CAT 4.0.6 : Goodbye Ferocious Bite?

i didnt crushed numbers much but it seems to me that ferocious bite DPE with be less the Shred or even Mangle DPE, meaning we wont use it (except during execution phase). I actually am full normal mode BiS stuffed so i can do FBs pretty easily already in my rotation, but next patch i fear i'll spam shred once my dots are up...
    seems to me very bad, what do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    If anything we might see it being used more often after the patch since haste becomes attractive again. Higher energy regeneration allows for more filler between bleed/SR refreshes, and provided you can build up 70 energy to expend on an unglyphed FB without allowing those important timers to fall off for more than a few seconds (or using TF before applying them to offset the loss if it's been <3s for Rip and <5s for Rake) you'll be doing more damage. How often that'll happen is hard to say, but it's not like it's totally useless outside of triggering Blood in the Water's refresh mechanic... It's just harder now to squeeze them in given our (compared to ICC) low haste and energy regen, but hopefully this is how it'll end up.
    Last edited by Zetapuppy; 2011-01-13 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetapuppy View Post
    If anything we might see it being used more often after the patch since haste becomes attractive again. Higher energy regeneration allows for more filler between bleed/SR refreshes, and provided you can build up 70 energy to expend on an unglyphed FB without allowing those important timers to fall off for more than a few seconds (or using TF before applying them to offset the loss if it's been <3s for Rip and <5s for Rake) you'll be doing more damage. How often that'll happen is hard to say, but it's not like it's totally useless outside of triggering Blood in the Water's refresh mechanic... It's just harder now to squeeze them in given our (compared to ICC) low haste and energy regen, but hopefully this is how it'll end up.
    did you really read? you completly missed the point: shred/energy cost > FB/energy cost

I read you didn't crushed numbers. You weren't very convincing.

Deleted
    i assume the dmg/energy will still be higher with bite, considering the huge difference between the 2 now already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyren View Post
    I read you didn't crushed numbers. You weren't very convincing.
    quoted for truth

Deleted
    Wtf? I dont get it.
    Do you really think that a single shred will do more dmg than a 5 CB FB???

Well, considering Shred will be buffed, and the fact that it doesn't reset your energy and your combo points.. It's a valid point. It's more to it than just the "dmg".

Quote Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
    Wtf? I dont get it.
    Do you really think that a single shred will do more dmg than a 5 CB FB???
    OF COURSE NOT, but damage per energy wise YES

Quote Originally Posted by gollie View Post
    Well, considering Shred will be buffed, and the fact that it doesn't reset your energy and your combo points.. It's a valid point. It's more to it than just the "dmg".
    exactly

Deleted
    ferocious bite, shit skill, i find myself pressing it once every minute or so due to movement in fights and building up 6 to 7 combo points in 22 seconds is about the best you can do on most heroic fights as it is. i dont even bother keybinding it anymore, infact i decided to drop it completely as it is now, saves me another 4 talents to waste on some fun talents. real encounters arent target dummys guys, but i dont have to tell that to anyone. i tip my hat to you who lets off a ferocious bite atleast once every 20 seconds, or even 40 seconds.

change to shred is most welcome, makes my life easier and more enjoyable. but this is my opinion, go ahead and disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Solarsting View Post
    change to shred is most welcome, makes my life easier and more enjoyable. but this is my opinion, go ahead and disagree
    i wont disagree. for me FB is the last step on our dps, the one the pulls us ahead but i can live without as it is. Changes are welcome, cant wait for the new zerk shred spam (@ i am nao tanking lol)

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    OF COURSE NOT, but damage per energy wise YES
    You do realize shred costs MORE energy right? FB is currently like twice the dpe of shred. Shred's higher energy cost means its gaining ~2% of weapon damage per energy. That's not gonna double it.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I'd say slap on the FB glyph and use it to refresh rips at execute range.

ferocious bite, shit skill, i find myself pressing it once every minute or so due to movement in fights and building up 6 to 7 combo points in 22 seconds is about the best you can do on most heroic fights as it is. i dont even bother keybinding it anymore, infact i decided to drop it completely as it is now, saves me another 4 talents to waste on some fun talents. real encounters arent target dummys guys, but i dont have to tell that to anyone. i tip my hat to you who lets off a ferocious bite atleast once every 20 seconds, or even 40 seconds.

I will disagree, taking points out of your execute is a terrible idea. FB will not go down and dropping DPS just because you don't like it won't help you in a real encounter. To think that this small buff to shred will cause it to be better than FB is absurd.

15+ Year Old Account
    FB is going to do ~10% more damage(if used at 42 energy) than shred so its still higher DPE but much much closer than it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof View Post
    I'd say slap on the FB glyph and use it to refresh rips at execute range.
    could well be worth it something for me to test when it goes live.

Edit: upon further thought Glyph will still be useless
    Last edited by Alski; 2011-01-15 at 01:39 AM.

Deleted

Have you even done the raid bossfights? The last 25% of most bossfights are ~25% of 110-120m health, so ~25-30 million health. With 15-17 dps, 1-3 tanks and 7 healers, this will take a good minute with the gearlevels and dps our guild is pulling (~350k raid dps during execute phases, if your lucky; 25.000.000/350.000=71 seconds) in which you can bite every time you get 5 cps (apart from refreshing SR when needed, but thats kinda timing-based. its not like you'll do a 5cp-SR when the boss will only live for another 15 seconds.) Added to that i actually do manage to squeeze in a fair few 5cp-bites before the 25% aswell.
    Last edited by mmocf1e65def16; 2011-01-14 at 01:31 PM.