Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    yeah... I forgot that having engineering doesn't automatically make all the other professions vanish.

it's still somewhat more since 100% of Synapse Spring is affected by PoF but only 33% of other professions Strength bonus (assuming you use PoF on CD)

Deleted
    I personally have Engineering on my priest and I love it. And since you mentioned you were going to spend some time playing PvP the gloves enchants is extremly nice to have imo aswell as the nitro boots for Battlegrounds .

Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    it's still somewhat more since 100% of Synapse Spring is affected by PoF but only 33% of other professions Strength bonus (assuming you use PoF on CD)
    Which is why engineering being brought in line with the other profs wouldn't change it being the best prof for frost, assuming that the cooldown stays the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling either w/o a gatherer will cost you quite a bit and you really won't make money off either of them afterwards unless you have an herbalist for alchemy. Herbs cost more than the consumables themselves on my server, by a good bit.

As mentioned, the best alternative(imo) is to have a druid alt for farming. I used my druid to level my DK's JC and engineering. Now most likely going herbalist since the herb market is insane and prospecting has fallen off a bit since gems are worth less now on my server than the bars.

They will be having to make some changes with professions going by my server. But maybe things will all even out in a few more weeks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Listen to your heart. Both engineering and alchemy are probably the most fun professions out there, but in the end it's only your true preference that makes you just stick with one profession no matter what. For me, it's engineering - just think of all that goodness, all the devices, pets, little and big things - and who knows what future will bring? But alchemy is a close second - it also has fun things like potion of illusion and it's good for making money.