Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I usually try to CC as little as possible, i use stuns and cooldowns instead, and if the healer needs mana, then he says MB. Otherwise i'm gonna keep pulling and only use CC on the most dangerous packs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    EDIT: PEOPLE. Will you please stop posting "WRATH" and think that is the sole explanation of why people don't know about things like CCing and Healer mana.
    Because Wrath picked up a lot of new players and some of them chose to become a tank. They had no tanking experience of vanilla or BC where you did need CC and healer mana was an issue. They learned that you just charge on in to a pack of mobs and AOE things down and you get the dungeon done in 15-20 minutes. That is what they learned and that is what they are expecting now too because they have no other WoW experience to base anything on. Hell even a lot of vanilla & BC tanks have got it in their head that's what you do. I'm a vanilla player and I always mark CC and watch the blue bar when I'm on my tank. I find that a lot of the dps (DKs I've found fit this description best) are impatient and spam "GOGOGO" whenever I stop to either mark or let the healer drink. That's about when I tell them they are free to leave or vote me out if they don't like the fact that I mark CC targets and wait for the healer to get mana. If they keep it up I normally start a vote to remove him because I get sick of hearing that from an easily replaced dps.

EDIT: PEOPLE. Will you please stop posting "WRATH" and think that is the sole explanation of why people don't know about things like CCing and Healer mana.
    Sole explanation? No

Best explanation? Hell yes.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only time that I listen to "GOGOGO" is from a healer because I feel that if he knows his mana pool well enough and knows how much healing he can do to me then who am I to judge. Personally I'd rather not die since plate repairs are the most and I have a repair bill after every dungeon I run simply from being beat on as a tank even if I don't die once (actually broke my shield in dungeons before because of that very reason).

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbaclot View Post
    2 words: Wrath Syndrome
    This. I ran a heroic today and people were like "whoa you have to move from that or it will kill you". This is not wrath folks. You have to obey the mechanics. Each heroic encounter is almost like a mini raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    plate repairs are the most
    Welcome to Cataclysm, where all, repair costs for the same iLevel are basically equal and have been since 4.0.

I'm actually pretty invincible, and I wish healers would stop spamming their most expensive heals into me trying to keep me up at 100%. If they're running oom because if it, it's nice showing them that they're wasting mana as I basically solo heal myself on trash pulls and bosses.

I'm a Death Knight though, so I guess this doesn't apply to all tanks.

Deleted
    When are people gonna learn that all repair bills are the same nowdays?
    "Plate repairs are expensive" myeaaaah, but so is every other repair

EDIT: Alfador beat me to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh man - when I've said "let's get CC out - mage sheep moon" for ex and mages say "what's sheep?" that's wrath syndrome at it's finest. Some tanks started in wrath where you could just run in and nuke everything then be done with it.

To OP - the best thing I can tell you is to comment to tank about marking for CC and to watch your mana before he pulls. If you're not having a problem like you said don't worry about it until you know you're getting low on mana. Also for boss fights tanks and the group usually wait till everyone is topped off before pulling.

Easiest thing is if you notice a tank isn't marking - mention it to him. It might not be a prob if you don't...but helping him learn now could make another healer's life easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Tbh man - when I've said "let's get CC out - mage sheep moon" for ex and mages say "what's sheep?" that's wrath syndrome at it's finest.
    If I had a nickle for every time I've heard "let me get it out of my spellbook" or "I can't CC that" by a mage when I've asked them to sheep a humanoid I'd be a billionaire by now...ok maybe not that rich but I'd have at least a good $100 in my pocket from it.

@everyone who's commented on my plate repair bills: Yes I know that they brought all repairs for all armor types closer to each other based on the ilvl but plate still costs the most out of the 4 armor types. You take that information and add in that I (the tank) and getting beat on while wearing plate then the end result is I (the plate wearing tank with a shield) am going to have the highest repair bill out of the entire group assuming that nobody dies that run just from the shear fact that I'm being beat on by mobs. Its the same reason why you will still have a repair bill after pvp eventhough pvp deaths do not ding you durability (would quote the blue post about it but it was said during BC about that).

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because they run dungeons with people like me who do still effectively have infinite mana (on my resto druid). I don't drink, I heal chain pulling, and I complain very loudly when tanks start using CC for most heroics.