View Poll Results: Jon Stewart for President!

Voters
38. This poll is closed
  • Oh Hells YA

23 60.53%
  • What's a President?

7 18.42%
  • Sarah Palin all the way man!

8 21.05%

Jon Stewart For President!

Would you vote for Jon Stewart if he ran for President? If not, why?

Quote Originally Posted by Yewen View Post
    Would you vote for Jon Stewart if he ran for President? If not, why?
    As much as i'd like to say yes, probably not. He lacks the experience, but thank goodness for his laughs and news that is more often than not more credible than anything posted by the real "news"

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe. Although he is brilliant at times, he is still a satirist (is that a word? lol. I mean one who works with satire). I want someone serious, not a jokester.

Hell yea I would. He actually connects with what the people want

all i can say to this is.... actually, I can't say anything about this. This might be a joke, but you basically just categorized all conservatives into league with Sarah Palin, which is a bad move.

Do I think Jon Stewart is funny? Sure. I would never vote for the man for president though, seeing as Im a conservative, and I find it insulting that you are being this stereotypical, joke or not.

Hell no I wouldn't. He's annoying.

Darnash.... it's a joke.
    Aragornoth- 85 Ret Pally - Mannoroth - 346 Average Item Level

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on who he's running against... Against Palin hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    all i can say to this is.... actually, I can't say anything about this. This might be a joke, but you basically just categorized all conservatives into league with Sarah Palin, which is a bad move.

Do I think Jon Stewart is funny? Sure. I would never vote for the man for president though, seeing as Im a conservative, and I find it insulting that you are being this stereotypical, joke or not.
    Lawl? It's funny that a conservative finds a joke "insulting" when someone tries to give humor to what a joke main stream conservates support. Perhaps I should have put Glenn Beck or any other the Fox supporters, other than Palin. Then again, if I did, I believe the >JOKE< wouldn't have been that funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. He's a comedian. I love his show and I agree with just about all of his views but.. no. Just no.

"The Reggae Shaman"

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    As much as i'd like to say yes, probably not. He lacks the experience, but thank goodness for his laughs and news that is more often than not more credible than anything posted by the real "news"
    Career politicians are exactly the problem. I would take Jon Stewart over any (yes ANY) person whose career is politics.

Who can say with certainty that even Jon Stewart won't get corrupted or if not something so dramatic, pushed to do stuff he would otherwise condemn to hell? As much as I like him (I haven't missed his show in over 5 years and I live in Europe), people should stick to what they do best. For him it's satire and comedy. Even so, I hope Americans would vote for him over any republican narrow-minded bigot that keep running for the opposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    he would be our first non christian president

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renf View Post
    Who can say with certainty that even Jon Stewart won't get corrupted or if not something so dramatic, pushed to do stuff he would otherwise condemn to hell? As much as I like him (I haven't missed his show in over 5 years and I live in Europe), people should stick to what they do best. For him it's satire and comedy. Even so, I hope Americans would vote for him over any republican narrow-minded bigot that keep running for the opposition.
    and elect a democrat? no thanks....
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Well, we elected a celebrity to office in California. Look how that turned out.

Deleted
    Moved to Fun Stuff, since this thread is sort of a joke-thread.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I voted Sarah Palin, as it would make election time much more hilarious for us up north.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the "No" option? I know what a president is, and I don't want him or Sarah Palin to be my next president.

I'm for Colbert Nation. Let fear reign supreme!...

But John Stewart is cool too.

---------- Post added 2011-01-14 at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Where is the "No" option? I know what a president is, and I don't want him or Sarah Palin to be my next president.
    Called not voting good sir.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?