Deleted

Newly dinged warlock

Hi, I dinged lvl 85 on my warlock an hour ago or so and I'm planning to PvP. I think I'm pretty sure on what I need to do as affli, but I'm kinda lost when it comes to Destro. What do I specc? What Pet do I use?
    Also, any tips and tricks in general would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Demon and Destro guide up.

Affliction is picky and i dislike it more then i dislike gnomes.

Affliction is by far the best spec once your geared, until then I'd go demonology. Destruction just sucks since there's no dispel protection and you're easily interrupted.

First thing I'd do is cap conquest points. I played with a frost mage for a while in 2s as demo and it was face roll city. Hand of Gul'dan + time warp + felstorm = gg vs under geared teams which you will be facing at first. After we started facing better geared teams I went Affliction and it was sad how easy most teams were.

Deleted
    Thanks for the tips so far! I might wanna add that I'm mostly gonna be playing 2s atm with a rogue. What does this change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflmaoaos View Post
    Thanks for the tips so far! I might wanna add that I'm mostly gonna be playing 2s atm with a rogue. What does this change?
    i'd personally go with affliction. So much fun
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I fought several affli locks on my other chars and the damage seems to be rather low? Would it really be the best choice for double dps 2s?

Affliction glyphed for soul swap puts out an insane amount of pressure, also, healers teams will hate your felhunter w/ auto devour.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fought several affli locks on my other chars and the damage seems to be rather low? Would it really be the best choice for double dps 2s?
    I believe so. Dispel protection is huge, and destro/demo lack in the department. Any skilled healer will be cleansing that immolate immediately, you're lucky to get the conflag off let alone get added benefit to your incinerates without that immo. You'd be hitting like a newborn infant. Yeah the burst is nice when going against other 2DPS comps, but its situational and affliction can be great for either. Plus, you lose CoEx which is great for getting around melee.

As affliction in 2's you get rolling dots on both targets, if your rogue partner has glyph of blind it removes all dots on the target so you can keep dots on both until you blind (just remember Fear and Blind share DR so it's not good to Blind someone you've been fearing a bunch). You can put pressure on both targets with protected DoTs with UA, and if they dispel, they eat a 5 second (soon to be 4) silence + immediate damage, + time for you to redot, or simply soul swap again.

Deleted
    I see. Suppose I'll stick to affli then! I guess I can get a PvE off-specc going then :P
    Not really familiar with all the spells yet so "CoEx"?
    Thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. Suppose I'll stick to affli then! I guess I can get a PvE off-specc going then :P
    Not really familiar with all the spells yet so "CoEx"?
    Thanks again!
    Curse of Exhaustion.

Deleted
    Oh, right. Ofc. :>

Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    Affliction glyphed for soul swap puts out an insane amount of pressure, also, healers teams will hate your felhunter w/ auto devour.
    go with this proving very useful even for a belowavarage pvper like me ^^