mage leveling help.

im taking over my lady's mage to level it cuz im bored. shes frost lvl 71. what the heck do i do? rotations etc and is frost even good for leveling? all answers are appreciated thanks
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life. My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Deeveeus,
    Yes, Frost can be a good spec for levling.
    I suggest you go check the "Frost Mage Discussion [Cataclysm] " on the Elitist Jerks website
    and "[Mage] The Ultimate Guide to Frost " here on mmo-champ Mage forum
    (sorry can't link)
    Last edited by Rasal; 2011-01-17 at 01:47 PM.

Frost is an incredible leveling spec if you play it correctly. It offers a lot of control plus lots survival abilities. Add in the water elemental and you can easily take on multiple mobs and elites with no problem. It also has an on-demand nuke that can either freeze an elite in its tracks or hit it with a glacier. If you play on a PvP server then you will find that most gankers tend to avoid you unless they are somewhat skilled at dealing with frost mages. Well played frost mages are somewhat of a nightmare in pvp at the moment. But it is still dependent on the skill of the player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasal View Post
    Hi Deeveeus,
    Yes, Frost can be a good spec for levling.
    I suggest you go check the "Frost Mage Discussion [Cataclysm] " on the Elitist Jerks website
    and "[Mage] The Ultimate Guide to Frost " here on mmo-champ Mage forum
    (sorry can't link)
    Those guides are for endgame frost and not leveling. Just pet freeze and spam ice lance. And be at maximum range.

Deleted
    frost is the best spec to lvl

yea spent some time playing it. all i have to do is frost bolt then ice lance spam easy as pie. wonder why blizz did this. was there a world wide shortage of mages or sumthin? anyway thanks for the help peeps!
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life. My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

frost is best spec for leveling because of soloing capabilities. if an elite can be frozen you stun him if cannot you hit him with DF for some very nice damage