[Music] Albums of 2011

So, I did a short search if a topic on this already existed but couldn't really find anything. If I am in the wrong I apologize and you can lock this thread up.

What I want to know is what tickles you when it comes to news on new albums? Which bands, which artists are you looking forward hearing to again in the coming months?

I'm mostly listening to post-rock, so I'm all giddy about Explosions in the Sky, Mogwai, Thee Silver Mt. Zion, etc. But also can't wait on new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds material. Or PJ Harvey, Iron & Wine, Beastie Boys... lots of stuff to look forward to!

What about you?
    Looking forward to that new Lady Gaga album? Arctic Monkeys perhaps? Kanye West? R.E.M.? Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Bad Panda?
    There's even rumours on a new Radiohead album (although I doubt it myself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of post rock, I'm definitely going to one of the Godspeed You Black Emperor reunion shows over here in Portland.

I'm not really sure what I'm looking forward to. Iron and Wine has a new album coming out, but I'm kind of weary about how much I'll like it based on the single Sam Beam put out. I heard some of the newer tracks on a Daytrotter session and there were a couple that weren't too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Krull View Post
    Speaking of post rock, I'm definitely going to one of the Godspeed You Black Emperor reunion shows over here in Portland.
    Got my ticket for the Vienna show on the 25th this month. Super super hyped.
    Was always my dream to go to a GY!BE concert one day.

I heard Blue Stahli's planning on releasing a new album this year. I sure hope he does more stuff, at least.

Oh, Devin Townsend Project's new albums. It'll be grand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lady GaGa, Born This Way. May 23. I'm more stoked than you could possibly imagine.

Deleted
    Evergrey - Glorius Collision, coming out end of February! Pre-ordered mine the instant I was able too and can't wait to get my grubby lil' mits on it! Every other release can go to hell this year

Protest the Hero's 3rd album will be creamy goodness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron and Wine, Arctic Monkeys (if they bring one... god I hope so.), Gomez, RHCP, Passion Pit, Ratatat.. many more probably.
    I need some new music already haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageissues View Post
    Lady GaGa, Born This Way. May 23. I'm more stoked than you could possibly imagine.
    Have to say I'm excited for that as well. And the new Dream Theater album, to:
    A) See who the new drummer is
    B) See if he can hold a candle to Portnoy
    C) See if Dream Theater will still have a fire left in it after MP's departure

Well I'm a fan of a wide range of music, but mostly metal.

For 2011 I'm waiting for:

1-Tool
    2-Down
    3-Machine Head
    4-Lamb of God
    5-Rage Against The Machine
    6-Cavalera Conspiracy
    7-In Flames
    8-Children of Bodom
    9-Amon Amarth
    10-Arch Enemy
    and if possibly, some fucked up shit happens
    11-System of a Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gricko View Post
    Well I'm a fan of a wide range of music, but mostly metal.

For 2011 I'm waiting for:

1-Tool
    2-Down
    3-Machine Head
    4-Lamb of God
    5-Rage Against The Machine
    6-Cavalera Conspiracy
    7-In Flames
    8-Children of Bodom
    9-Amon Amarth
    10-Arch Enemy
    and if possibly, some fucked up shit happens
    11-System of a Down!!!
    Well, System of a Down IS touring this year... So you never know. Just keep your fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes, and whatever else strange appendages you have crossed and it might happen.
    Also, we can only hope for another mindblowing album from Tool. Maynard is just... And Danney Carey....
    Plus In Flames... <3

This year has a lot of stuff I'm looking forward to!

2011 will bring new:

1. Symphony X (my favorite band)
    2. Amon Amarth
    3. Opeth
    4. Protest the Hero
    5. The Black Dahlia Murder

Also there is a new Children of Bodom CD coming out...but I dig their older sound so I'm not sure...and I'm pretty sure that the new Nightiwsh is gonna suck horribly

Of course, there's always ones that I've missed and plenty of new artists to stumble upon too

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    New anthrax record!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann