Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    It would be ok if this changes was made in WoTLK but with the current state of Hunters doesnt make any sense, Blizzard said that they know Hunters do a lot of damage and need to be nerfed and giving them Non stop AS t's the way of nerfing them.
    Tbh i dont think it's gonna make it on Live

Ass-kicked-by-Cata-Hunters-Shadowpirest here.
    You do realise this has greater impact on PvP then PvE right?

should be like a 90% miss chance on the move.. you ever tried hitting a target with a gun/bow while running? not easy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 9Volt View Post
    When i first started playing my hunter i was wondering how it was possible that you need to be steady in order to shoot and auto shot. But then again. that's the way it is!! That's what makes this class fun to play. Now every noob can play at an average skill lvl... This really is not ment to happen and this class is losing it's fun gameplay.
    In pve hunters were always doing good enough. But a lot hunters complaing about PVP element and how hunters fail.. is auto shot the problem and the reason some fail? no... L2P HUNTER.
    Blizzard this game is getting more and more stupid/easier and much less fun.
    pve wise, autoshot for SV (as its the most common specc due to highest dmg output) is maximum of 15% dmg.
    This change really doesnt make bad hunters better as it affects only few fights, atramedes the most i belive. However dont try to put it in the way like stopping every 2.5 second (while watching auto attack timer) is hard and makes you some epicly awesome and skilled hutner cause even brain dead can do it.

Pvp wise its VERY good change. It will rise hunter dmg substantially as we dont have too much time htere to stop for 0.5 sec to shot it.

for every1 who sais that shoting while moving is hard atm, i pity you. Cause if stopping every 2.5 sec for 0.5 sec while having timer for it is hard for you, i dont want to know how bad in fact you really are...

should be like a 90% miss chance on the move.. you ever tried hitting a target with a gun/bow while running? not easy at all.
    So casting while getting swarmed by melee shouldnt be possible at all, as char cant perform needed incantations.
    O and also i forgot, warriors should 1 shot any cloth wearer. Afterall who would survive hit from 2 hander while having just some rags on him.

Its fantasy game, i belive you have forgotten that fact
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2011-01-13 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    this is so good all physical dps can move and auto attack

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seb49512 View Post
    Ever tried casting Holy Light? Not easy at all.

I know I should complain or something about how it's making things too easy, or something, just to go along with the crowd, but I'm having trouble being too happy about the change, plus the serpent spread nerf being reverted. As interesting as it was to use a swing timer to stutter step, this is just too cool of a change to not enjoy.

I love playing a hunter due to mobility. I glyph my disengage, I race changed to goblin primarily for rocket jump, and now we can auto-shoot while moving. It makes me so happy, because mobility is what I love more than anything about the hunter class, and now we get even more of it.

OP registered just to make this thread. He is obviously a troll. Just report him.

This change should have been in since Vanilla, Hunters are a Weapon class, Like Rogue, Warriors, Paladins, Deathknights, Enhancement Shammies, And Feral Kitties. And they can ALL auto attack on the move, but we can't? Which kinda stuck seeing as autoshot can make up a big portion of your DPS. While Casters Like Mages Locks and Spriests dont have an Auto-Attack, because wanding would just be dumb to do in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfanos View Post
    Anyway, the point I want to make is this, you don't see people who use bows and arrow in real life and in movies having to stand still to fire?
    Actually it's pretty difficult to nock an arrow whilst running, let alone fire it, let alone fire it at a target. In fact it would be pretty much impossible to fire a bow while looking behind you, and moving Guns, slightly different story but you would still struggle to hit anything

Chaos, Panic, and Disorder.
    My work here is done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seb49512 View Post
    This is a game we are talking about right? With magic, you know? Or is that normal in your world? o.o

Can't wait for this change. Going to be a lot more fun playing Hunter now that you don't have to stop each time to shoot stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by HuaRong View Post
    Hmmmm......are you mage? a druid? a warrior? a DK? a warlock? a priest? a pally? a shaman? a rogue?
    I think he's a moron.A very popular IRL class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendax View Post
    You're talking nonsense. We're pretty much the only dps class that can be completely removed from an encounter because of class mechanics.
    This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on these forums. Every melee class since the beginning of vanilla would like to have a word with you.

As for comparing autoshot to melee autoattack, you're kidding right? Comparing autoshot and autoattack is laughable at best. Melee is 5 yards, autoshot is 35 untalented. Here's a visual:
    http://i.min.us/idS59A.jpg

And that's untalented. With talents that yellow circle extends off the edges of your browser.

Its a nice pve buff, but this is a horrible idea for pvp. This effectively makes hunters never have to stop moving. Every other class has a restriction on thier attacking. Casters must stop to cast, melee need to be in melee range, hunters can now output 100% of their damage at all times while moving. Its absolutely horrendous change for pvp balance.
    Last edited by Canada42; 2011-01-13 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    stutter-stepping was obnoxious, because if any of you guys play sc2 you would know that when you stutter-step your marines, the zerglings will Eventually catch you, the same concept applies to melee and hunters. because you have to take a split second to stop and shoot, the melee get just a little closer

Whatever, shooting while moving is feasible [in a game]. I don't like this change as I felt having to stutter step correctly to assure yourself of optimum play was rewarding, but it's nothing I can't get used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada42 View Post
    This effectively makes hunters never have to stop moving.
    This change doesn't mean hunters will never have to stand still again: a hunter interested in optimizing damage will, even in PvP, use Aspect of the Hawk and cast a stationary Steady or Cobra Shot when the occasion thus permits.
    Last edited by gamhacked; 2011-01-13 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    stutter-stepping was obnoxious, because if any of you guys play sc2 you would know that when you stutter-step your marines, the zerglings will Eventually catch you, the same concept applies to melee and hunters. because you have to take a split second to stop and shoot, the melee get just a little closer
    this is the dumbest reasoning I have ever heard...not only can rogues sprint at you, warriors charge you, deathknights grip you...but you can deterrence, trap, and disengage away from them..

let me cast drain life and shadowbolt while moving and see what you guys think then

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    Wait, so you think its a problem that there is actually a threat of them having the chance to attack you sometimes? I don't even know how to respond to that. Its in SC2 because that's what we call balance. Running your marines away while zerglings can never touch you is not balance, same as a hunter never coming under threat by melee is not balance.

This might be the stupidest thing I've ever read on these forums. Every melee class since the beginning of vanilla would like to have a word with you.

As for comparing autoshot to melee autoattack, you're kidding right? Comparing autoshot and autoattack is laughable at best. Melee is 5 yards, autoshot is 35 untalented. Here's a visual:
    http://i.min.us/idS59A.jpg

And that's untalented. With talents that yellow circle extends off the edges of your browser.

Its a nice pve buff, but this is a horrible idea for pvp. This effectively makes hunters never have to stop moving. Every other class has a restriction on thier attacking. Casters must stop to cast, melee need to be in melee range, hunters can now output 100% of their damage at all times while moving. Its absolutely horrendous change for pvp balance.
    I dont see this as having much impact on PvE at all. My guess is a maximum of couple of percents on a couple of encounters at best. Overall a marginal change. Any good hunter in PvE would be stutterstepping and keeping tabs on ST if Survival. CS dealing 6 % more dmg is sort of a big deal in comparison.

As for PvP I have no opinion besides from what I hear it seems like hunters need all love they can get in PvP atm.

Wait, so you think its a problem that there is actually a threat of them having the chance to attack you sometimes? I don't even know how to respond to that. Its in SC2 because that's what we call balance. Running your marines away while zerglings can never touch you is not balance, same as a hunter never coming under threat by melee is not balance.
    Melee get their own tricks for reaching, slowing, stunning and rooting faraway targets. Besides, complaining hunters can attack while moving isn't really that different from stating the same thing about melee. If a melee reaches you and is competent enough to stick to you, there's nothing you can do (except for, here it comes, use an ability) to get away.
    Then, you use an ability (like Disengage) to get away.
    After that happens, the melee uses a gap-closer (like Death Grip, Sprint or Charge) to reach you again, and the cycle continues.
    Last edited by gamhacked; 2011-01-13 at 01:10 PM.

Easier for other people does not penalize you in any way...if you think what sets you apart from other people can be taken away through a buff/nerf, then there is a whole other problem you should worry about.

Cuz casting on the move is SO HOT.

I'm a warrior and I don't care, somebody has to stop this druid/mage MADNESS!!!

I like survival and I'll level one, just like old school hunters, not this BM OP crap, where ur pet is more important than you.

Go hunters...