Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    this night cho gall 50k hp...iceblock on cd, so it wasnt possible to let him tick down

we said: last try now ---> wiped around 500k

some ppl were porting out, and i said: ey bitches, its my birthday, lets do one really last try
    brezzed the rogue in the middle of the fight, then punched him down flawlessly ;D

looking at the damage meter it was the paladin and the shamans fault that he enraged

I was the last dwarf standing on Valithra when we were getting our feet wet in ICC. I came out of the portal just as the last of my raid members bit the big one, Valithra was almost up so I bubbled and spam healed her like my life depended on it. The bubble wore off and the adds started smooshing me, so I attempted to heal myself since Valithra was beaconed. I manage to get off one last heal as my health tanks and am overjoyed to see Valithra at full health, job done... except the adds take a couple of seconds to despawn and turn me into jam. It was 'technically' a wipe, but the boss was down (up!).

edit - ugh, shoulda read the post a little more carefully... no enrage : /

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Throngus

Was doing a daily random with 3 other guildies (Holy priest, Destro Lock, Ele Shammy, and myself (Fury Warrior)) and we got Heroic Grim Batol. We proceeded all the way up to Throngus, and the tank died to the swords phase (dunno how, bad gear I suppose) and me being a fury warrior got aggro. He switched to shield phase and we continued to dps as hard as we could, then he switched to mace phase, and I was kiting him around but got backed into a corner. I decided to use heroic leap to the other side of the room and risk him hitting me through the air, but my epic parry saved myself and the group. Then he switched back to shield at about 5% and he killed everyone because they were too worried about dpsing to move, and we all died simultaneously with Throngus laying on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
    Halfus Wyrmbreaker kills in general, because that enrage timer just isn't that bad
    Halfus with Slate drake up while enraged is the best. He's stomping towards you and about to hit you then all of a sudden he gets stunned. Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our Blood DK has a habit of soloing bosses from 1%, happened on al'akir the other night.

Granted, he wasn't enraged..

My friend and I had just joined a new guild and they were doing Trial of the Grand Crusader 25 man. They brought in my friend and I to tank and heal (respectively) on our druids. We had no wipes all the way up until Anub'Arak, which was amazing because no one in the raid had ever gotten that far on a single attempt. We get to Anub and we're doing great until the insect swarm phase. We got cocky with our dps and didn't have warning to top off healths before the phase so people began dying instantly. By the time he got down to 2% I was the only one alive. My buddy whispered "rezz me, we got this shit." I did, and there were many angry yells over vent. I finally when OOM and died about 10 seconds later. But then my friend BR's me for some reason, I quickly accepted as my friend died. Anub was charging me and I hit him with a moonfire. Then I was deafened by the sounds of 23 other players screaming in joy. We killed him, and got him without wasting a single attempt. The RL at the time still hates us for 2 manning him, lol =D

Deleted
    The one that i remember is our server first Bloodqueen back in icc she enraged just as she linked the 3 people also instantly killing 3/4 of the raid and died 1 second later with just 2 people alive.

25 man Kel'Thuzad. Our guilds first kill, he enraged with one person MC'ed, killed everyone left the MC alive dots kept ticking and after the MC broke the mage was able to get one shot off that killed KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellphantine View Post
    As a Moonkin because Blizzard secretly hates us, but use our good dps as a disguise, I'm always on top of the threat meter just under the tanks of course. The other day, we were doing an Argaloth guild run, first attempt. We three healed it just in case. We had all watched the video and it really is an easy fight (wish there was a Heroic mode), so we only had 5 dps, which in the case of many current group makeups (at least for casuals), that just won't cut it for the enrage timer. So we had him down to about 1.2 million when he enraged, so everyone starts splitting, getting out of range of the meteor slash so at least everyone wouldn't die at once. Knowing I was next after the tanks, I switched to cat form, cowered a couple times, dropped way down the aggro table, switched back to boomkin, dropped insect swarm and spammed sunfire, while keeping at the max 40 yard distance. By the time he gets down to 100k, I'm the last man standing. He turns around and comes at me, I'm spamming and backing away whilst shitting my pants, Stump of Time procs for 1900 Spell Power, he's at 80k, I drop a 15K sunfire, then a miracle happens. Shooting stars procs. BAM! Instant cast starsurge 72K Crit. I was shaking and my heart was racing and vent was just quiet. And I'm like "Is it over?" And everyone was quite happy with me.
    Dude...shooting stars ALWAYS procs right when the boss is running towards you... happened to me 4 times now. Tank dies, dps gets owned, and shooting stars double procs and I burst 100k+ damage and down the boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.