Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Vanilla server petition, sign up here!

I was just reading a post about if it was even possible that blizzard ever will make a vanilla or TBC server. Most responses were that the chance were close to nothing or even smaller, and that blizzard never will do one.

Well i am a person that really really would like a server like that, and even more a TBC server later. When i googled for it i found this site and i really think it could get more petitions if we could give it a little commercial.

http://www.petitiononline.com/WoWVanil/petition.html

please dont post any useless posts like "it will never happen!! ARGH!!" etc.. if you dont care for it just leave this thread alone please i beg you

just see this as commercial hate me for it but i got were i wanted --> more petitions
    Last edited by mmoc74ea02f72a; 2011-01-18 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. You have Rose-colored Nostalgia glasses on, my friend.

Deleted
    i would really LOVE if they opend a Vanilla server that after like 2 years upgraded to TBC and so on so new players could acctuly try out the awesome old stuff! tho if it was stuck on vanilla for ages ppl would get bored but they SHOULD open new servers that start with Vanilla and upgrades afre a sertain time (one to two years) to next expac ! i think it would be a huge succses

You just need a new game.

Deleted
    read please, IF YOU DONT CARE FOR IT DONT POST, PLEASE

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, this thread again.

Blizzard will never introduce any 'expansion' servers. They've said it multiple times. If you really want to go back to a version of the game that was a horrible horrible grind for everything, then do a google search for private servers and get on one of those, even thought its against the EULA. Why would Blizzard force themselves to split their development team just to work out bugs and exploits for 4 different versions of the same game.

Don't care about your disclaimer, so "it will never happen!! ARGH!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea has been tossed around for ages. Would be nice for nostalgia sake but would grow stale and boring. Overall, not something that Blizzard would, or even should, put any amount of effort into.
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

As fun as they sound (and would be), it will never happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamstar View Post
    Oh my god, this thread again.

Blizzard will never introduce any 'expansion' servers. They've said it multiple times. If you really want to go back to a version of the game that was a horrible horrible grind for everything, then do a google search for private servers and get on one of those, even thought its against the EULA. Why would Blizzard force themselves to split their development team just to work out bugs and exploits for 4 different versions of the same game.

Don't care about your disclaimer, so "it will never happen!! ARGH!!"
    look here, i know the chance is minimal, i know you hate me for having nostalgia, i know blizzard has said they wont do this several times. and still you cannot leave this thread alone, but just HAVE to destroy our hope? world peace is pretty far away but do you forbid us to dream about it? please sir, i beg you please! let us dream!

Deleted
    Thb it wouldnet be much hazzle for Blizzard to make this happend just SCREW the bugs that was on vanilla and open the patch just before TBC came out. also after awhile OFC ppl would get bored of it so then after a sertain time upgrade it ti TBC and so on ! i WOULD work just with the patches they allready made !

Deleted
    Been there, done that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am Hamstar, Lord of the Gerbils and the Hope Slayer. Just doing my job.

But honestly, anyone that really played Vanilla, and actually remembers it, wouldn't be so adamant for a vanilla server. TBC I could understand, it was the best expansion so far, not that cata is bad, wrath turned WoW into a pinata swing fest. Vanilla was painful, you have to admit that 4 months, unless you got lucky enough to pick up one of the late 50-60 epics, like Glowing Brightwood Staff, was painful just to get 100% mount.

For nostalgia sake, I would like a classic AV, even if it was just 1 weekend a month and completely outside the random rotation. I wants my shredder back.

Blizzard has stated several times they'll never do this.

Oh, and stop telling people who disagree with you to not post, because them posting is only proving how many people really don't give a crap about this.

10+ Year Old Account

But honestly, anyone that really played Vanilla, and actually remembers it, wouldn't be so adamant for a vanilla server. TBC I could understand, it was the best expansion so far, not that cata is bad, wrath turned WoW into a pinata swing fest. Vanilla was painful, you have to admit that 4 months, unless you got lucky enough to pick up one of the late 50-60 epics, like Glowing Brightwood Staff, was painful just to get 100% mount.

For nostalgia sake, I would like a classic AV, even if it was just 1 weekend a month and completely outside the random rotation. I wants my shredder back.
    I just wish the pre-events for launches happened more. Cat's pre-launch wasn't memorable. I miss my zombie invasion, or Orgrimmar getting stomped before BC
    Quote Originally Posted by mahpewpew View Post
    I refuse to give away my freedoms to be safe from decisions I make that affect myself.
    Good communities sometimes trump questionable staff.

I am aware sometimes I dont include apostrophes. My work keyboard is missing the button. Let it go.

Deleted

(my first big guild i joined was actually called "Power of the hamster")

well as you i loved TBC, and did not raid end content in vanilla. But still, if they just could throw up a server about how it was with a certain patch, (maybe fix some SMALL BUGS) then release patches one by one with new content (and then maybe reset it after a year?)
    If they did this with vanilla, then TBC would not be far away. and im most certain that it wont be as fun as one might think, but still it would be fun!

I know you said not to post if we are not in favor of or say that it would never happen, but it really never, ever will happen.

I could see a chance of it happening pre-Cataclysm, but Cataclysm changed nearly all of classic Azeroth.

The old Azeroth may exist in some old code copies in their source repository, but whereas pre-Cata all they'd have to do is set the max level to 60 and disable TBC and WotLK content, now they'd have to keep two separate active forks of the Kalimdor and EK content and dungeons. That would be a maintenance and support nightmare.

WoW is almost an entirely new game now with respect to vanilla content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sicness View Post
    Blizzard has stated several times they'll never do this.

Oh, and stop telling people who disagree with you to not post, because them posting is only proving how many people really don't give a crap about this.
    i just dont want people like you (yes i went there) to post things we already know. i did not want to start a discussion, all i wanted was to get some names on that website

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    This a million times.

Deleted
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    ^
    This.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by is4kss0n View Post
    look here, i know the chance is minimal, i know you hate me for having nostalgia, i know blizzard has said they wont do this several times. and still you cannot leave this thread alone, but just HAVE to destroy our hope? world peace is pretty far away but do you forbid us to dream about it? please sir, i beg you please! let us dream!
    Threads are for discussions. They aren't here for you and your buddies to high five each other and praise your ideas. The people who have differing opinions are more important to have around in any proposal than people all completely agreeing and patting each other on the back.

With all that being said, a Vanilla server would be a bad idea. It would basically cater to a very small pool of players and would offer no content updates. Overall, there isn't any real use or reason for Blizzard to offer a service like this.