10+ Year Old Account

Power Auras for Fire Mage [Cataclysm]

Hi, I wanted to create a good thread with the code for this Auras Set, a link to download the addon, see the video and somme picts.
    But I cant link anything (even the code) at the moment so I invite you to go search for "Power Auras for Fire Mage" by Rasaltube on YouTube.
    You will find everything you need to know about this Auras Set on the description below the video.

I wanted an aura that will indicates me when to use combustion correctly ; when Ignite, Living Bomb and Pyroblast DoTs are on my target.
    I benefitted from it to make others indicating to me that : Living Bomb is not applied on target - Hot Streak is up (with timer) - Impact is up (with timer) - Flame Orb is up

If any administrators can grant me the acces to link stuff on this thread it will be great and I will edit it so the community can find every thing they need right here.
    Thanks

I don't particularly like them myself, but here's a link to the video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSvJQW0HpxI

Why wouldn't you use combustion helper? what do you miss in that addon?
    it shows which DoT's are up, in shows an impact timer when it's up and you know for yourself when you see 3/4 green bars you should cast combustion

fire suck!

sorry for trolling need to burn down my anger about frost pve nerf somewhere

Looks nice, thank you i will try it out

Combustion Helper is all that you would need considering that it even shows you how big of a DoT you're going to roll into the combustion.
    Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.

hmm
    is it only me having trouble with combustion helper?
    for example, last raid combustion helper shows ticks (im just picking numbers now ..)
    lb 4k
    ignite 4k
    pyro dot 1k

would make about 9k for combustion dot - NICE. i use combustion .. combustion ticks for ... 3k.
    sadface :<

is this only problem of mine or .. dunno, latency maybe?
    anything i am missing here?

thanks in advance
    Rada

Quote Originally Posted by Radagur View Post
    hmm
    is it only me having trouble with combustion helper?
    for example, last raid combustion helper shows ticks (im just picking numbers now ..)
    lb 4k
    ignite 4k
    pyro dot 1k

would make about 9k for combustion dot - NICE. i use combustion .. combustion ticks for ... 3k.
    sadface :<

is this only problem of mine or .. dunno, latency maybe?
    anything i am missing here?

thanks in advance
    Rada
    That's not how Combustion works. It's not taking the damge per tick to base how much it will hit for.

To give you a simple example how it works, let's assume that you have only a fresh ignite on your target and hit combustion. That ignite ticks for 5k each. Because ignite has a duration of 4 seconds this makes it do total damage of 10k over 4 seconds. That is 2.5k dps. This is the number you are looking for. Your Combustion will do 2.5k dps. As it is hitting every second for 10 seconds you get a total damage of 25k.
    Last edited by Chemosh; 2011-01-19 at 01:04 PM.

okay
    thanks for clearing things up

Link access comes with a bigger post count.

I could see this thread turning into one where everyone shares their powerauras.

But the youtube video you were referring to, is here:

Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME