Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I think that if a talent like this was added then a whole new class of weapon would have to be added as, as everyone has rightly pointed out, you can't DW bows or x-bows. You simply can't. End of story.

Having said that, they could easily replace the throwing stars / darts that rogues / warriors use and implement pistols instead which, in turn, could be DW'd by hunters.

Also, this wouldn't be in the MM tree because a marksman does not run around with 2 weapons out at once. Kinda defeats the point of being a 'marksman'...

Anyway, DW will never happen. Ever. It is a lame idea and doesn't fit in with the idea of a hunter. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by jho369 View Post
    Giving the option for MM hunter the ability to DW range weapons.

Chimera shot should be the MM abilty, like ES for SV, replaced with Death Machine or One Shot, One Kill!

Death Machine
    - Allowing the hunters to Dual Wield Guns or Crossbows. Auto shot damage increase by 20% and increase focus regen by 40% on each successful hit.

One Shot, One Kill!
    - Allowing the hunter to carefully aim with his gun, bow or crossbow, dealing 20% critical damage more on auto shot. In addition, each critical auto shot has a chance to refresh the CD on Kill Shot, has a internal CD of 12 seconds on target below 20%.

With Death Machine, hunter now has a hardcap of 27% like every other DW class. OH gun or crossbow (cannot be different from MH gun or crossbow), has 50% dmg with 25% miss rate.

However, the dmg can be buffed or nerf later on the result. DPS shouldn't be lesser than it is, just giving hunter player enjoy more playing their class. With these 2 abilities give hunter to be wreckless, with steady dmg or burst dmg on execute phase.

I want to know what the Hunter community think.
    Besides the fact that all bows, crossbows, and guns (Excluding people with the forearm muscles of Andre the Giant) require both hands for proper use, sure.
    Also, I'm sure that every hunter would love to roll on another main weapon on top of their first.

I think the new ability should be laser vision instead of bows
    It makes about as much sense

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see what you would gain from being able to dual-wield ranged weapons. First of all that would mean you need more drops from raids/dungeons, then the DPS would be harder to make good since they would need to add abilities that uses the offhand ranged weapon aswell otherwise the damage on all current abilities would be low.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, you're wrong....what you are suggesting is the reason people call us huntards. This is a 12 year old's fantasy, not a viable gameplay mechanic.
    The same was once said about

PvE to PvP transfers
    Warriors dual wielding 2 handed weapons
    Race changes
    Faction transfers

10+ Year Old Account
    Blasphemy! I don't like the way you think, just reading it made me make chocolate and lemonade in my pants. Hope you're happy with your life.
    Let me love you the way you've always wanted to be loved, with a tub of whipped cream and a jar of mashed potatoes. On your face. All. Night. Long.

No. Dual wielding Ranged weapons is, and always has been, a TERRIBLE idea for WoW.

I like how one is a care package item and the other is a medal from killing someone with one shot with a sniper on call of duty

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    No. Dual wielding Ranged weapons is, and always has been, a TERRIBLE idea for WoW.
    its not such a terribe idea, only problem is that, like warriors get to choose(somewhat) between 2h or 2 1h, we would either need 1h ranged weapons, or some sort of machine gun or maybe a arbalest(or w.e) to mach the 2h version of the normal guns.

i never got why hunters couldnt have a pistol, it could be our ``relic`` in a way, melee classes can simply use throwing weapons or a pistol, but the pistol would be much more effective for the hunter(it would be dual wield or something, other classes would single wield it)

in the current state, it could NOT just be instantly implemented, but it could with a major patch or expantion maybe.

but do realise that blizzard it trying to make it so that white damage doesnt affect our dps as much(no more stutter running) and they proly agree that skills should be what counts as the most fo your damage, esle people could still do mediocre dps while facerolling.

How come i never run out of arrows?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    The same was once said about

PvE to PvP transfers
    Warriors dual wielding 2 handed weapons
    Race changes
    Faction transfers
    You forgot to mention 2h and duel wield tanking like Dks. I actually think the idea of pistols and small hand Xbows isa good idea. You can duel wield Xbows just look at that diablo video, they could implement something like that for hunters. I think they should of done this at the start of wow. But looking at the current timeframe it isn't going to happen. At the moment this is the least of hunters concerns, let alone blizz's concerns. A good and fun idea yea, but likely to ever happen unfortunately not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaaba View Post
    Bullshit its not possible to fire both hands with bows.
    But is is completely possible to conjure spells, right? This is a fantasy game, treat it as such, do not look for things to be realistic.

Stood in the Fire StendhalSyndrom's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Un-United States, In the newest of Yorks, on the Isle of Long, roaming the Eastern Meadows.
    Hows about ditching the melee weapon in general? 2 ranged n mebe a relic? I believe that one could melee someone w/ a gun, bow,or xbow mebe call it pistol wipped I dunno just throwing ideas out. As for the dual wield bow just double the stats on a single bow only allow one but let it shoot two arrows?
    Last edited by StendhalSyndrom; 2011-01-20 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    "Oh yeah?" said Rhonin. "Well, I've got Reginald Whipplebottom the Fourth, here." As he said this, he brandished his right fist. "And I've got Agamemnon W. Jackson, as well," he said, indicating his left fist. "And they brought their buddy, Peter T. Thickness, the Piston of Devastation." As he said this, he did a pelvic thrust, in case it wasn't clear that he was talking about his penis.

How about just having a weapon called "Pair of small crossbows/pistol" or something more RP (Vicious Gladiators Dual Repeaters) and then just make so that anyone who has that weapon, their wield and combat animation show them dual wielding two small crossbows or guns

Same damage, same stats, same hit %, etc.. as a similar iLvL bow, crossbow, or gun.

Just looks like you are dual wielding crossbows.

It would be cool and Blizzard would not have to do anything to the game mechanics except add some new animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixup View Post
    Yea, where is your source about duel wielding range weapons a terrible idea? You know what's terrible??? A melee weapon for a hunter that does no good what soever in your DPS. Ontop of that, letting them have the ability to use EVERY melee weapon for over 6 years. Raptor strike? What a joke...Wingclip, i'm sure you need a melee to do clip someone. And the reason why this is such a good idea? None whatsoever because Hunter is the last class blizzard developed to fill in the blank.

I know my tribute to change something more fun should recieve such hatred and trolls with no point in future.

I think they should just let people get pistols for the ranged slot that show up as dual wielding pistols, but still only take 1 ranged slot, so that it avoids the stat stacking problems and just becomes a cosmetic feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    No, you're wrong....what you are suggesting is the reason people call us huntards. This is a 12 year old's fantasy, not a viable gameplay mechanic.
    The only huntard is you for not learning how to use 2 guns as a hunter for 6 years.

Deleted
    i want the new hero class that might get added to use bows :P

also blizzard wont add it because then it would be a copy of the class in D3 they wont do that :P