Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    I haven't found much need for Spirit beyond ~2900. The less haste you have the lower this number will be, but anything under ~2500 is quite uncomfortable.
    Really? Wow, my Spirit sucks.

I'm at 2200. Too many non-Spirit pieces with Crit reforged to it.

"- 326 Mastery Rating -> + 454 Haste Rating
    - 263 Crit Rating -> + 135 Spirit"
    Last edited by Ultima; 2011-01-14 at 07:14 AM.

Core of Ripeness is 321 Spirit average. You're effectively at 2500+ already. :P

The same is factored into that 2.9k number for me with Tsunami's 400 Spirit. I love over-budget trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Really? Wow, my Spirit sucks.

I'm at 2200. Too many non-Spirit pieces with Crit reforged to it.

"- 326 Mastery Rating -> + 454 Haste Rating
    - 263 Crit Rating -> + 135 Spirit"
    Well, I followed EJs recommendations spot on and they say you should only pick gear with int as major and spirit as secondary skill, so I never even rolled on gear without spirit. This gives you over 2500 spirit in heroic gear (with enchants and gemming of course).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Core of Ripeness is 321 Spirit average. You're effectively at 2500+ already. :P

The same is factored into that 2.9k number for me with Tsunami's 400 Spirit. I love over-budget trinkets.
    Sure sure, are you rocking any non-Spirit items?

And if so, do you want to do use those or no choice atm?

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Well, I followed EJs recommendations spot on and they say you should only pick gear with int as major and spirit as secondary skill, so I never even rolled on gear without spirit. This gives you over 2500 spirit in heroic gear (with enchants and gemming of course).
    At a certain point, the extra Int on a piece (along with useful stats like haste/mastery) will outweigh the spirit on a piece (obviously still reforge to spirit). Harky has posted some very useful stat weights for use in pawn/wowhead/etc.

So you want spirit pieces, but some things (Flamebloom gloves, the epic rep gloves) are worth the upgrade for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Sure sure, are you rocking any non-Spirit items?

And if so, do you want to do use those or no choice atm?
    I have two. The neck from Valiona and the boots from Chim. Both are reforged Mastery -> Spirit. I'd rather have Spirit/Haste items there, so no real choice. Of the options in the tier I would consider them the best items for those slots. Not that they're optimal items for those slots, but that there's nothing better. I was contemplating the Spirit/Haste boots, but I was first in line on the 372 boots.

I have 3k spirit and its great, at ~2700 i began to add haste. I have reached the soft cap 12.5% for extra tick and now I am reforging into mastery. Its really fun waiting for pally tanks to drink in heroics, and not having to have CC as i can spam Flash heal for quite a long time. I rarely have to use shadowfiend and i never have to use hymn of hope. Heartsong is an excellent enchant as it procs quite frequently, and if u have lower spirit this will help tremendously. I recently did pugged BH and the pally healer couldnt keep up with me at all, so i would say between 2.5-3k is good and then u can go for haste and mastery to increase throughput as oom will be a thing of the past.

I’m currently using Core of Ripeness and Tsunami card trinkets. Last night Maloriak dropped Jar of Ancient Remedies. I didn’t roll on it. Bad idea? I thought I might use it in place of Core of Ripeness but then I lose all that intellect. I am just wondering what I should do if it drops again and I have the chance to get it. Should I replace my Core of Ripeness or just stick with what I’m using?

With buffs and 5 stacks of my card I’m currently at about 2.7k spirit.