Thread: BM idea

BM idea

So simply put, whenever I was leveling a hunter (I've stopped many times, and started over), I kept getting frustrated by my inability to tame the exotic pets when I came across them. Why couldn't I level with Kurken? He's badass, and if I could tame him while leveling, I would never switch him. Alas, I have to wait til Northrend to be able to talent and tame the guy. Nerdrage.

The whole point of a beast master is that he is able to do what other hunters can't. With the new mastery concept, we are given our iconic ability once we pick the tree, so why are we forced to wait to train?

IDEA: Make Beast Mastery the mastery ability, shuffle Intimidation somewhere into the tree. Ok well, what about a final talent? Well, if a beast master was first introduced in WC3:FT, where his ultimate ability, Stampede had him summon multiple beasts to attack. Make a wow variation of this. Imagine Army of the Dead, but it summons all the animals you currently have with you, but not out to attack for a short duration, uncontrollable of course.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    The control of exotic pets requires an experienced and skilled hunter. As you journey through warcraft brings you too level 69, you have enough knowledge to control 'exotic' creatures. That's the top tier talent for a beast master.

BM doesn't need more cooldowns.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bamfrosty View Post
    BM doesn't need more cooldowns.

Yeah, because the three spec-unique CDs the tree has is so much more than the (technically) two Marksmanship has and the (technically) two that Survival has, right? Especially considering Fervor and Bestial Wrath are "long" CDs compared to the 15-sec CD of Focus Fire, so BM has one actual CD, in essence.

The OP's idea is perfectly fine IMO. Something should have been and should BE done to BM. Intimidation is a TERRIBLE skill as-is, and even worse that it's completely useless for PvE and it is the tree's "flagship" ability. If anything, Beast Within should replace Intimidation, or be added with it as the Tree's "flagship" ability.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/