Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah, I agree. They need to add in a 75 stam to bracers like the other enchants coming out. LW is superior for any class at the moment until they add the equivalent enchants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    I appreciate the feedback, though that is not the topic of the post. I understand that many people feel that way though. Question is why not. To address what you said, and im sure this is debatable, but 40 stam is still the second best enchant to bracers (to 195 stam LW chant). Just look at all the top tanks in the world that are not LW if you want proof on this.

If this post in going to turn in to yet ANOTHER topic on EH or avoidance, i would like to throw in there that just because it is becoming "popular" to state that stam is not important if you are over 150k health and not doing heroic bosses yet, does not make it true. If you have math or theory why, then it justifies your claims, but to just say "stam is not the best anymore, get dodge and parry" means nothing.
    and the answer was a "why?"
    the best enchant for a slot is the best enchant for the slot. I get that a tank only looks good from the outside if he has 200k hp unbuffed and everything is purple with "heroic" on it but in the end mitigation >> HP. so 50 mastery on bracers are FUCK YEAH! or am I mixing up the enchant right now?
    armor trinket > hp trinket
    mitigation enchant > hp enchant
    avoid is no mitigation

Remember, they might add enchants as we progress in raids as well. Bladeward, and +40Stam came out in Ulduar, did they not? So we may very well get more as we progress.

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    and the answer was a "why?"
    the best enchant for a slot is the best enchant for the slot. I get that a tank only looks good from the outside if he has 200k hp unbuffed and everything is purple with "heroic" on it but in the end mitigation >> HP. so 50 mastery on bracers are FUCK YEAH! or am I mixing up the enchant right now?
    armor trinket > hp trinket
    mitigation enchant > hp enchant
    avoid is no mitigation
    You successfully contributed nothing to this thread. First i fail to even know what you are talking about, more than half of it made no sense at all. Second, we all know that mitigation is not avoidance, 50 mastery is not "FUCK YEAH!", there is no 50 mastery to bracers anyways. And third neither myself or any other decent tank out there cares about "purples". Anyways troll, thank you for nothing.

There has been much wailing and gnashing of teeth since Cataclysm came out among non-caster Engineers sweating over the lack of viable glove tinkers. A month now into the expansion there is a fix to introduce strength/agi options on it as well... it's possible a new stam to bracer enchant will be introduced at the same time. Shake of the magic Blizz Fix ball though says 'don't count on it'. A Burning Crusade weapon enchant was more useful for many tanks throughout the last expansion so its also highly possible that a Lich King enchant will remain the best for bracers as well..bring it up on the official forums is what I'd recommend if you're really bent on getting something else.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brosterr View Post
    Thank you for getting this back on topic. I personally doubt that is the case, but maybe. At the least it is an interesting idea. I just think they would not have added the healer/dps chant to bracers they did if that was the case.
    The 40 stam to bracer enchant wasn't added in to the game until the second tier of raid content in WotLK, so it maybe possible that they are holding the enchant back for now. You know how Blizz wants at least one prof to shine for each tier, I guess this time around it's LW.

ZOMG, i guess as a newbie to these forums i am learning the hard way that people do not read before they post. WHY, WHY, WHY, WHY (did that get your attention) are they taking LEATHERWORKING which WAS the best profession for ALL classes at the start of cataclysm and fixing it so that it is on par with all other professions......................EXCEPT FOR TANKS.

So far every attempt anyone has made at explaining this has failed (except maybe that they will bring it in later, which still doesn't make any sense). And there have been blue post where blizzard explicitly says that they do not want one profession to shine this greatly over the others. The math for those of you that are missing it is that each profession offers roughly 120 of your best prime stat. Leatherworking at this time offers far more than that for all classes, after the next patch it will offer caster, healers and both mele specs exactly 120 to their prime stat.....but for tanks it will be 155. I remain baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by freezion View Post
    That's actually wrong. at the current given time, stamina and mastery mix stacking is the most viable for most of the tanks, as a pure avoidance gem only grants 0.9% and the hybrid gems even less. Effective health and mastery is superior to dodge at parry at the moment (though warriors need to include some parry aswell for talents)
    Just because they grant little visible avoidance, doesn't mean the dtps reduce is small. In this expansion you don't need high health in normal modes. It's all about mitigating as much as possible to save healer's mana. There isn't a single normal fight where EH is more important than mitigation, same for most heroics.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2011-01-19 at 04:07 AM.

For most Wars and Pals overall the 50 dodge is superior to the 40 stamina until passive block cap, but the gap between 50 dodge and 195 stamina is still greater than 120 stamina.

Blizz knows this means the only option for EH stackers is to go Leatherworking and use the Draconic Embossment, they should add a +75 Stamina enchant but they should also buff the dodge enchant to either 80 or 85 to make it comparable to the stamina enchant(on my character specifically the dodge enchant would have to add a minimum of 82 dodge rating to be as good as a 75 stamina enchant would be.) Then we'd actually have some real choice, instead of what is obviously a non-choice.
    Last edited by Kaeleena; 2011-08-13 at 11:16 AM.

So.. to answer "why" ?

It would be hard to answer, i'm not inside blizzard head. But, i think they just don't count stamina as a primary stats. Stamina would be the same as spirit.. not as important as thier 3 primary stats (agi, str, int), but still over the real secondary stats (haste, mastery, hit [...] ). (i know stamina is tank primary stat, although stacking mastery is a better choice in many fights..)

So, assuming what i say is right.. it's even harder to tell why they are thinking that. Maybe they just didn't do thier maths ? Or maybe they did them so perfectly that it's hard to understand ?

Deleted
    Yeah, I agree. They need to add in a 75 stam to bracers like the other enchants coming out. LW is superior for any class at the moment until they add the equivalent enchants.
    Well this is just not true, LW gives the advantage off the stamina intellect or w/e u want. But if u take other professions u get the same buff. Like enchanting it gives u 2x 40 agi on rings thats 80 agi. LW gives a 130 agi enchant on ur bracer while the best enchant is 50 agi that makes it an extra 80 agi also. The professions are perfectly balanced stop saying stuff that's not true please.
    Last edited by mmoc12d9684606; 2011-08-13 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soepballetje View Post
    Well this is just not true, LW gives the advantage off the stamina intellect or w/e u want. But if u take other professions u get the same buff. Like enchanting it gives u 2x 40 agi on rings thats 80 agi. LW gives a 130 agi enchant on ur bracer while the best enchant is 50 agi that makes it an extra 80 agi also. The professions are perfectly balanced stop saying stuff that's not true please.
    for agi yes, not for stamina stamina wise it's a 150 boost, not a 120 like every other enchant.

oh and nice necroing, last post was only 7 months ago..