Problem after transferring servers - addon profiles missing!

Ok guys, I've just transfered server from one server to blackrock.

I copied the file (gooricy) from the WTF folder to blackrock, after my transfer finalised.

So i log in expecting to see my addons/UI working.....NOPE! the addons are in place, but no profiles attached to them.

I use around 20 addons, so for me to go around manually changing each profile is hard, and some seem to be missing the last profile i used.

Is there any way to have my UI the same as it was before the transfer? I copied and pasted my account folder before the transfer!

Yes, i should use an addon, which saves these things, considering I use so many addons...but that won't help now!

Looking for a casual weekend raiding guild - pref AU times for working people><

Deleted
    It should be possible in the WTF Folder, if you go into it Account > Account Name > Old Realm > Then Take Your old folder, copy it, and paste to: Account > Account Name > New Realm. (Rename it if necessary.)

Also I'm pretty sure it's case sensitive, and any accents etc. Must be put into the folder name.
    Last edited by mmoc294ed7b9d9; 2011-01-15 at 12:13 PM.

Did that didn't work

Updated some thing else...without how my addons were set up

I've transfered before, and i did something and it worked before..... SIGH!

See if you can change the profiles. For me, all addons should be set to default profile, in order to become what they were before... for some reason

yes, i changed profiles for all addons, each has like 20 profiles, now i dont know what i had on my last build either :'(

One fo the problems!

EDIT: For example, I'm using xperl, and i had my buffs on the top off my screen (right side/like defult - took me a long time to figure it out, from the defult xperl buffs under your character).

Now it's gone again, and i forgot what i did to have it like that
    Last edited by Lebronchanez; 2011-01-15 at 12:26 PM.

First step, log out (important, as logging out overwrites the savedvariables from what's stored in the running game, it discards any changes you have made manually while you were logged in)

Then, go to WTF > Account > Account Name > SavedVariables, and check the corresponding files for the addons that don't work: for ACE-based addons, the most common choice for profiles, (one of) the first entries in those files is ["profileKeys"]
    Under that header, you'll see several entries of the format:
    ["Name - Server"] = "Name - Server",
    Note that the first "Name - Server" corresponds to the actual character name and server, the second is merely a name for the profile. (Some addons sort by class instead of character, or just have a "Default" profile until you manually separate, but that doesn't seem to be the cause for your problems)
    Simply change that first "Name - Server" to your new data, and leave the second one untouched.
    There may already be an entry for your new data, remove that line.

If you don't find the profileKeys entry, the addon is not ACE-based, simply search for your name/server and replace every occurrence, though be careful not to destroy profiles for other chars on your old server, but the server should always be used in conjunction with a character name, so it should be obvious.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

they are all .lau and .bak

Deleted
    The .lua files are what you want to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooricy View Post
    they are all .lau and .bak
    I'm sorry, I meant the files called [addonname].lua, and inside those files you will find the ["profileKeys"] table

The .bak files are backup files, but I don't think even WoW uses them, and they're updated irregularily from what I have observed, simply ignore them.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I went to gooricy-> then to saved varriables, and though the addons.

However when opening them up with free text pad they are not showing anything

Nonono:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    WTF > Account > Account Name > SavedVariables
    This SavedVariables folder is among the "Servername" folders, it stores global addons settings. In the case of character profiles, this data is used to be able to copy profiles from other characters, which you slash the addon could not access if it was in Servername > Charactername > SavedVariables, as those are only loaded for that specific character.