Thread: Pet Skins

Pet Skins

this is not a thread about dps, or any other actual valid topic. It is literally just a topic about giving players more variety. My main is a warlock so of course i always think of locks first. I would love to see minor glyphs that allow us to choose between pet skins. Hunters get to choose their pets and a lot of times colors of that pet. however, warlocks get same looking pet no change or anything. i have played around with computer graphics for a semester in school. its not the most simple thing to do BUT, the blizzard employees that work on graphics do it for a living and it is second nature to them

I would think giving players a way to choose gear color, and spell color is literally as easy as clicking a different color on the wheel or actually type in the code for the color. warlocks are supposed to be evil and dark and from early wow they had that look, now they just look like mages. changing graphics would be nice. reskining between pets would be a little more involved but still easy even if its just a different color like the drakes we all fly around on.

Also, I think it woud be neat if leather workers, or idk maybe blacksmiths could make upgrades to pets. for example a leatherworker could make a collar that increases its controller and its agility by XXX amount. or an axe upgrade for the felgaurd. maybe not so much for locks but i think the hunter pet collar would work well.

I partially agree with more choices but my main concern is the lack of Fel Guard in demo or Felhunter in affliction.I think there is so much to fix about pets before it comes to visual improvements.But i'd love to see that in future

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree too. I'm new to the whole Warlock thing, but some variety would be nice. Then again, I imaigne we are summoning something against it's will out of the nether (or where ever the demons are from). We aren't going out into the wild and selecting an indivual beast to tame.

Along these lines is there a place that has all the different demon skins (of the demon kinds we do control) so I can lust over a different colored fel hunter or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Sounds good

Dont forget Dk ghoul! ;P
    \

i think it would really interesting if there was a single tree spec for minions, just something really simple, even less then hunters pets. just for a little more customization, even non-combat kinda stuff. i liked this thread, i would like to see something, a little more variety.

i wish they would change our minions a little :/ even if it was like between specs that they were differnent colors or something

I'm really hoping that whenever they decide to redo the old race models that they will also make massive visual updates to the Warlock pets and Druid boomkin and travel forms. That would be better than a variety of pets to choose from in my opinion. Those skins are OOOOOOLD.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

So I might be mistaken here but I thought troll warlocks' imps were supposed to look different. In one of totalhalibut's videos during the beta, they showed a troll's imp wearing a tiki mask. what happened with that?

bring in the minor Glyph of Incubi naow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Xexec View Post
    i think it would really interesting if there was a single tree spec for minions, just something really simple, even less then hunters pets. just for a little more customization, even non-combat kinda stuff. i liked this thread, i would like to see something, a little more variety.
    well first of all warlock pets are not actually pets, they are demons forced to obey us.so we shouldnt be able to train them like hunters.giving them specs or talent trees makes the whole master thing a litte irrevelant.i'd prefer a new pet for warlocks its been like forever and i want to see them changed.after all warlocks are have also improved and should be able to bound more powerful demons to themselves.