Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mage dps is on a low scale atm yes but with your gear it should be a higher.
    Most important do you have enough mana to spam fireball during molten fury ( boss on less then 35%)?
    Do you get most out of combustion ( ie having all your dots up on the taraget )? Get combustionhelper if you dont have it already ( you can find it on curse).
    Most important know your abc aka always be casting.
    Look at elitist jerks if you are unsure about rotation / prio system. There are also some nice tips for some fights there.
    Without logs not much else to say.
    Ah and btw. pyromaniac bug have been fixed so you should put one more point there.
    And its not your raid comp as you are not missing any major buff, how are the numbers of rest of the raid?
    Last edited by nanessa; 2011-01-17 at 01:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I looked up your guild's WoL, and from what I can see you aren't understanding the rotation/priority of what to do when. From what I've seen with FFB, all it does is cause more Ignite munches. I see that you have the FB glyph so that's a good change. I see that on most fights your Combustion ticked for between 3k and 8k. That would be LB and a small Ignite. For Combustion it's worth it to wait a little bit for a huge FB or Pyro crit (ie over 30k) so that it puts a rather large Ignite up.
    Last edited by -Raer-; 2011-01-17 at 03:53 AM. Reason: I type bad.

Stat/character stuff:

-You have too much haste. Once you hit 12.5% haste (raid buffed) to get extra dot ticks, the value of haste drops dramatically. Given that you have 3/3 Netherwind Presence and you raid with a shadow priest (5% buff), you only need 4.5% from gear, and you currently have 6.65%. Reforging some of that would be beneficial, either straight to crit, or to hit and then regemming/enchanting things like gloves/bracers to other stats.
    -I prefer glyph of LB to pyroblast. The LB dot ticks generally make up around 2.5 to 3 times as much dps on a boss fight compared to pyroblast, so 3% to that is a larger increase than 5% to Pyro's crit chance. Your mileage may vary and this will probably change depending on gear levels.
    -An ilevel 359 weapon is worth getting power torrent on.

During fights: some of this might seem rather basic, but I don't know exactly what you're doing, so please excuse me if I make any assumptions.

-Keep living bomb up full-time, but don't reapply until after it expires. You don't want to clip it be reapplying too early and missing the explosion at the end.
    -For a fire mage, every fight is unique and needs to be learned differently. Your goal is to end a fight with close to 0 mana, but having had enough mana to spam fireball from 35% to dead. Juggling between scorch and fireball is very, very important to maximizing fire dps. You really want to be able to use fireball during either of your trinket procs and when molten fury is available. Getting the feel for the timing of that just takes experience.
    -Try not to move unnecessarily, but when you do move, make sure you're casting as you move. Unnecessary movement is the bane of ranged dps. Use your scorches/living bombs/hot streaks to position yourself so you can stay still as much as possible while fireballing.
    -Save combustion until you get a hot streak from crits, so you get LB+pyroblast dot+a good ignite. Occasionally you'll get unlucky with RNG and sit on it for a long time, but overall it's a good dps increase.
    -Don't forget to use flame orb on cooldown, but remember that you have to be positioned properly to make good use of it. A lot of mages aren't used to having that in their rotation yet.

Hope that helps.
    www.justanotherwowblog.com - A blog about gold making, WoW economics, MMO philosophy, and more!

Thank you everyone for the advice and help. I do appreciate it and I hope I can put everything here into practice before my GM wants to kill me.
    "Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." ~William Faulkner
    "Ever look at the word 'Damage'? - It is clearly right in front of you...DA MAGE!"