Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You weren't to specific in your op so a couple peices. If you are leveling from scratch i would level as kitty and ignore tanking until later as feral tanking is like punching yourself in the face until you get swipe which is kind of late then it is just like slapping yourself in the face til you get thrash which actually does any aoe threat at all. it is fine at 85 though.

---------- Post added 2011-01-15 at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Feral druids that played in tbc might have an other opinion on that , and yes that took an emergency patch to fix.
    It's that what we should hope for again ? ah well , stop playing for a few weeks till blizz wakes up and fixes us again ?
    How many bears have you seen in random dungeons sofar ? Sure we can still tank but it's not fun as a bear, it's a shit job that other tanks can do beter , faster and easier , we are clearly behind other tanks and that shows in our representation in dungeons which is really low imo and that affects everyone , why do you think your waiting for a tank for 30minutes ? Because a shitload of 'tanks' are not tanking at this moment.
    It is more that bears are superior when fighting a single mob since sd has a low proc rate and gets knocked off by any physical damage no matter what. The less often they are hit and harder the more ap they have and more often sd is up per hit. They are without a doubt the hardest tank to tank heroics with atm due to the nerfs they took but they are perfectly fine in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnetixz View Post
    It's -hit, -attack speed and -25% damage done by Halfus, not the player.
    It is indeed. Now an intellectual exercise - what happens when a target is 25% less unlikely to hit a paladin or warrior tank?

It all adds up, and I was just making the point that they have so much more than Feral Druids.
    And so much of it doesn't really matter.

Adept don't use a Feral Druid ...
    Jabk.

Edit: and you're correct, who wants to take less damage when you could have Hand of Protection instead!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jabk hasn't played in over a month.
    Last edited by Cevlol; 2011-01-15 at 01:26 AM.

I honestly hate to sound like an ass, but ever since you linked a druid wearing Abberration's Leggings and claiming they were 6/12 HM...well..lets just say I now take whatever you say with a grain of salt.

If you're going to reroll a tank class for enjoyment warrior all the way.

Druid is currently retarded single target threat getting nerfed some in patch, the most difficult multitarget threat(this is also being nerfed since a lot of our multitarget was just target switching our OP single target abilities).

Druids are super versatile in all the specs they can do, if you're going to sit in bear form tanking always(like a lot of stubborn bears)I'd say roll a different class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    I honestly hate to sound like an ass, but ever since you linked a druid wearing Abberration's Leggings and claiming they were 6/12 HM...well..lets just say I now take whatever you say with a grain of salt.
    You say it as if they're bad, rofl.

Feral tanks are as good as the person behind the screen.

Well they are sub-par and you can easily obtain better, but I don't see why that makes a difference to this conversation..

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless the OP only cares about playing the "best" possible tanking class, none of this talk really matters. Seeing as they are this far into cata and deciding to possibly reroll from scratch, I am guessing they really are not that hardcore.

As far as playing a class that you enjoy and will allow for a lot of flexibility, you really can't beat a druid. Leveling as a druid is tons of fun, especially when playing on a pvp server. Leveled 2 now and thinking about a 3rd. Flightform!!!

They have made gearing a bear much easier than it was in the past and made tanking much more engaging. Unless you are in some super leet guild that only takes FotM, you will always have a spot in raids. That is ofc if you can play.

Long story short, even if you get to 85 and decide against playing it you will have fun leveling it.

Because they are? T11 pants are substantially better, and vastly easier obtained.

I'm not going to stop reading, but when you do things like that, and then not perform accurate comparisons in Raid utility, well, yeah.

Feral druids that played in tbc might have an other opinion on that , and yes that took an emergency patch to fix.
    It's that what we should hope for again ? ah well , stop playing for a few weeks till blizz wakes up and fixes us again ?
    How many bears have you seen in random dungeons sofar ? Sure we can still tank but it's not fun as a bear, it's a shit job that other tanks can do beter , faster and easier , we are clearly behind other tanks and that shows in our representation in dungeons which is really low imo and that affects everyone , why do you think your waiting for a tank for 30minutes ? Because a shitload of 'tanks' are not tanking at this moment.

You are so right. I droped tanking after few cata dungeons and few runs with prot pala friend (who started to tank 1 week before cata). Like Bubalus said, its really hard to tank 5men hc as druid. Get pala or warr its alot easier, wotlk easy. Druids are good at tanking 1 target, boss fight etc, but not every fight is 1 target fight and every other tank can do the same job same as good or even better + aoe tanking is a lot easier with all other 3 tank classes. Our 1st aoe "swipe" is very weak with 6 sec cd, trash is very nice aoe threat builder but on fights where u have to cc, skill like "trash" can easy wipe your party since u apply bleed to your targets and that means good bye CC for too long to recast cc without troubles. Using both skills like trash/swipe gets u easy out of rage, pray that u have really bad dps in your group and can keep agro on you with white dmg till you get enough for next hit

Druid also lacks middle range skills like judgement, or that "disc" pala skill that hits 3 targets, or proper circle aoe that u can control better then skills like swipe/trash. On mob packs with 5 or more mobs gets really bad. You literaly have to run to every mob, tab around and beg that your tab doesnt target mobs of next group, hit with everything u got to keep agro. That would be fine if 3 other tanks had to do same, but nope, only druid needs to strugle and run around like bear with mad cow desies.

druids are not that versile as they were in other expansions. When u go cat, u go cat u cant tank with proper cat spec or dps with tank spec since we are already 11th place in dps, every 1% dps loss is too much for us. Yes u have dual spec but you will need also 2nd set of gear for tanking(with diferent gems, enchants etc)

As cats we are one of most useless dps specs. Our interupts cost 25 energy making us impossible to do proper dps and interupt, with already bad dps overall this one is killing us(epic pvp glover wont help u much there, interupts cost u less energy but dps loss compared to ilvl 346 blue gloves is huge enogh to have same dps or even less then interrupting with 25 energy). Our cc for 5men parties is short or useble only on few mobs(dragonkins, beasts). Our aoe is very very weak, so this part is druid failing too.

after patch 4.0.6 in best case we gonna do same dmg as now(wich is bad) in worst case we loose 3-4% overall dps

I dont have to mention that our rotation/priority list as feral cat is hardest in wow. Ofc its fun becouse u dont get stupid from smashing 3 same button over and over again, its not boring because u dotn have time to breath in raids with our rotation and all moving and watching on diferent boss encounters u dont have time to get bored. If u want easier dps class, pick any other. Prefer range classes. Easy and relaxing u have enogh space and time to watch for boss encounters while still doing amazing dps

IMO dont roll druid
    Last edited by DopeJam; 2011-01-15 at 04:14 AM.

@Dopejam:

Either you just don't understand how to play a Feral, or you can't execute it properly. Neither one is indicitive of how the spec performs as a whole, merely that the skillcap is higher than other choices.

Pls explain. Im playing feral druid for very long time. Tanked every raid since tbc started.

Or are you talking about dps? These are fact you are welcome to check them on state of dps site all numbers are taken from wow logs

Skull bash being 25 energy is not the reason we can't use it reliably. Cats have always had low energy generation compared to rogues, given that our only mechanics are TF and OoC, and OoC doesn't work on skull bash. Rogues have *numerous* increases to their generation, on top of having haste as a desirable stat. Skull bash itself is amazing due to the range and short cooldown, it's like having a mini-intercept.

If rounding up mobs is the issue as feral, then playing another class is hardly going to solve anything. Swipe and Thrash have a relatively small range, making it almost trivial to simply move away from most CC's. Certain CC's are even okay to hit to test range, such as Hex. Warriors have the exact same issue with Thunderclap, Pallies with Consecration and HotR, and DK's with BB, and later pestilence again.

If you don't assign a kill order, that's your fault for needing to round up 5 mobs by running around. Swipe and Thrash are more than sufficient to hold aggro temporarily while the group should be focused on one. Even then, gear is now at a point where I'm able to hold and survive 4 mobs without effort on my part or the healer's, assuming it's mobs that are meant to be survivable while not alone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldology View Post
    Isn't the best tank in the world a bear?
    No , he's the guildleader , not like he's going to bench himself now is he ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blahu - Twisting Nether View Post
    Last time I checked, bears are pretty cool.
    Bears almost always get #1 on the ThreatDown
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

No , he's the guildleader , not like he's going to bench himself now is he ?
    They bring in undergeared ranged alts to down a boss that can't have melee (ie: pre-fix council). I'm pretty sure they care about progression more than who goes as what spec, and who goes period. If bear's weren't an exceptional tank, he would be doing something different.

If you think Bear's are bad tanks at this point in the expansion, you don't know very much about this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterhoof View Post
    and start pulling shit while I have no rage.
    This is the point where you hit your Enrage button.

I love my bear in cata, the offense is so much more fun than the boring swipe/maul spam in WOTLK, it's an absolute joy to play and whoever said AOE threat is bad is wrong. Having 2 charges (charge & skull bash) now is freaking awesome too. My only concern is the lack of Defensive Cooldowns, only 3 compared to the freaking army of cooldowns pallies or dk's have (don't know warriors, yet! work in progress), which makes me feel like I have less control than with my other two tanks when the crap hits the fan, 2 of those 3 cd's are on 3 minute cd's, ouch - I'm currently leaving a 346 trinket in my bags cause I def want one on-use trinket for those "oh crap" moments and not 2 proc-trinkets. So in summary I love bear, but would love another defensive cooldown and possibly a ranged silence.

Our 1st aoe "swipe" is very weak with 6 sec cd, trash is very nice aoe threat builder but on fights where u have to cc, skill like "trash" can easy wipe your party since u apply bleed to your targets and that means good bye CC for too long to recast cc without troubles.
    Have to disagree here, just mark skull, x and your cc targets. After the cc pull just FFF (there is your Judgement) skull, I can demo roar and get inc mobs to me then swipe, if the dps are more trigger happy i start with swipe, if a dps is aoeing at the beginning of a pull they don't deserve to live, haven't had it happen yet so np. Thrash doesn't wipe your party, bad management or bad dps does. Just don't tank right next to cc'd mobs. Sure a pally's AS is a godsend in Cata, Dk's have great tools with Strangulate and Death Grip to get mobs closer, and Warriors have a Heroic Throw. But they aren't a furry teddy meatshield, yeeha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy View Post
    They bring in undergeared ranged alts to down a boss that can't have melee (ie: pre-fix council). I'm pretty sure they care about progression more than who goes as what spec, and who goes period. If bear's weren't an exceptional tank, he would be doing something different.

If you think Bear's are bad tanks at this point in the expansion, you don't know very much about this expansion.
    This.

With this grain of salt: if your raid already has a bear, roll something different. One bear is great, 2 bears (in 10 man) is sub-optimal.