Razer Switchblade? Yay or nay?

Here's a vid released by razer a few days ago showing off their new mobile laptop
    Anyone think it's gonna be decent ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0AnlfBu4&feature=player_embedded
    Also, lol @ razer CEO.

Deleted
    Its Awesome.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Complete FAIL imo.

A stand-alone keyboard would be much better, who the hell wants a shitty 7" computer for gaming?!?!?!

I love the concept of it, truly innovative.

However, can't really judge until some specs are revealed. As for now, it is just a concept idea.

My expectations are pretty high though.

One of the major issues of gaming on a small factor has still not been addressed.
    The keyboard itself.
    No graphics under the buttons will make them anymore usable than a standard laptop keyboard is now.
    That offers no improvement.

Hardly an "original" concept either, when displays in the keys have been done before.

from what ive seen its too small.
    I dont think it has enough keys to actually fit all my keybinds.

i game on a 11" alienware M11X and that screen is too small (or atleast on the limit of what you can game with).

More importantly, that screen looks good as it shows no add on's that you need to use as part of raiding. It would be great for grinding professions, or leveling but its really too small.

Phil

Deleted
    Too bad it's only an idea at the moment, they don't plan on officially producing it as of yet, however they said if it gets enough coverage they'd think about mass-producing it.

It would be a good idea if you're on the move and have a suitable wireless to leech off, however I wouldn't use it as a main source of playing.

I don't even know why you would ever want to look at your keys... you should never be doing that while gaming so that one "original" concept is actually pretty useless for real gamers. Laptop for baddies maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11 View Post

something i read from some CES compilation was that it has a range of models and some of em have better screens.. dunno though if i remember wrong...

Deleted
    Quite a nice idea, but i doubt it is going to work like you'd want it to.
    Just watched a Hands-on with the prototype, it's kinda laggy and you have to support the screen if you touch it, or it'll flip over.
    The touchscreen also doesn't seem to be all that sensative...

This device is obviously not intended for serious raiding or anything like that.

I can see it being quite useful for people who are on the move a lot due to work etc. You don't need a bigger screen or a mouse for doing your dailies, professions, AH, guild chat, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    One of the major issues of gaming on a small factor has still not been addressed.
    The keyboard itself.

well there is allways the razer hydra which they announced to be working with valve games and launches with portal 2^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tech11 View Post
    this

It appears to not have ctrl/alt or something similar at all, meaning all the buttons there are on the keyboard is all you get to use at any one time. And even if there was, why would I want to play a game of this size on a 7" screen with micro laptop processing power?