Immune for 4 secs will be interesting

I play both a priest and mage and begin to wonder about the scenario of them battling with the new changes. 4 secs of immunity to interrupts guarantees them 1 penance and a flash heal with
    the borrowed time talent. and that's pretty much guaranteed every 12 secs.

That is nice but this is where the Strength of Time talent becomes interesting. Let's say them mage happens to get me to 1/4 HP left and i pop Pw: Shield and begin to channel penance. As a mage on live I will hit counterspell faster then you can imagine. Oops...IMMUNE! 24 secs of spamming heals to 100% unless i have a deep freeze handy.

Just saying it will take time for all you opponents to adjust to this change of immunity and even after they adjust I'm sure rogues will still occasionally accidentally kick or warrior pummel. The Immunity will also apply to Inner Focus. PW: Shield > Penance/Flash Heal > Inner Focus 4 secs more of immunity > Greater Heal. How many classes you know won't just instinctively press their interrupt during a long casted Greater Heal even though on the cast bar it shows immunity? oops IMMUNE!!! Time to spam heals to full!

So enjoy a awesome mechanic of PW:Shield and Inner Focus and enjoy a definite buff to our survivability.
    Last edited by Hypno; 2011-01-13 at 10:07 PM.

The mechanic is quite obvious, a huge blue shield around you. So I think you're overthinking it, I doubt people will fail that hard....no wait they will... damn you might be right.

Thanks to Stanton Biston for the amazing sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    The mechanic is quite obvious, a huge blue shield around you. So I think you're overthinking it, I doubt people will fail that hard....no wait they will... damn you might be right.
    Nope, I'm sure even the best of players will still want to use their interrupt cds to get that free HK. Even the best of players might accidentally press it...OOPS IMMUNE!!! IT WILL BE FUN!!!!

On my mage it would be agonizing to watch a disc priest cast an entire Greater Heal without pressing Counterspell. I have the "Discipline" not to press but how many mages do?
    Last edited by Hypno; 2011-01-13 at 10:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for it to go live, Disc priests will be unbeatable again : D
    85 Priest/72 Druid/85 Mage/24 Shaman/56 Paladin

The 4 second immunity to silences / interrupts / dispels only works with Inner Focus, not with Power Word: Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    The 4 second immunity to silences / interrupts / dispels only works with Inner Focus, not with Power Word: Shield.
    I don't want to be a dick but read the front page

# Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.

It also causes as in addition, as in plus....

It causes PW: Shield and ALSO Inner Focus.

The Power Shield being reverted is not referring to the Strength of Soul Talent. It is Referring to the First Tier talent in Disc Called Improved Power Word Shield in which the extra 30% absorption is being reverted.
    Last edited by Hypno; 2011-01-13 at 10:28 PM.

Deleted
    You kinda counterargumented yourself. Yes, you might be against a mage. Yes, he might use counterspell. Yes, there is most likely another player to interrupt you where the mage failed. Yes, you will still die. This game is not, was never, and never will be balanced around 1v1 - So that shitty argument of priest vs mage is irrelevant.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 11:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sp101 View Post
    It works with both. Originally it was only when using PW:S on yourself, it is now ALSO after using Inner Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Hypno View Post
    I don't want to be a dick but read the front page

# Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.

It also causes as in addition, as in plus....

It causes PW: Shield and ALSO Inner Focus.
    I don't mean to be a bitch (or do I? I dunno... but that's "in addition" to its current effects of the Flash/Greater/Heal reducing Weakened Soul.

It's not on Power Word: Shield, that lasted half a PTR build.

It's all context.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by FruityFrodo View Post
    You kinda counterargumented yourself. Yes, you might be against a mage. Yes, he might use counterspell. Yes, there is most likely another player to interrupt you where the mage failed. Yes, you will still die. This game is not, was never, and never will be balanced around 1v1 - So that shitty argument of priest vs mage is irrelevant.

---------- Post added 2011-01-13 at 11:25 PM ----------

It works with both. Originally it was only when using PW:S on yourself, it is now ALSO after using Inner Focus

What was I thinking? Arena or Bgs never come down to 1v1 or even about what class uses what interrupt at what time?

PVP much?

I see multiple threads of people playing on PTR saying it effects both PW:Shield and Inner Focus. Some people saying just Inner Focus. Either way I can't get on
    PTR and confirm anything because I'm away from my computer.

I think if it is just Inner Focus the immunity should be perhaps buffed from 2/4 secs to 3/6 secs.
    Last edited by Hypno; 2011-01-13 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    I understand that it's kind of confusing since the tooltip in the latest patch note update shows its on PW:S. But didn't it already get removed from PW:S?
    I think this patch note update (the inner focus one) is refering to an update to the spell in its current state on live.

(Not quite sure though, can anyone confirm it got removed from PW:S in the PTR?)