Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Narolex View Post
    Maul and Pulverize never hit hard in the first place, and Lacerate even worse, why bother nerfing them? :\ Not to mention Swipe and Thrash doesn't always cut it. Keeps giving me problems at Maloriak when the healers out-threat me.
    Been having the same problem, especially the later adds which take low damage due to having alot of stacks going up, if any of the adds make it to consecration it is gg if I have taunt on CD :P. one Parry, Miss or Dodge from the mobs and you are deliciously 'effed
    / ztanz
    <Nice picture with my armory for Elskling on Ragnaros>

I leveled bear on my druid from 30-76, then tried kitty til 80, and then gave bear a brief stint again. I just couldn't get back into it, while it was not exactly terrible, compared to my warrior it just did not seem as smooth or as fun as my warrior tank is. I feel like I have all the tools I need as a warrior, but for some reason I felt druid tanking was lacking to some degree. Aoe tanking was definitely one of the weaknesses. Granted, I have to say Warrior tanks are probably in the best spot right now.. They are strong as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekk View Post
    There is only 1 problem with bear tanking atm imo. The only problem is pulling caster mobs. Every other tank has some ablility that allows them to pull a caster mob without LoS(heroic throw, avengers shield, death grip/strangulate).
    Agree on that, caster mob pulling is only prob when you cant LOS them. AOE isnt great, but sufficient at lvl 85.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Mark 1 mob skull and ask them to kill skull first.

Pre cast thorns, get rage from enrage, FF pull, swipe all the mobs as they get to you, mangle/maul skull, tab, swipe and mangle/maul on cd.

Berserk tab spam for a ton of threat if needed.

Only CC you should use is roots to pull with at lower levels.
    Berserk , 3minute cooldown are you suggesting we wait for 3 minutes before each pull ?
    Thorns 20 sec duration which is actually 10 since we need to wait 10sec for enrage to fall off due to the damage increase
    Swipe at lower levels is pointless imo , healers can get aggro in the 6 sec it takes to reset.
    Using cc at lower levels where every other tank doesn't have too ?
    Bears threat is appallingly low , it just reminds me of trying to tank prenerf shattered halls HC as a bear.
    Even at 85 it's still terrible and especially getting noticible now that people (read other tanks and healers) are getting geared and the need for CC for them is gone.
    I've given up trying to tank dungeons on my bears (one at 85 , one at 75atm) because it just plainly sucks, our rage generation is really low , to the point where we realisticly can't affort to use our maul a lot of times because it will simply leave use rage starved, and quite frankly we all know all the other tanks can do a way better job at it.
    Single target we are still ok (and we still just have to wait and see how the comming nerfs work out) so I still tank in raids (though i still need to remind the dps i need more time as ie our warior or DK on ie the halfus whelps before they start aoe) but that doesn't take away the fact we need a massive threat boost on aoe , we need it at 85 but we need it especially for the lower level druids and imo we can also use a small buff on our rage generation, ie increase the amount of rage gained after a dodge.
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2011-01-20 at 12:50 PM.

I aint tanked in weeks, i only did normals from 80 - 85 so dunno if my points are valid, but... what i noticed more then anything is how LOW my rage generation was.... id be getting hit by 40000 mobs and get 1 rage point >.> was like... Wth?!? dunno if its changed now. But my AOE tanking was ok in normals, probs as people didnt do alot of DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by igtenos View Post
    Not only is our AOE bad, but pulling can be messy.... I would kill to have avenger's shield sometimes. Words cannot describe my hatred of those Milhouse Manastorm pulls in Stonecore. I wonder why Ozruk gets all the hate in that dungeon?
    you have faerie fire, charge and skull bash + swipe/maul hitting 2 targets for as much or more than any other tank's single target ability can hit for

it's a learn to play issue on your part or a WAIT A GODDAMN GCD on the part of the dps

---------- Post added 2011-01-20 at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoxSSDK View Post
    I aint tanked in weeks, i only did normals from 80 - 85 so dunno if my points are valid, but... what i noticed more then anything is how LOW my rage generation was.... id be getting hit by 40000 mobs and get 1 rage point >.> was like... Wth?!? dunno if its changed now. But my AOE tanking was ok in normals, probs as people didnt do alot of DPS.
    its' your lack of hit and avoidance probably, stats PLUMMETED from 80-85, when i dinged 85 on my warrior i had lost all my crit, haste and avoidance

I'm levelling a Druid now, at lvl 64 at moment of writing. I play moonkin most of the times both questing both in dungeon. I went Bear tanking very few times and i always felt a "differently able tank class". My bar is empty. All Abilities have cds, hit for crappy amount, and sometimes when not on cd i have no rage for fire them. I have some nice defesive cd, a 10 sec cd interrupt wich is nice and 0 reactive cds :/

Bear was the only tank i was missing. Pala is plain easy, war is definitely fun, DK is ok...Bear is plain terrible. Swipe at 36... before your best ability is TAB. Then you get swipe and ...lol.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Source)
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    you have faerie fire, charge and skull bash + swipe/maul hitting 2 targets for as much or more than any other tank's single target ability can hit for

it's a learn to play issue on your part or a WAIT A GODDAMN GCD on the part of the dps[COLOR="red"]
    Sounds easy to charge and skull bash when you say it... problem is after that, you need to swipe/tharsh to keep melee adds on you and then you gonna break some CC for sure - then real hell begins ..mage: who broke my sheep, hunter: wtf, my iceblok broken, who did it"

Deleted
    First I would like to say...
    The time of swipespam is over! Thank god for that! Now it requires "skill" to be able to tank more targets.
    I enjoy tanking now but sometimes even now I find it to easy so the nerf in damage is welcome to me, that only means that I have more to fight for since I outdps heroics mostly, with berserk popped you can go up to 40k dps.... I find that really overpowered. If you guys even tried to play warriors in the old times you should know that "tab" was your best friend together with sunder armor. In our case that would be lacerate.

The damage is insane at the moment for tanks overall and tanks should not get past designated dps.

And the AoE aggro thing...
    Do trash (Wait 3 seconds! YES 3!!), use swipe and wait 3 more sec and you have a trash. so every 3 sec you have 1 AoE ability to use in within these 3 seconds use Maul, mangle, pulverise or any abilites you might seem fit and you should do fine tanking multiple targets.