Randomy disconnecting frequently (help)

Hello, I'm having serious problems randomly disconnecting from the internet, this is extremely annoying when i'm playing css or wow or even my modems lights are green and flash really fast then i dc but they still stay green.. ive had this problem for around sbout 1 month now. My internet provider is tpg, when my older brother called tpg they didnt know what to do.. and they're supposed to be award winning ( the internet is shared between two computers btw ) the friendly indian man named Steve told my brother he was been rude so he hung up.. No serously he's name was Steve the modem is both wireless and wired the modem's model is NETGEAR DGN1000 Router. Please help with me annoying ass dcing please.

Also dont mind my grammar and spelling mistakes i typed this in a hurry

Hey there...apparently alot of other people have been having issues with various ISP's. I have too been having alot of problems for about 3 weeks, horrible latency when raiding and random dc's which is very frustrating. From what people have found out one of the problems is with traceroutes that are currently being sent thorugh the Chicago Data Centers, although I'm not sure which one you are on. You should be able to google Wow data center and it will give you a list of which realms are on which data servers. There are also 3-4 threads on the world of warcraft site that is dealing with this same issue, just look under the technical tab on their forums page. Hope this helps you figure out what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    Hello, I'm having serious problems randomly disconnecting from the internet...(snip)
    Yeah - getting a lot of that myself. Suspect its happening to a lot of people. This is WoW specific of course - not the internet in general. What you can (and actually should) do is to fire off a tracert to the wow server you play on. Unless I am mistaken there is a detailed post from a blue in the tech support forum that explains how you can do this if you are not a technicl type

One additional thing I would definitely do - this worked wonders for me at any rate: fire of a ping to google.com, youtube.com and facebook.com (whatever seems popular to your ISP) and make sure the output is going to a text file. If you notice connection breaks (timeouts) etc you have a strong case to present. Any kind of packet loss is completely unacceptable - it should be exactly 0%. Additionally the response time should never exceed 100ms for any of the pings. Anything higher would indicate piss poor latency.

It also helps when you mail this information in rather than explaining over the phone - the chances of it getting to a techincal guy rather than a call center exec are much higher

the friendly indian man named Steve told my brother he was been rude so he hung up.. No serously he's name was Steve
    Im sure you havent noticed - but you are being quite rude here as well. Which leads me to believe that Steve was right about your brother too.

Just a quick heads up:

1. I know quite a few Steve's - who are as Indian as they can get. Most are quite friendly.
    2. The tone of your message would push any Indian who is at the receiving end to adopt a hostile attitude. Try being a bit more open minded and you will be amazed at how much easier people can be to deal with

Also dont mind my grammar and spelling mistakes i typed this in a hurry
    Not sure if I noticed any - we Indians have trouble with this language