Deleted

FFB and Fireball

So I've been thinking and looking it up on the inturwebz but I wasn't able to figure it out to a point where I was confindent I made the right choice.
    Anyho, I was wonderin the following:

I'm a fire mage, so let's say I glyph FFB (instead of GoP) and fireball.
    Now for a single target fight I'd start of with a scorch, followed by LB. After that I get the FFB stack up before I start doing scorch weaving combined with fireballs.

Now the question is; Would this actually be a dps loss or not? since I loose the 5% crit from GoP but I do get the FFB dot wich stacks with combustion aswell.
    And since our, well atleast my crit rating isn't all ''that'' yet, this could actually work. Haven't had a chance to try it outmyself just yet tho since I just thought of it.

Neither EJ nor mmo (Atleast I couldn't find any posts about it) gave me a satisfying answer so I tought I'd try and ask my fellow (fire) mages =]

Phinea

Unless you have a lot of mastery then I strongly doubt this approach is going to perform better than straight Fireball with Pyroblast glyphed.

Deleted
    well perhaps, but last time I checked my recount, my Pyroblast damage wasn't near the top 5 of my damage

Deleted
    get more crit = more pyroblast = more pyroblast damage

and stick with fireball, frostfire bolt is shit atm

Deleted
    YOu know it's fairly hard to actually just ''get'' more crit?, I'm allready on 45% ish raid buffed.
    and why is frostfire bolt shit ?^^, it's just 5% crit less but the same damage as fireball + a dot

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phinea View Post
    YOu know it's fairly hard to actually just ''get'' more crit?, I'm allready on 45% ish raid buffed.
    and why is frostfire bolt shit ?^^, it's just 5% crit less but the same damage as fireball + a dot
    I would love to see your armory.

The difference between the two is minimal at best so it is soley player choice as to which they use FB of FFB.
    Last edited by Kaitlynne; 2011-01-17 at 04:28 PM.

As Kaitlynne said, going FB or FFB, you should produce about the same damage.

I'd have to sit down and play with sims/math for awhile to say with certainty, but it seems like FFB may overtake FB if your gear luck happens to yield a lot of mastery. Whether that's a direction worth taking is hard to say, but it's a thought.

All in all, it basically boils down to which animation you like most, though FB is likely to be very slightly more damage.

BUT, if you want to go FFB, just glyph it instead of FB (rather than instead of pyro) and don't weave.

Deleted
    To sakuretsu:
    Yea I ment on fireball only ofcourse not all them spells

To rabbimojo:
    I know FB alone does about 1% more dps then FFB with the current available crit/mastery etc.
    But my question was using both of them, both glyphed, instead of Glyph of Pyroblast. Since atleast for me, Pyro doesn't seem to be all that much of my total damage.

Armory:
    I'm not allowed to post the link yet, but the names Phinea on Auchidoun EU

10+ Year Old Account
    its a dps loss, considering FFB does the same dmg as FB, except your switching the 5% crit for the DoT. Use one or the other, not both. FFB and FB are very close in terms of DPS at the moment, just go with the one you like looking at, or if you want to min/max FB is slightly ahead dps wise because of the additional crit.

ffb puts dot on target that can crit therefore ur ignit egonna be fucked more coz of ignite munching. (40k crit munched by 400 crit of ur ffb dot, no no, ty)

Yes definatly stay with GoP and choose FFB or FB. Now between the two I found that FFB is better with my stats and get a higher dps turnout than using FB. Every mage plays his toon diferent, has different stats and have tweaked their gear to their liking with Reforging and enchants. There is a reason why Blizz is only giving FB the 25% mana deduction and not FFB imo. With the extra 12% (mastery) comming FFB would take over FB in dps for some if left alone but with the mana decrease we now have to choose once again what would be best for YOU.

With the -25% mana on FB it seems like an obvious choice but I am definatly going to try out and compair it against FFB +12% per mastery to see which gets the best results.

--Keep in mind some trinkets and gear have extra stackable SP increase on all your DoTs. shows gear for one mage might benifit from FFB than FB

Note- to those that swear by FB over FFB you may be right but for your toons gear n stats. But I would take the time to actually glyph, try the two out (not just throwing glyph on for 1 boss fight) and record ur dps output a few times then match them up.
    Last edited by Seeinred; 2011-01-17 at 06:31 PM.