Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The top 7 reasons you can't get a tank

From a tank's point of view - the top 7 reasons DPSers have to wait 40 mins in que

7 - Guild's need tanks. So tanks, tank fo their guildies
    6 - Blaming tanks for every death. Trust me this drives tanks nuts
    5 - Breaking of CC
    4 - Tanks being unable to learn the new content without someone complaing all the time
    3 - Being kicked for 1 bad trash pool. Yep this will keep tanks rolling (or re-rolling)
    2 - The unappreciation of tanks. To be a really good tank takes time, study and alot of repair bills
    1 - Take your mind back to a few weeks before Cataclysm's realease...the amount of "we hate tank's" and tanks are obsolete threads were amazing. Funny how you need u s now.

Seriously, treat your tanks with respect when you do get one. Remind them of why they enjoy tanking so much. They don't need to be the "leader" og your group but believe it or not they are trying to keep you alive.

EDIT: to stop confision this is for the DPSers 40 min LFD que
    Answer to PM: Constant nerf's wasn't added as this happens to every class.
    Last edited by dezzagod; 2011-01-17 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I should stop griefing tanks with life-grip? :O

Oh ya. I remember #1. Got in to quite a few heated debates with arrogant dps on these very forums about it >

I completely agree. More respect and appreciation to tanks would go a long way. It's hard to stick to the role when people bitch incessantly at your mistakes, and after a level of professionalism is achieved, you get absolutely no recognition for it. DPS usually are fairly ignorant of how much more strategic and stressful tanking can be.

Deleted
    Im a tank myself and i wouldnt for 1 second go alone to a pug heroic. Its just retarded to take the chance of getting 4 lobotomized random "people" in your group when its so easy to get a guildrun going. This have been said SOOOO many times before.

GET A GUILD OR STOP QQ.....

(i know this isnt a QQ thread but i guess the QQ:ers will check in here)

User was infracted for this post. You always run the risk of getting four lobotomized people that love to stand in fire, whether they are of any nationality has nothing to do with anything and is unnecessary. - Herecius

Edit: Changed. I just wanna be friends!
    Last edited by mmoc147778e43d; 2011-01-17 at 12:11 PM.

I think the same things apply for Healers, tanks aren't alone here :?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiglits View Post
    I think the same things apply for Healers, tanks aren't alone here :?
    agree'd,. but as i have never healed I didn't feel I was the right person to say so

Dps that pull as I'm marking kill order and CC.
    Dps that CC a different mob than the one marked for them or no mob at all.
    Dps that don't know/don't care that "skull" is the first mob to be killed followed by "X". (I have a macro that I spam two or three times at the beginning of every random spelling out kill order and CC symbols)
    Dps that tell me to gogogo as the healer replenishes their mana.

These are just some of the reasons I often prefer to queue as Dps and farm mats while waiting than tanking a random.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the good ole, "if your not already geared so this run will be easy the gtfo". Because tank gear drops from the sky on some servers
    /rolleyes

Deleted
    Well my alt is 81 blood. So far tanked 4x BRC and 3x TOT in pure WotLK gear (omg where are the tank drops?). All the reasons above renders false so far. Tanking is /faceroll actually, way much easier than DPS (hunter).

Quote Originally Posted by Bruzziz View Post
    Im a tank myself and i wouldnt for 1 second go alone to a pug heroic. Its just retarded to take the chance of getting 4 lobotomized random russians in your group when its so easy to get a guildrun going. This have been said SOOOO many times before.

GET A GUILD OR STOP QQ.....

(i know this isnt a QQ thread but i guess the QQ:ers will check in here)
    I only tank when guild members require 1, got no need for justice points now

Deleted
    i wonder more why the people who play a class who CAN tank, doesnt do it for the heroics instead of whinng about there being no tanks.

especially death knights. they use nearly the same playstyle anyway regardless of specs.

its really silly.
    lucky i got 3 tanking friends who's all online all the time

Quote Originally Posted by teiksma View Post
    Well my alt is 81 blood. So far tanked 4x BRC and 3x TOT in pure WotLK gear (omg where are the tank drops?). All the reasons above renders false so far. Tanking is /faceroll actually, way much easier than DPS (hunter).
    Agreed, I used my sanctified set 'til 83 I believe, and my 277 heroic staff aswell. I got a trinket or two whilst doing dungeons, other than that I tanked my way through cata in questgreens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Applepie
    your retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayWoWpoorly View Post
    Dps that pull as I'm marking kill order and CC.
    Dps that CC a different mob than the one marked for them or no mob at all.
    Dps that don't know/don't care that "skull" is the first mob to be killed followed by "X". (I have a macro that I spam two or three times at the beginning of every random spelling out kill order and CC symbols)
    Dps that tell me to gogogo as the healer replenishes their mana.

These are just some of the reasons I often prefer to queue as Dps and farm mats while waiting than tanking a random.
    These dps you let die or bring a hunter friend who will misdirect mobs onto them and hope they get bored dying and leave so you can get a real dps in your group.

general rule you pull it you tank it unless your doing an agreed cc pull

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, #3 applies to me so much.

Usually when I queue for the first dungeon of the day, especially in the morning, I'm sooo bad. The first trash pulls are horrible (sometimes even wipes!) but after about 10 minutes... guess who's the best tank in the world =D

I do get kicked sometimes, and I don't blame them at all, as I have the same dilemma - kick someone at the first sign they are bad or let them prove themselves over a longer period of time? RDF tells me to kick them immediately, but my "niceness" tells me to wait until one or two bosses are down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree on every point. However.
    I actually rerolled from DPS to tank since I couldn't stand the queue time, and that I know that I'm not horrible at it.
    But I refuse to tank with randoms. I must have atleast a healer and a DPS, or else I can't stand it.
    The average random person I've met using random LFD has been an idiot not knowing anything.
    I very rarely get even a devent group when I'm not going with guildies. I just stop doing it.

I am a very patient person. I do understand that some people are new to the instance, or are a slow learner.
    But when they break CC for the 5th time, and dying from geysire in Throne of the Tides for the 6th time I just leave.
    I see no progress, and I don't wnat to get higher repair bills because of morons.
    And the best of all, 2 of the DPSers there actually blamed me for not kiting the boss properly so they could see it.

They were both ranged.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzagod View Post
    From a tank's point of view - the top 7 reasons DPSers have to wait 40 mins in que

7 - Guild's need tanks. So tanks, tank fo their guildies
    6 - Blaming tanks for every death. Trust me this drives tanks nuts
    5 - Breaking of CC
    4 - Tanks being unable to learn the new content without someone complaing all the time
    3 - Being kicked for 1 bad trash pool. Yep this will keep tanks rolling (or re-rolling)
    2 - The unappreciation of tanks. To be a really good tank takes time, study and alot of repair bills
    1 - Take your mind back to a few weeks before Cataclysm's realease...the amount of "we hate tank's" and tanks are obsolete threads were amazing. Funny how you need u s now.

Seriously, treat your tanks with respect when you do get one. Remind them of why they enjoy tanking so much. They don't need to be the "leader" og your group but believe it or not they are trying to keep you alive.
    2: I had to laugh there. A lot of time, study and a lot of repair bills. Come on, you're not harder to play that any other class at their best, get over yourself. For your information, I have been tanking all the way through Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
    1: Considering this post is screaming of bad personal experiences and "I-WANT-RESPECT-K?!"-point, I think it's rather ironic how you say "Funny how you need u s now.". This isn't a one-sided issue. Tanks, healers, DPS. Majority doesn't give a shit - that's the issue, so stop this blame game. It's just stupid.

Fulcan

DPS should stop thinking tanks are the leaders, I can't be bothered to explain every difficult trash pull, every boss fight to the people there, I only tank once a day, because there is no worthwhile reward for doing more than 1 after you've been 85 for a week.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Thryri View Post
    Agreed, I used my sanctified set 'til 83 I believe, and my 277 heroic staff aswell. I got a trinket or two whilst doing dungeons, other than that I tanked my way through cata in questgreens.

When did anyone mention leveling? It seems to have been implied that ppl are referring to Heroics, hell most of the pre-85 dungeons can just be aoe'd down like normal. But lvl 83 dungeons aren't what's in question here, its pre-raid content.

....or maybe I'm reading to much into it and people only lvl to 85 and stay in their "questgreens".
    ShamLcawk(shaman/main)
    ShamLrock(warrior/main)
    ShamLshapes(druid)
    Shampoke(rogue)
    Shamatholic(priest)

Deleted
    I quote my brother who is tank (i'm healer)

when they mown, complian, and are stil whining about my tanking, i fucking leave and let them wait for the 40 minute queue again.. i get another group whenever i like...

that should teach them