Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    i usually run with the guild as PUGs are a gamble right now. been in some bad ones and also been in good ones. had one where no one knew the fights and we wiped many times, but still everyone was cool and kept at it.

in our guild runs we will kick if you are just stupid (standing in crap or pulling agro by attacking the wrong mob). we normally wont kick for low dps as some people just dont know their class. we all go through that phase where we are learning, no reason unless its ridiculously low. i've been on the other side of it as well. just play your role and dont be an ass about things. seen a few guys mouth off on a guild healer or tank (and he was incorrect), that got him the boot real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Me and my some of my other guildies who are known to stay up into the wee hours of the morning usually do randoms with our 4 of us and will kick the dps we end up pugging every time as a sort of public education service. If we kicked enough people like the OP and make them wait another 40 mins in que it might eventually inspire them to get a guild of their own so they can kick pugs instead of being the one kicked
    Is your guild full of sociopaths or something?

You do realize that, by being in a guild group, and then Arbitrarily kicking people, you present the image that Guilds are just a bunch of Dickheaded cronies looking to get their jollies on unfortunate passerbys, and therefore only present the drive to NOT be a part of such a group?

Do you people even think any of this through? Or do you just want to think your asshattery is a form of serving the greater good?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Me and my some of my other guildies who are known to stay up into the wee hours of the morning usually do randoms with our 4 of us and will kick the dps we end up pugging every time as a sort of public education service. If we kicked enough people like the OP and make them wait another 40 mins in que it might eventually inspire them to get a guild of their own so they can kick pugs instead of being the one kicked
    Zamiel and his 3 friends in the dungeon queue remind me of Alex and his Droogies from Clockwork Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    And what are they gonna do about it? The problem isn't guild runs, it's idiots being idiots. Me and a few of my guildies often use LFG together and while we can certainly kick a lot of people, we only kick bads. (Come on, Mage doing 6k on a boss during BL at 85? Stop using arcane spec and learn to play). Even if we're 4 and there's a lone LFG member, we wouldn't kick him unless he did a really bad job. I would think the vast majorities of guild runs have the same perspective: they use LFG to get the last members needed and they don't WANT to kick since there's a chance the next player will be a bad.
    Not that this has anything to do with the topic but, I think you mean Learn to play arcane spec there is nothing wrong with it if you know how to play, it sucks getting stuck with wrath babies that think u can just spam a button.

On topic : It sucks getting stuck with a crappy group with crappy people especially if they are in the same guild but there really isn't anything they can do. It's the main reason I only run with my guildys.
    wtf??!11?? I'm transforming to carrot, amagad!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Is your guild full of sociopaths or something?

You do realize that, by being in a guild group, and then Arbitrarily kicking people, you present the image that Guilds are just a bunch of Dickheaded cronies looking to get their jollies on unfortunate passerbys, and therefore only present the drive to NOT be a part of such a group?

Do you people even think any of this through? Or do you just want to think your asshattery is a form of serving the greater good?
    If this happened to me, and I wasn't in a guild (which isn't the case as this is hypothetical) it would make me join a guild ASAP, which is what the guy is trying to make people do. This is an MMO after all, not a single player mario game. PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE! It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun than playing the game by yourself.

eat more fiber? that usually tightens up the guild runs.

Sometimes we guild run and pug one, the only time we kick someone is if they are being an intolerable douchebag who refuses to cc or go along with the flow of the instance, or just is being a dick. Otherwise, welcome to the run, enjoy your stay and we'll get along just fine.

We also have no problems with people who have never done the instance and will explain things as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Do you even get Valor Points if you join a random dungeon in progress via an invite?
    i don't think so, i was wondering the same thing when i saw all these ppl posting about inviting guildies in to get there dailies done, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally when my guild does a guild run we normally try out hardest to carry the oddman out. We had a horrible PuG tank yesterday for stonecore after our tank lost power. We went through aatleast 6 wipes before he finally ditched on us thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've unfortunately had to be the initiator of some kicks that made me wince. I truly did feel bad, but it was either that or not complete the instance.

Yesterday we were on last boss of Lost City, a boss that I have never had trouble with even when we didn't know how it worked. It was 4/5 my guild. We had fine dps, except there was a pug warlock who was a nice fella - but he was literally doing no dps. We had carried his dps the whole time and then wiped on the last boss about 5 times until I realized I was out-dpsing him as a tank.

It's not that the dps matters a whole bunch on the boss, except that it does when your healer is so oom from it being up too long. So I had to vote kick him. And I really did feel shitty about it because he got a free ride the whole time, until the last boss... and did not complete his daily heroic. But what was I supposed to do? We had asked him nicely to pick up his dps - he couldn't. We pulled a guildie in and 1 shot it with no problem. It was actually a bit embarrassing how easy one player change made it.

Sometimes you can be completely quiet, a nice person, and be with good people and just get vote kicked for what feels like an unfair reason.
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: why is never peeple who are smart of the fighting
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: every time raiding
    [R] [80:Lingzhichen:2]: people are wheels on chair

(( Manapaws ))

Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    If this happened to me, and I wasn't in a guild (which isn't the case as this is hypothetical) it would make me join a guild ASAP, which is what the guy is trying to make people do. This is an MMO after all, not a single player mario game. PLAY WITH OTHER PEOPLE! It is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun than playing the game by yourself.
    Funny thing about playing with other people? It doesn't just mean those with matching letters underneath their names.

We only kick people if they are seriously fucking up. Because when we go guild runs we are mostly five, but when we are 3-4 we can easily carry them.

But people that act retarded and kicks because you told them what to do. Even if it's wrong what you say, is retarded.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

We have certainly kicked people from guild runs before, but we do it for justified reasons, i.e. long AFKs, standing in obviously painful things, being rude, or being ignorant of how to play their class. AND we have told guild members to leave runs if they are under-performing. However, this is extremely rare, as most of my guild mates will excuse themselves from a run if they are under-performing.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

What they can do is force a guild group to que with either 2 or 5 or not at all.

I've done my job correctly and after the first boss I get : bye, the last guildie isn't busy anymore.

something needs to be done

*cough* (look over here)...

I will put this in caps for you.

IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, JOIN THEM.

that is all.

edit: mmm on second thought, i will add to it.
    This game is balanced around a social agenda, if you missed that I hope you get it now.
    Put down roots, make friends and join a guild, if that was NOT the intent, guilds and realID would not exist.
    EVERYONE knows, the intent of cata was to bring the tough back to the game, and the teamwork, and here you are trying to fly in the face of that, and it's not working.
    Listen, you don't try to tank end game content on hardmodes as a ret, fury, or moonkin ect, you don't try to top dps as resto, and you don't try to heal well in ferel or enhance, so what makes you think you can be a super success trying to be a loner in a game designed around the concept of community?
    My advice is to get with a winning team, put on the uniform, and come on in for the big win.
    Last edited by wylatron; 2011-01-13 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonsensei View Post
    What they can do is force a guild group to que with either 2 or 5 or not at all.
    This is a terrible idea. What if you have three buddies that want to play with you, or only two? Are you all fucked because the system won't allow you to queue? That'd be totally lame and I would cancel my sub in a heartbeat if the game stopped me from being able to play with my friends when I want to.

The one time our 3/5 guild run booted a player was a hunter who kept shooting the trap behind the intended target no matter how many times we asked them to shoot it in front of or on top of the marked target for trap.

If you are Asked to CC and you fail over and over you will get booted.

Something tells me the OP was prob being a jerk and got booted for caring more about /recount than about what his assigned role was in the dungeon. Good Communication is key to grouped content, if you cannot manage to comunicate you become a liability.

I do have a question, if you get booted and the people doing the booting give a reason, do you get to know the reason, or does that info just go to the other players so they know why you initiated the boot? I have yet to experiance being booted from a group.
    "There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil."
    -John Galt

Well then, my story. Usually we run guild runs just because pugging tanks and healers is risky and it takes time, vent is another plus. Now, i haven't kicked anyone up until yesterday. We are at first Boss BRC, three guildies and 2 randoms tank n dps. We engage boss pew pew - random dps dies at skullcraker - we CR him - he dies again - i vote kick him, while fighting the boss and being the healer:P, reason Dickhead - We q again for another dps while still fighting the boss - a retradin comes - he dies from skullcraker - i kick again, reason dickhead 2 - finally a dps with both hands on keyboard comes and we kill the boss. So from my point of view and experience, most(that dosen't mean all) ppl getting kicked at 5 mans just plainly suck...
    YOU FACE NOT MALCHEZAR ALONE, BUT THE LEGIONS I COMMAND!

When my friends and I were finishing up Glory of the Cata Hero drake meta, one of the 5 or 6 of use that had been working on it still hadn't gotten the No Static At All one from that last boss in VP. He had already failed at jumping that day and was saved. To get him another shot that day, every time dungeon deserter wore off, 4 of us (wasn't a 5th around at the time) would queue for a random heroic. If we didn't get VP, all 4 of us would immediately leave. We infuriated at least 10 pug dps that day.

moral of this story is: People are mean. Get some friends and only pug solo as a last resort.