Thread: Pre-raid Ilvl

Pre-raid Ilvl

I'm wondering what the average Ilvl to start raiding is? Also, how terrible is PvP gear for raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    the epic pvp gear can be good, but not usually. Average ilevel should be 346-ish.

dont you dare to use pvp stuff for raiding!!
    no seriously - it's crap; pvp items provide Int (good) spirit (good) and somtimes crit, but they lack haste, which is an important stat.
    my druid has 1 pvp item and thats wrist because i found nothing else -.-" perhaps 1 or 2 epics but with more your haste dropps even more.

Don't use PvP items to inflate your gear lvl. Knowing how to play your class and having an appropriate ilvl are not the same.

You can enter a raid with 351 ilvl, but if you're a DPS and producing 6000 DPS then you are dragging your raid down. Instead of trying to circumvent the ilvl reqs do what you can to improve yourself in a raid.

i also have 1 pvp item in my gear but for every peice you have you need to think of ur item item level as a level or two lower than what it shows. My guild asks for 340 before you start signing for raids.

When we first started out, I think my personal average ilevel was about 350ish, (boe chest, alchemy trinket etc) as a tank.

Deleted
    I started in 340ish, but you can easily get ~350 by either spending a bit of cash or getting all the rep epics.

Like I've had to say in a few other threads, for some classes the PvP gear is BiS until you're decked in valor gear (which you should be getting from raid) or gear gained from raiding.

This is going to change in the coming patch, however.

I'm not trying to inflate my Ilvl with PvP pieces. I already have the pieces and am just wondering how effective they are in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything over 345 should be good to go. The epic quality PvP weapons are decent, stay away from the PvP armor pieces.

350 is easily attanible by doing just heroic and aquiring rep reward epics. You can even splurge a bit and buy some BoE epics as gold pratically falls off trees now a days.

As a DPS you can get 4p PvP set, even the ilvl352 is ok. That will give you slightly higher damage than having 346 pieces, because the 4p bonus is high enough to balance the lack of a stat (due to resilience taking a spot). This will work until patch 4.0.6 as they're going to nerf it.

Regarding the ilvl to start raiding... i think i was somewhere around 340/342. I'm talking about equipped ilvl, as i had a higher general ilvl due to offspec reputation epics.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Ilevel 346 and Hitcapped if you're DPS.

If you and every other raider fulfills this requirement and has half a brain, you can do pretty well.
    ProTip: If someone offers you anything, look at their nipples. -Garots

Quote Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post

If you and every other raider fulfills this requirement and has half a brain, you can do pretty well.
    If he's feral he has to avoid hitcap if possible.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffleman View Post

Depends. If we're talking pure dps, hit is worse than str/agi/int for all specs by a big amount, and worse than some ratings in a few cases.

I think you should ignore ilvl, you should be able to put out a minimum 10k sustained DPS to a single target. Minimum.
    You should aim for gear and skill that pushes out 12k+ sustained DPS to a single target to help your raid out.

Try getting your 'raiding feet' wet by doing Baradin Hold. Nice and easy fight that can easily be pugged.