Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    your own fault m8, its most probably not even a illegal program, just set auction addon to only look for profit over 200G and keep cliking search

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahijnu View Post
    While you can't buy your own items as people have said, it is plain stupid to put something as valuable up for 1g. It's just asking for them to get snatched instantly.

What I would have done is:

- Give friend 20k (or more if you have) along with the boots.
    - Put up something really worthless on neutral AH with your horde for the same amount, 20k.
    - Make friend buy the crap.
    - Put up boots on neutral AH for the same amount, 20k.
    - Buy boots with your horde char with those 20k he earned from selling the worthless piece of crap.
    - Get 20k back from your friend.

At least if someone buys it you get the worth (and lots more) of it back. Important thing is you put it up for more than what it's really worth.

that makes you loose 6k gold and defeats all the purpose of Neutral AH trading :P... but what do we know... were the ones stupid for posting stuff with 1 gold :P

anyway... my advice is pick better times to do that, with less players online...

Deleted
    IMO u have rat either on your side or horde side

Deleted
    In Soviet Russia the AH plays you

I've had this happen to me a while back as well... cost me three "...of waves" cards... X-factiontrading can be a lucrative business BUT you have to identify the risks of operations.

1) If you transfer an item for a lackluster amount because you want to escape "the cut", be prepared to loose it to some lucky bastard sometimes.
    Speed is your friend here

2) If you transfer because of a large price difference between factions, be prepared to enter a cutting war which could end up in you trying to sell below cost price (the original price you paid on the other faction). Tip: don't sell; monitor the ah and wait till prices go up.
    Patience is your friend here

I for myself see these risks as very acceptable and have to tell myself to just let it go if someone "sniped" my goods.

See it as a business, shit happens; sink the costs, make new investments and forget about it.
    Read the signature rules

Well everyone is saying it defeats the purpose of the neutral AH to put it up for a high price, but that is only if both items are available on both factions, Steamwheedle-EU has about 3,5 alliance to 1 horde, meaning there are allot more World BoE's on the ally AH then on ours, I use the High Buy out allot, Yes I will loose the 6k. But at least i have the item, Where as on Horde the item never get's on the AH. What am I to do with 100k gold anyway if there is nothing to spend it on?

Your own stupidity, your own fault. GM's aren't gonna do anything.

People use a feature on auctioneer, you need to be with you're pc at all time to even have a shot at sniping anything, and by blizzard rules its allowed.

Wouldn't it be better to just post the item for real price then grey item bid the money back? I mean, you lose some cash for sure but imho better than risk losing it all... unless you enjoy lotteries:P

15+ Year Old Account
    this is humorous to me