Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is it worth it rolling Feral Tank anymore?

I'm sitting at 2 85's and I'm not sure why but I'm just unhappy with the classes my two 85's are. (Warlock and Shaman). I've been looking around on the internet a little bit trying to find an interesting class and spec to play. I stumbled upon a Feral Tank Druid. I'm not sure if its worth it to level up to 85 or not considering I don't see many anymore. Any one's thoughts?
    two bitches at the same time, synchronized swimmers

I have fun doing it. Like anything it's very subjective.

After the nerf to Savage Defense (which was needed overall), many people I think Just dropped their feral druid. There are a few perks I guess to being feral druids. You take the least amount of sustained magical damage, and you bring the highest tank dps overall to raids. Plus your a BEAR! Last time I checked, bears are pretty cool.

Overall though it depends on what you enjoy. Feral tanks are pretty fun imo (I play one afterall). It really depends on your playstyle. And there's 1 good thing about not seeing too many. It might be a bit easier to get gear from raids, though that's just my guess.
    I once fought a Druid in Tol Barad, it was like playing name that animal and no matter what you picked you would bleed to death from that animal. - Magellanmini

To be honest, I fall asleep while tanking, but dps is fun, stressful at times when you don't crit since it's early in the xpack.
    Although I do love druids, only thing that would make me reroll is PvP at this point, I'd rather just reroll spec.

I'm just about giving up tanking.

Not due to the incoming nerfs (Mangle was reasonable, the rest make me go WTF though), but the community.

I always seem to find the players that go "oh shit! he has 160k hp! we don't need to CC" and start pulling shit while I have no rage.

Quote Originally Posted by VarsBWR View Post
    I'm sitting at 2 85's and I'm not sure why but I'm just unhappy with the classes my two 85's are. (Warlock and Druid).
    *Fixed

I kinda agree with you, I've had warlock as my main off and on since early BC so it was my first, got to 85 and just felt that my dps sucked compared to everybody else. So I did druid 2nd, tanked my way to 85 and after I got thrash i had the easiest time tanking ever, best aoe threat i've seen. But then I hit 85 and i've been gearing the best I can, looking at online charts and gearing through dungons. And I'll tell you, unless you have the gold to spend on the crafted items then your kinda in a bad spot. I have pretty much of the best of the best pre-heroic and I'm honestly kinda scared to run my first heroic. My dodge is low (30%ish) and I just don't think SD is strong enough to fix that low of a number. I'm forged and chanted correctly as well. Basically I just don't think the gear is there. With my lock i've been through heroics that seem to struggle alot more with a druid rather than a warrior or a pally or a DK.

Just my personal opinions so don't think too hard into them, but yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof View Post
    I'm just about giving up tanking.

Not due to the incoming nerfs (Mangle was reasonable, the rest make me go WTF though), but the community.

I always seem to find the players that go "oh shit! he has 160k hp! we don't need to CC" and start pulling shit while I have no rage.
    I would suggest it. Bears are badass, Insta-ques are bad ass, Having four specs to play is badass, and Guilds are badass.

Feral tanking is tons of fun.

Plus you get to piss off rogues in heroics who doesn't like that?
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof View Post

I feel ya man, shifted in and out of bear for that yummy 10 rage and popped Enrage....... healer: "AFK A SEC"

me: -.- as i watch my beloved rage slowly deplete

at 2 rage healer is like: 'BACK, wtf u waiting for?!'

Deleted
    As a druid tank since bc i have to say , no we pretty much are down the list of tanks and the nerfs won't make it any better
    Roll a real tank , i'm gonna.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizznizz View Post
    I feel ya man, shifted in and out of bear for that yummy 10 rage and popped Enrage....... healer: "AFK A SEC"

me: -.- as i watch my beloved rage slowly deplete

at 2 rage healer is like: 'BACK, wtf u waiting for?!'
    I saw this happen just last night though i was the one who said wait. But then he says we gotta wait 45 secs for enrage and i go alriught np but the healer just says charge. Heh some people have no patience.

But yeah i like bear tankinga nd dk tanking it's fun or was at least kinda sketchy to do it post cata why i'm gona levela new bear and dk to get the feel for it again with the new mechanics. I just wish people didn't faceroll low lv dungeouns on purpoise blizz needs to buff them IMO make em so we can actually get practice and warriors who que tank with 2hers get killed no questions asked.

Deleted
    No its not... easy Question, easy answer

dont see many these days, mostly DKs and pallys. there could be a reason why...

My guild's MT is a feral druid, and while he's an excellent player (probably one of the best/most aware tanks I've yet to raid with) he's also been easy to heal and thanks to vengeance can drop some serious dps (compared to our warrior and paladin tanks we also bring to raids). He says that a lot of people on the WoW forums are dismissing feral tanks as decent weapons, but I remember the first week of Cata release, when we got into BoT and had some attempts on halfus - he was top or 2nd dps thanks to vengeance (pulling a little over 20k - given now that our dps has geared up we now pass him easily). Now that we're all decently geared in raids he still pulls a good chunk of % more than any of the other tanks we bring (even with equal tanking by both of them).

Also, you have to consider that druids are probably one of the most versatile classes in the game - I'd suggest you level him and see how you like it. Druid's are best for ADD players in that you can swap from being a tank, to a melee dps, ranged dps, and healer at the drop of a hat. Don't let people tell you "FERAL TANK ARE TEH SUCKORZ" and decide that's why you won't play a class - play what you enjoy, it's a game.

Deleted
    All 4 tanks are 100% viable to clear the normal raid content at the moment. If you are asking that question about tanking, I'm going to assume that you are not rolling a character to focus 100% on first hard mode kills, progression, etc.

In which case, if you are worried about how well you will be able to do, I can tell you: bears are great tanks. Unfortunately, we are probably the least versatile tank at the moment (not character, just tank) in the sense that we are pretty terrible at aoe tanking. But on single target fights we are as good if not better than alternatives.

i couldnt hold aggro well in Heroic SFK on the PTR against a fury warrior and ret pally
    is that normal?

Deleted
    These threads are useless and stupid. Blizzard would never leave a class so badly nerfed its not playable. If that would happen, expect a hotfix / patch in the near future that'll fix it.
    Stop making these stupid threads

Easiest tank to get top gear in a raid. You'll only be rolling against one other class, and maybe another feral druid if you have one. Much better than having two-three tanks rolling for the same items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by boazjuggalo View Post
    *Fixed

I kinda agree with you, I've had warlock as my main off and on since early BC so it was my first, got to 85 and just felt that my dps sucked compared to everybody else. So I did druid 2nd, tanked my way to 85 and after I got thrash i had the easiest time tanking ever, best aoe threat i've seen. But then I hit 85 and i've been gearing the best I can, looking at online charts and gearing through dungons. And I'll tell you, unless you have the gold to spend on the crafted items then your kinda in a bad spot. I have pretty much of the best of the best pre-heroic and I'm honestly kinda scared to run my first heroic. My dodge is low (30%ish) and I just don't think SD is strong enough to fix that low of a number. I'm forged and chanted correctly as well. Basically I just don't think the gear is there. With my lock i've been through heroics that seem to struggle alot more with a druid rather than a warrior or a pally or a DK.

Just my personal opinions so don't think too hard into them, but yea.
    I'm not trying to be offensive here, but this is Wrath Syndrome. We're so used to seeing 60%-70% dodge from a Feral tank that we're so afraid of our, once again, normal Avoidance numbers. I'm pretty sure that in Naxx the Feral tank I ran with only had 30% dodge at the time, and that was good for then. Don't worry so much about the 30% dodge as much as keeping yourself alive and holding aggro. It's the healer's job to keep you alive, and tbh if they can't do that at your avoidance then that's their problem or you just need to use more CC.

Quote Originally Posted by JKinTMC View Post
    i couldnt hold aggro well in Heroic SFK on the PTR against a fury warrior and ret pally
    is that normal?
    Look at the bright side. Maybe Ret pallys are doing useful damage now! ;-)