10+ Year Old Account

Some assistance with Lightwell.

Hey guys, I constantly run with a holy priest guildy who is very 'Passionate' about the use of Lightwell. I understand it's now a core mechanic of the Holy priest build and while I'm always trying to use it during fights I'm struggling to find it and always seem to be out of range on the high movement bosses. I am an enhance shaman so that knocks out the 'stand next to it' solution as well.

Basically I just wanted to find what other Melee/tank players have found easiest for using the Lightwell. At the moment I have the macro /tar Lightwell and then I have the interact function keybound (something I discovered when cata was first released.) This seems to make things easier but most of the time I'm out of range and given the size and shape of most bosses I tend to not be able to see the lightwell unless I actively run around hunting for it.

Apologies if this is TL;DR but I'm just curious as to other peoples methods for this problem. Is there actually a macro that would let you use a lightwell without switching off the boss or something?

Deleted
    Like your Priest I also try very, very hard to get players to use it, but it's his job to help you just like it's your job to help him when you can.
    I expect ranged to clicked it during casts but I have played melee and I know how difficult it can be to see things, especially something as small as a Lightwell which is easily lost behind bosses or adds sometimes even for ranged players.
    Hopefully if you try and explain to him that so often it's just not practical for melee to click it hopefully he will understand. You have to watch out for your own health alot more than WotLK but at the end of the day he is the healer and it's his job to heal.

Also, there is no macro for clicking it, unfortunately.

In raid, I found it better for rangers than melee, since melees tend to clump together with boss making clicking lightwell quite hard (most of the time clicked on the giant hitbox/model of gigantic giant/dragon bosses rather than the tiny shiny lightwell on the ground). Thus my lightwell is placed away from boss, easily in the reach of spreading out rangers.

If you can reach it somewhat conveniently, do click it. If not, try to click on it when you happen to run past/near it. Its an extremely handy tool to help lessen healer's burden in heavy aoe phase or where you dont feel receiving any heal soon, more like an emergency bandage paired with your self healing/survival abilities. A strong HoT is still a HoT, it never will be a life saver. More often, its rangers that require priest AoE heals, your pallies can handle melee AoE heal quite well.

Using "interact" keybind is new to me. Im gonna try a macro and tell my raider to use it :P
    Last edited by kronpas; 2011-01-17 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong he isn't being a jerk about it or anything, I'm just asking because I get a warm fuzzy feeling when i can top myself off during a heroic fight and save him some effort. As for Kronpas - the keybind thing works wonders when I go resto for a raid situation. I don't have to worry about targeting the boss again so I can just hit the macro and then (In my case i keybinded it to the T key) hit that for a quick 15k HoT.