mid-wrath, got him to the minimum ilvl requirements for BRC, then respecced frost and did 10k single target on bosses. Yeah, probably not a faceroll.

but.. your role is a faceroll..

As a feral tank druid, I don't think it's anywhere near of it being faceroll. I use 3-4 abilities on single targets plus the shout, and 2 more when aoe'ing, how's that facerolling?

I'm waiting for a pic that shows a face on a cinnamon roll

I don't get why people insist on saying everybody else's role is a faceroll. Personally I find it insulting when someone says my job is so easy and that their job requires more attention. In this game all roles have require attention to mechanics. Reactions to mechanics is what makes you good at your role. Now mind you some individuals might only use 3 different spells total while others end up setting up keyboard bindings for all their spells and actions because they want access to all of them to maximize their effectiveness. In the end if you see a fight going wrong and you contribute to succeeding by doing something beyond your primary spells thats what turns a faceroller into a real contributor.

Personally I play a prot and holy pal, feral tank druid, and a frost mage and I find all the roles are equally engaging.
    People say it because there are no repercussions for being an asshole on the internet. Every opinion is valid, right? The vast majority of internet tough guys would keep their eyes down and not look up from their Nintendo DS/Harry Potter novel, or sit there and cry like a baby if you walked up and slapped them in the face.

tl;dr on the internet everyone is a superstar, except you

sure but it's not all rolling around, basically it's also rolling in lines and squares as well as up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
    "Frost mage"

I started playing my mage for the first time since mid-wrath, got him to the minimum ilvl requirements for BRC, then respecced frost and did 10k single target on bosses. Yeah, probably not a faceroll.
    i can't decide what you're post is trying to be.. serious? troll? bad player?

if its normal BRC that means you were probably 80 or 81 at best with either icc epics or pretty decent blues/greens, AND had almost no stat decay at all.. which means a LOT. if this is the one you're talking about in you're example, then you're a bad player to think you did great.

if its heroics BRC you're talking about, and you just got the minimum requirement as you suggest, then 10k is out of your league with 329ilvl unless you actually now how to set up your priority in FoF management and proper use of cooldowns.

A scrub won't hit 10k with that gear. A scrub won't hit 10k even with almost full 346 to be honest.
    Perspective is like a coin. It has two faces, but most people fail to see both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people insist on saying everybody else's role is a faceroll.
    Build up their own egos through depreciating others.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a very well thought out troll =P.

10/10, frankly.

(haven't read through all the posts).

These are my chars (in PvP spec & situations)
    Resto Druid: Semi Faceroll, but does require some competency when dealing with warriors & afflocks.
    2h Frost DK: Faceroll, aside from mages. fucking mages.
    Prot Pally: AMAZINGLY FACEROLL AND I LOVE IT! Why are they giving us rebuke next patch? We don't need it =P. God it's gonna be amazing.

Upcoming:
    Enhancement Shammy: hehehe.
    Prot Warrior: Probably the most skill based of all the classes I play. =P

Quote Originally Posted by RushLimbaugh View Post
    This was a very well thought out troll =P.

10/10, frankly.

(haven't read through all the posts).

These are my chars (in PvP spec & situations)
    Resto Druid: Semi Faceroll, but does require some competency when dealing with warriors & afflocks.
    2h Frost DK: Faceroll, aside from mages. fucking mages.
    Prot Pally: AMAZINGLY FACEROLL AND I LOVE IT! Why are they giving us rebuke next patch? We don't need it =P. God it's gonna be amazing.

Upcoming:
    Enhancement Shammy: hehehe.
    Prot Warrior: Probably the most skill based of all the classes I play. =P
    Human Death Knight with spikey haircut and using Tyrannical Beheader?

Clearly an authority on facerolling and trolls.
    Imagine whatever I say as being said with Morgan Freeman's voice. It will make you rage less.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Your face is a Roleroll

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

Everyone considers themselves better than everyone else, and while they get similar or worse results than some people, they're clearly better because their class is just underpowered but they're playing it magnificently or the other person's class is just OP/faceroll. Clearly, what else could be the issue? certainly not THEM needing to learn their class...no no no!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

This thread fucking delivers.