Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fair points although you could argue you're beter off being faster and running in spirit wolf while tracked however when not tracked i suppose it's usefull to throw on a few bolts or heals on the move, my comment was aimed at using swg as an opener ability just to clarify that
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Keep LL on cooldown no matter what. Dont worry about stacks. You shoud always use this FIRST when in range.
    UE - FS - LL - SS - ES

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I don't see why anyone would want to use SWG, while you can just pop to wolf form drop a FS tick and be quicker in melee range doing more damage.
    You're probably right, but the first few melee hits may be directly facing the boss subjecting them to dodges/parries whatever else. Of course this is situational and dependent on the boss fight.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redandco View Post
    I think this is the best way to go. Apparently, according to Elitist Jerks, UE+FS and LL have a higher priority than lightning bolts.

Although I have work to do myself because on openers I have the horrible habit of casting Stormstrike first in melee range. I hate how that has stuck with me over the years...

nazrakin beat my to it!
    I have the same problem.. Keep opening with Stormstrike as well, might have to rearrange the hotkeys then it should be ok :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    I recommend you to try reverberation. With it, you never have any downtime. (I never had 3sec Downtime since I got UE)

And the FS glyph is not worth it, since it just extends the duration, but you use FS every time you got the UF buff. So the glyph won't do anything.
    Why would you always use flame shock when you have the flametounge buff? It still doesn't do more damage than earth shock(+ 25% chance of crit thanks to storm strike)

so why?

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    Why would you always use flame shock when you have the flametounge buff? It still doesn't do more damage than earth shock(+ 25% chance of crit thanks to storm strike)

so why?

first: you should use the stormstrike glyph -> 35% crit

second: I was wondering this myself, when I typed my first post, but I still played this way. Now I did some napkin math at a dummy.

these are some rough numbers that came up.
    Flameshock: With my current haste (9%), I have 7 Flameshock ticks, in an intervall of 2,75 seconds (resulting in a 19,25 FS duration.)

One tick dealt 1200 Damage, the Initial cast dealt 2900 Damage. Including my spell-crit-chance of 11% (yes, it sucks)
    I come up with this formula:
    2900*(1+1,5*0,11)+ 7 *(1200*(1+1,5*0,11)) = 13164 Average Damage (without Flametongue Buff)

Earthshock: Deals 5100 Damage (remind: unbuffed on a target dummy), but has increased Crit-chance with SS
    5100 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,46) = 8619 Average Damage

So, you see, Flameshock deals more damage over the whole period WITHOUT the flametongue buff.

So if we include the UFire buff: 13164 *1,3 = 17113 Damage. Double the average damage of earthshock.

Even if I clip my FS after 4 Ticks, it still deals more damage then ES
    (2900 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,11) + 4 * (1200 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,11))) * 1,3 = 11661

Oh my god I hope I didn't do anything completely wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    first: you should use the stormstrike glyph -> 35% crit

second: I was wondering this myself, when I typed my first post, but I still played this way. Now I did some napkin math at a dummy.

these are some rough numbers that came up.
    Flameshock: With my current haste (9%), I have 7 Flameshock ticks, in an intervall of 2,75 seconds (resulting in a 19,25 FS duration.)

One tick dealt 1200 Damage, the Initial cast dealt 2900 Damage. Including my spell-crit-chance of 11% (yes, it sucks)
    I come up with this formula:
    2900*(1+1,5*0,11)+ 7 *(1200*(1+1,5*0,11)) = 13164 Average Damage (without Flametongue Buff)

Earthshock: Deals 5100 Damage (remind: unbuffed on a target dummy), but has increased Crit-chance with SS
    5100 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,46) = 8619 Average Damage

So, you see, Flameshock deals more damage over the whole period WITHOUT the flametongue buff.

So if we include the UFire buff: 13164 *1,3 = 17113 Damage. Double the average damage of earthshock.

Even if I clip my FS after 4 Ticks, it still deals more damage then ES
    (2900 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,11) + 4 * (1200 * (1 + 1,5 * 0,11))) * 1,3 = 11661

Oh my god I hope I didn't do anything completely wrong.
    Okay thanks for replying

1. I do use the glyph stormstrike, jsut forgot to include it

I'm not a good mathematician, but I does seem like you have made some mistakes.

Okay I JUST checked and figured that flame shock DOT DOES benefit from UE buff which I did not know.

I just can't see why you are comparing flameshocks dot dmg with the earth shock.

Since my point was that it would be way better to get UE and then use flameshock and then only use earth shock only untill the dot needs to be refreshed

I simply can't see why you would do deal more dmg by clipping the flame shock dot and deal LESS dmg with flame shock than earth shock since the dot is still just ticking anyway? Your dot is still the same dmg, however the only advantage was that you refreshed the dot(which isnt needed at since the duration is 10 sec at this point) but you still dealt around 3600 dmg ish where you could have deal 8600?

I'm bad at explaining, but I hope you understand though. Let me put it like this.

You do UE and put up flameshock -> BAM (assuming that you use shocks when ever they are off CD)
    I'll start the timer when flame shock hits:
    This is with glyph of flameshock
    0 sec flameshock is put up with ue
    5 sec earth shock 8600
    10 sec earth shock 8600
    15 sec earth shock 8600
    20 sec earth shock 8600
    25 sec EU flameshock 3770
    +flameshock + dot=17k

Overall: 56,770k

With your rotation:
    still with the glyph
    0 sec flameshock is put up ue 3480 dmg
    5 sec earth shock 8600
    10 sec earth shock 8600
    15 sec flame shock with eu 3480
    20 sec earth shock 8600
    25 sec earth shock 8600
    + an uptime of flame shock hot which is (1200*(1+1,5*0,11)) = 1398*1,3= 1817per tick every 2,75 sec in 25 sec which is 9 tick. 1817*9=16353

Overall: 57 713

I don't think this can really be used as provement, also because it doesn't compare with a rotation wihtout the glyphs lol.
    But anyway my point is that is seems like you are calculation the flame shocks dmg + its dot at ONE dmg it deals when it hits which isnt true, it doesnt . It doesn't deal 11661 dmg when clipping it since the dot would still be on the target if you used earth shock, thats the whole point. I agree to that you shouldn't let flame shock go off though

Do you see my point?