Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I was so lucky with allmost all the new tamable rares.

For Terrorpene, Sambas and Maddexx i was simply check the respective areas every late night for about 10 minutes.
    After 3 days all 3 was in my stable.
    About 60 minutes total.
    There was less competition in the first 2 weeks of Cata.

Forgot about Loque...i found him for casuality....WOTLK time....i was not BM so a friend o' mine came to sholazar and keep Loque engaged while i was respec to BM.
    Also Time Lost Proto Drake...never camped for him...i found him for casuality.
    Last edited by mmoc6b6e435597; 2011-01-15 at 02:01 PM.

The hardest pet for me to camp was Loque. Although I eventually gave up on it, and went for the other spirit beast. Then one night, my friend and I were doing some parachute PvPing in Sholazar Basin, and my NPCscan went crazy. On the other hand, I noticed all of the Cataclysm rares are extremely easy to get. It might just be me, but I've gotten all of the Cataclysm rares within 3 days, except for Madexx who I haven't really looked for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once camped for Shadowclaw. It was so easy. First time I went, no shadowclaw, came back a few days l8er, no shadowclaw. Then a few more days later I went to their spawn and they were there ^.^ My favourite pet atm.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pet Rock... Get it?

The spirit beast in Grizzly Hills. Camped it for 4hrs one day, slept for 6hrs, and then 13hrs straight just sitting at my computer.. such a waste. 3weeks later cata comes out and im the first hunter on my server with ghostcrawler =P

I get fed up after about 40 min camping pet spawn points.

Hence, no cool pets for me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luphy View Post
    I once camped for Shadowclaw. It was so easy. First time I went, no shadowclaw, came back a few days l8er, no shadowclaw. Then a few more days later I went to their spawn and they were there ^.^ My favourite pet atm.
    It's easy alright he spawns after 5minutes tops if he is killed or tamed.

Lupos was pain in the ass to get for me alot people wanted him cause he did shadow dmg instead of physical dmg , Also Brokentooth was pretty hard since every hunter who pvp wanted him... But then Blizz Killed pets and i haven't really gone after rare since..

The rare shale spider pet, that was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well longest camp has to be smabas for sure i started out with just a random circles @ his spawn point after i dinged 85 went up to 1-2 hours of camping while w8ing on dungeons and now that i am fully geared almost up to at least 6-7 hours on week days and 9-12 on weekends for the last 2 weeks nothing yet. I got loque'nahak pretty fast while still questing in SB so didn't camp at all, Gondria took me 2 days of casual 1-2 hours of circling.

All i want of this expac is Sambas but as u see no luck for me yet
    Retired

Only one giving me grief is the ghost bear.. Lohque; Samba; Skoll and The other kitty were all accidental finds; wasnt looking and then bamph. I get grief when i tell other hunters that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aotona, im a pet freak
    i hit 80 in wrath, specced BM to solo shit instead of my lvl spec
    went to sholazar to tame a crocodile and king krush was infront of me, so i tamed him ( only JUST, he got me to 200 hp and his last attack MISSED and i got the tame)

went offline, came back a few hours later and got loque nahak while doing my daily
    got gondria not long afterwards herbing

checked for skoll and arcturis for a month till cata came out
    went to an OS run one day, logged in a few hours later and bagged skoll and arcturis

some stupid ally put a bomb under me as i was afk in the tunnel in deepholm ( i was 83) he shot my up by accident and i came back to jadefang in my face, killed it since it was level 85 and got the companion, tamed it later when doing dailies

hit 85, minute later i went to abyssal depths to mine obsidium and ghostcrawler was infront of me, tamed him.
    started to do twi high since id never even did a quest there, did the chain with the dwarf brothers you kill the ettin with, went towards thundermaar to check for some quests, karoma was infront of me when i went to mine an elementium, got him

3 weeks ago i was doing a quest at victors point, afk flew north and somehow managed to tame sambas
    mining in uldum and i came across blue madexx, tamed him ( my new pvp pet)

saw a dead terrorpene the other day cause a flagged goblin killed it, so i killed the goblin
    every day between the start of this story and the end i went after aotona, finally got it herbing for my alts alchemy

/end very long story i stopped doing university work for
    Last edited by Martyn 470; 2011-02-07 at 12:44 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    my irl moggie

Lokque' Nahak - Sholazar Basin: Camped for 8 hours a day for 5 weeks straight. Alliance and other hunters there obviously either looking for the pet or mining cause we all know that was the spot back then. Pain in the ass but finally when i was about to log off after a successful Nax run I decided to go look for the pet and oh hey there it was.

Terrorpene - Mount Hyjal: First Cata rare I found and I was only doing a Mining loop lucky me.

Sambas - Twilight Highlands: Camped for a weekend 18 hour camp(laning with friends)

GhostCrawler - Vashir: Easy to find as most would know

Maddax - Uldum: Still haven't come across but don't really care much for scorpids

Jadefang - Deepholm: Easy to find as most would know

Kamora - Twilight Highlands: camped at the same time I was looking for Sambas didnt find it until after my guilds BoT raid I hearthed back to org and a druid in my guild informed me that I had 2 min to get to where he was otherwise he was gunna kill it. Joking of course

Happy hunting

The Rake and Mazzranache: Because Mulgore is huge and level 16 Hunters don't cover much ground quickly (vanilla).

Dun Morogh Snow Leopard: Because getting to Dun Morogh at level 10 on a pvp server where you're outnumbered 4:1 isn't easy (also vanilla).
    edit: Here's a pro-tip - don't try to go through WPL at level 10; 5 steps in and the entire zone aggros you.

BRS Worg, ZG Bat: Not hard, per se, but very fun challenges at a time when geared Hunter meant that you maybe had 8/8 GS at best.