Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The only problem with him(as melee, at least) is not dodging the tornado, and after you're being knocked off the platform, he finishes you with a Lightning Blast.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Resistance totems work great here. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by jaelrin View Post
    The only problem with him(as melee, at least) is not dodging the tornado, and after you're being knocked off the platform, he finishes you with a Lightning Blast.
    I hate that ability. say i hit a lag spike, get tornado'd off, he goes and one shots me before i have a chance to run back up and continue the fight.

Stupidest thing ever.

I wasn't running away, Honest I wasn't.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

well I tanked this the other night and had a heck of a time. First everyone knows everything...must have been 4 ghostcrawlers in my group LOL
    But I did exactly what you are saying and I could not get him to move, or even turn to me at times. I think it was his breath and he would turn to use it and then just random turning after that. yep I had threat off the chart so that wasn't it. did I taunt hell no never thought of it. MY BAD and thanks for the tip
    But his actions are very strange and unpredictable. Like someone said a HUGE hit box, I was standing 20 yds from him and hitting and I think that is why I was having control problems, I was INSIDE his zone and not in front of him.
    Does the mount ever drop lol

Foolish tanks is the only reason why you can die/wipe on this boss.

Here is the ultimate tactic if you want a record kill:

Tank has to drag the boss with the wind, as the buff is given according to Altairus location.

It is much easier for DPS & Healers to align themselves to gain the buff if the tank helps and moves the dragon with the wind untill he reaches 1-2 feet away from the platform end.

I can't be arsed making paint pictures, just have your tank move Altairus with the wind as far as he can without danger of being knocked out of the platform.

So many brainless tanks who don't know how to play tbh........

Quote Originally Posted by LosConturas View Post
    Foolish tanks is the only reason why you can die/wipe on this boss.

Here is the ultimate tactic if you want a record kill:

Tank has to drag the boss with the wind, as the buff is given according to Altairus location.

It is much easier for DPS & Healers to align themselves to gain the buff if the tank helps and moves the dragon with the wind untill he reaches 1-2 feet away from the platform end.

I can't be arsed making paint pictures, just have your tank move Altairus with the wind as far as he can without danger of being knocked out of the platform.

So many brainless tanks who don't know how to play tbh........
    Which works until you realize he's casting spells a lot, and his hitbox is rather large, so moving him is usually more a pain in the ass than it's worth.

If the rest of the group stands closer to him, they don't have to move nearly as much.

I'd love to see Blizzard mock players by changing the animations of this fight, throwing in a sound file with a Dance Dance Revolution type voice or something of the sort. It's amazing how so many players don't manage to grasp the concept even after I kindly take my time to explain it before Altarius is engaged.

Luckily the fight is an outright joke and can be two-manned with ease.