Possible Improvement for Soulburn: Seed of Corruption

So, just like the title says, I thought of a way to improve http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86664 to give Affliction Warlocks a little better AoE potential once every 45 seconds. My thought was, instead of the Empowered Seed applying Corruption to all the enemies afflicted, why not have it apply Seed of Corruption instead. And they way they could balance this to make it so it's not just a retarded SoC explosion chain would be to make it so any Seeds applied from the Empowered one wouldn't be empowered, meaning they would tick, explode, and that'd be that. It'd give the same result as tab-spamming Seed of Corruption, only without the actual tab-spamming.

Feel free to let me know what y'all Warlocks think and whether you'd actually like to have this version.
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

i can forsee this going off in a pvp situation. (a funnel area in a bg comes to mind) the emp SoC goes off then quickly the first SoC goes off setting off all others and insta gibbing everyone

So you think that pushing one button to do what, some hundred thousands in a heavy AOE situation in just a second or two, is totally okay?
    Any hardmode with many adds would be borked because guilds would just stack affliction warlocks, so no, that's just plain silly.

Putting Corruption on the targets might do a truckload of damage, but it does it over time. Your suggestion would mean that all the Seeds would explode within 3 seconds, making everything blow up. Imagine having the ability you suggest on a fight like the Lich King HC or any other challenging fight with a myriad of adds to handle. It'd just be insanely overpowered because of the rapid dish-out of damage compared to the current, slower, damage ratio.

And nothing prevents you from spamming SoC on a target that had its SoC blow up anyway, because in AOE situations, SoC's doesn't even last long enough for the second SoC to land.
    Last edited by Yuanrang; 2011-01-16 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Had to edit in the last part.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarpanti View Post
    Feel free to let me know what y'all Warlocks think and whether you'd actually like to have this version.
    No. You'd pull aggro and die on every AoE pack.

Deleted
    I think its fine as it is...the only thing that could be awsome if you didnt have to use soulburn for it, but simply have the talent like it was before...

10+ Year Old Account
    Reduce the cooldown to 15 seconds. That would be an improvement :>

15+ Year Old Account
    lets say SoC explodes for 4k and you aoe 10 targets
    1 soc explodes on 10 targets for 40k damage.
    10 SoC explode on 10 targets each for 4 k per target
    10 * 10 * 4.000 = 400.000 damage in the cast time of 1 Soc. (lets say 1,5 seconds)
    400.000/ 1.5 = 267k dps
    If this get's implemented soulburn should also change to animation of SoC to that of a nuclear strike.

hhm.. my personal record (as demo lock) is 100k dps on a pack of 15 i think.. (BoT orb trash)

sounds a bit OP don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Reduce the cooldown to 15 seconds. That would be an improvement :>
    Yeah, the cooldown makes it hard to use well.

Also, the fact that you can no longer tab-target Seed of Corruption cripples it. Applying Seed of Corruption to the same target over and over again will just make some of them not explode due to the delay/lag/whatever that keeps it from going off for a second or two.

Those are what need to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel View Post
    Yeah, the cooldown makes it hard to use well.

Also, the fact that you can no longer tab-target Seed of Corruption cripples it. Applying Seed of Corruption to the same target over and over again will just make some of them not explode due to the delay/lag/whatever that keeps it from going off for a second or two.

Those are what need to be fixed.
    When Seed'ing Ill toss a Unstable Afflic/Curse of ele on the seed target just to get some damage of my own to trigger the seed. It works well when I do that. Otherwise it does seem to have a lag factor that screws with it.