Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    except from the buff increase from feasts there is not much benefitting fishing. Gold is a really nice one but i dont think it comes close to herbalism.

You get an achievement for doing so - definitely worth it! =D

Nah but really, having skills maxed is useful.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    He's not asking why he should fish/cook, but if there is a single reason to lvl it from 475+

For fishing you will lvl it up either if you want it or not since you get 1 lvl for every "some amount of fishes caught" -10 i think plus moust of the proper food requires fishes.
    As in for cooking same deal you'll lvl anyway just by making you're own food.
    And you also get lvls just by doing cooking/fishing dailys.

Deleted
    People forgot to mention that it gives about 20+ achievement points!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I would argue with this point. Some people, myself included had the "Your fish got away." even in Durotar / Stormwind lakes.

Cataclysm fish are quite a moneymaker if you don't like playing on the AH a lot or farming anything else.
    You forget the important part : You can only fish anywhere you want, if fishing in a fishing node.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekovivie View Post
    Nah but really, having skills maxed is useful.
    Very insightful. Not.

He asked WHY it is useful. So no, your post isnt helping.

On topic : I dont know why I should bother leveling fishing. It will certainly take care of iteself over time though.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

I didn't really think there was any point in leveling fishing/cooking to 525 but I decided to go ahead an level those profession anyways on my down-time. I am glad I did because I am able make my own well-feds and help out with guild-perks. Plus, the Severed Sagefish Sagefish Head go for about 350g a stack on my server, so I am making some bank as well.

Fishing and cooking are both pretty easy to level casually in Cataclysm if you were already maxed from wotlk. My gripe is there seems to be no cool/fun/useful random rewards in the fishing bag when you do your fishing dailies, like there was in wotlk.

Fishing gives me something to do while camping rare spawns personally. And it makes me money too. For example, fishing from pools of fire while camping terrorpene, making good money with that

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Deleted
    Is there any reason to play wow?
    Just fish/cook if you like doing it and dont if you dont

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisholina View Post
    I would argue with this point. Some people, myself included had the "Your fish got away." even in Durotar / Stormwind lakes.
    So you went back in time o.o?

The communication and comprehension abilities of the majority of the people who post on these forums is complete rubbish. The responses of all but about two people in this thread have had nothing at all to do with the question the OP asked.

He asked if there's any reason to max out the skills. Not if there's any reason to fish or cook in the first place. Seriously people. Read more than half the title before you post.

To answer the question, there's no real reason to push to max these two skills. Once you get to the high 400s, I would suggest you stop any concerted effort to level and just let the skill ups come from the natural fishing and cooking that you do and from the fishing and cooking dailies. You'll max out within a couple weeks just doing things you'd do anyhow.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.