Deleted

Changes of all heroic raid encounters

Hello. I thought I would compile all the changes I know to the heroic raid encounters in Cataclysm so far. Lots of threads asking for information and few of them that actually offer any input in these regards. Here I go:

Magmaw - Adds spawn regularly that leave behind a trail of fire that hits for 50k+ every 0.5 sec. These adds need to be DPSed and the encounter is a DPS race in that regard. The last add has to die when the new ones appear. At 30% heavy spreading required as Nefarian does aoe splash damage to random people
    Omnitron - Nefarian teleports everyone in the middle of the poison clouds when they appear. The thing that healers and dps needs to stand in acts as a defile and people must be ready to move on a moment's notice. Static charge target gets an extra debuff which does aoe shadow dmg to everyone - the further away from the debuffed target any player is the more dmg the aoe does to him.
    Also, players targeted by acquiring target can not move, instead the whole raid has to move
    Maloriak - extra DARK vial, that spawns high HP adds that need to be brought down before the next vial gets thrown into the cauldron. They leave shadowy defile-looking things behind them
    Atramedes - Fiery imps spawning randomly from the fire that explode for unhealable aoe damage when they reach their targets (unslowable?) The round objects, Sonar Pulses that come from underneath Atramedes no longer disappear so fast, but are left bouncing from walls to walls. Players have to DPS Atramedes while ignoring at some point 20 Sonar Pulses? It seems they disappear after roughly 1 minute while new ones keep coming.
    Chimaeron - Continues to attack the tanks during Feud and during the 25% phase everyone loses HP (2k every 2 seconds?) so it is a huge DPS race
    Nefarian - lots of new mechanics, other than that ??

Halfus - there is no longer a given setup of drakes, but you can free all of them. Freeing the drakes also has more effect than when you free them in normal mode.
    Valiona and Theralion - You now have to go into the Twilight realm and kill all the mobs there. A new debuff that leaves a huge void zone behind when it explodes, dealing moderate damage when one person (the one with the debuff) is in it, but fatal damage when more than 1 person is in the void zone. Breath is now 270 degrees, instead of 180
    Ascendant Council - Lots of new added mechanics. Gravity Core and Static overload have to ball up on each other as soon as possible, else one of them deals heavy damage to the whole raid. Time to move together - 3 seconds from the moment the last person got the debuff? Phase 2 is no longer 1) get wind 2) get grounded 2) get wind 4) get grouded, but depends on the emotes, sometimes you need to get grounded 3 times in a row. A new emote means that you have to renew your buff, so when you just got grounded and the emote says get grounded again, the last grounded debuff disappears and you have to get it again.
    Cho'gall - A totally different encounter from normal mode?

Conclave of Wind - no information
    Al'Akir - DPS requirements foresee the encounter being done in such a way that the Feedback buff cannot disappear from AA. Also 2 Squall Lines together in p1 and p2.

All of these are of course in addition to the HP and damage increases. Feel free to correct me in some points or add to these changes.
    Last edited by mmoc4282a3f415; 2011-01-13 at 03:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm? You're confusing this with the suggestions forums in the offical communities? Anyway, haven't completed them on normal yet so maybe I'm not the one to judge this but what's wrong with current heroic encounters? And what makes this different? NOt impressed so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Erm? You're confusing this with the suggestions forums in the offical communities? Anyway, haven't completed them on normal yet so maybe I'm not the one to judge this but what's wrong with current heroic encounters? And what makes this different? NOt impressed so far.
    These are only what I know, they are not complete so do not get disappointed from what I wrote here

Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    those are current heroic encounters.

blizz is sad that it failed to impress you

@OP: i thin chimaeron continues to attack the tanks during the feud
    Last edited by frester; 2011-01-13 at 03:20 PM.

you miss some things

omnitron:
    at 75 and 25 energy there is an additional ultimate ability, nef random empowers ultimates:
    - grip into poinson cloud
    - manareg/dmg runes grow and explode at the end
    - static charge target gets an extra debuff which does aoe shadow dmg to everyone. the further away from the debuffed target any player is the more dmg the aoe does to him. static charge debuff will stop after two ticks and starts pulsing shadow dmg
    - players targeted by acuring target can not move instead the whole raid has to move

chimaerons main difference is that he wont stop to attack the tank during feud. in p2 everyone ticks down by 2k every few seconds

conclave is to complex to describe in short words. you have to whipe and learn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azore View Post
    you miss some things

omnitron:
    at 75 and 25 energy there is an additional ultimate ability, nef random empowers ultimates:
    - grip into poinson cloud
    - manareg/dmg runes grow and explode at the end
    - static charge target gets an extra debuff which does aoe shadow dmg to everyone. the further away from the debuffed target any player is the more dmg the aoe does to him. static charge debuff will stop after two ticks and starts pulsing shadow dmg
    - players targeted by acuring target can not move instead the whole raid has to move

chimaerons main difference is that he wont stop to attack the tank during feud. in p2 everyone ticks down by 2k every few seconds

conclave is to complex to describe in short words. you have to whipe and learn it.
    Thanks, I did include the first two though

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Also, players targeted by acquiring target can not move, instead the whole raid has to move
    thats not right how it works
    not every acquiring target requires the raid to move - only if its empowered by nef. most of the time the target can move. you have to communicate really quick in case you cant move so everybody else has time to react.

and maybe another addition to maloriak:
    the spawned blob adds spit those void zones on player, the void zones can stack on the ground and do stupid amounts of dmg. in addition the "spit" has an animation and some travel time = target players can and MUST move

Last edited by Azore; 2011-01-13 at 04:21 PM.

Bump. Some useful insights here in what to expect for the heroic modes - any chance someone who has experience of most (or all) of them to fill in the gaps and correct any errors?

Much love xx

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    On Conclave, Rohash casts Storm Shield at 30 energy - it does ~30k/sec to everyone on the platform and must be burst down. Slicing Gale also stacks +nature dmg debuff, just like Nezir does on normal. That's pretty much it, beyond the usual "stuff hits harder".

Al'akir Lightning Strike remains in place where it was cast - I think it was limited to 2? Didn't try it for long, there's probably more changes.