Deleted

Shadow - Question about stats / trinket

Hello =)
    My question is: Currently I am with 17% hit, and to get that number i reforged some mastery / crit to hit and spirit, and I have one intellect trinket (285 intellect) but now I have the chance to buy the tol barad trinket that gives 321 hit rating.
    I know that our stat's are pretty much Int > Haste > Crit / Mastery (I still aim for hitcap before all that), so I should stay with my intellect trinket right? And win intellect over crit / mastery, am i right?

Thank you =)

Deleted
    Hit cap isn't as vital in cataclysm. Int however is extremely vital. Regardless, I would prefer spirit over hit in any situation, getting a trinket with hit just doesn't sound all that good. Seems like a better idea to get some spirit gear with crit, haste or mastery on and get a proper +int trink.

stump of time is a good hit trinket and the mandala of stiring patterns from hellscreams reach is 321 spirit and will be changed to proc int instead of mastery so that one will be good... i use stump of time and dark moon card volcano
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Deleted
    Now ii'm confused. Anyone has another opinion? xD

Out of curiosity, does the int trinket you currently have comes with a haste proc?

Deleted
    Yes Zsun, it gives me hast on proc.

then don't replace it with stump of time. What is your other trinket?

Deleted
    I wont replace my other trinet, it's an epic intellect trinket so...
    Ok I wont buy stump of time, thanks =)

Quote Originally Posted by tobberoth View Post
    Hit cap isn't as vital in cataclysm. Int however is extremely vital. Regardless, I would prefer spirit over hit in any situation, getting a trinket with hit just doesn't sound all that good. Seems like a better idea to get some spirit gear with crit, haste or mastery on and get a proper +int trink.
    After doing quite a bit of research I've come to the conclusion that highest iLvl > Int > Hit > Crit > Mastery. A lot of stat weight info you will read is based on BiS 372 iLvl gear which is probably a set you won't attain. When you look at 359 gear that is attainable you will notice that crit and hit are very close together, basically identical. The positive with priortising hit is you will simplfy your spell selection (less having to react quickly and appropriately to misses) and you increase your DPM which is rather useful at this early stage.

In addition with increases to MB damage I expect that the hit priority will increase because Hit is a far more effecient stat to increase nuke dps than anything else. The reasons hit is somewhat devalued atm has a lot to do with the amount of DoT sources of damage and that ratio is going to change towards nukes slightly.

To answer you question about stump of time, i'd certainly get it but reforge it to haste, its a great source of hit, has a nice proc and will give you solid haste as well.
    Last edited by Worshaka; 2011-01-19 at 12:20 PM. Reason: additional info

Deleted
    Why reforge the hit rating to haste? Even you said that Int > Haste, the proc on my trinket is haste it can't be better so... what you're saying makes no sense I guess xD Can you explain yourself please?

Thanks ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Suneca View Post
    Why reforge the hit rating to haste? Even you said that Int > Haste, the proc on my trinket is haste it can't be better so... what you're saying makes no sense I guess xD Can you explain yourself please?

Thanks ^^
    I forgot to add in the haste to my stat priority...

highest iLvl > Int > Haste > Hit > Crit > Mastery...

Basically try to hit cap without sacraficing any iLvl, Int or Haste, therefore reforge any hit to haste if possible.

---------- Post added 2011-01-19 at 11:41 PM ----------

I just did a 10man BH, now I don't know how my gear stacks up with others or how good this really is in the grand scheme of things but recount had me at 19K dps using this stat strategy. I'm sure there is a lot better out there but if you can do 19K on that type of encounter you're contributing quite well.

Deleted
    I am changing my mastery and crit to spirit / hit, then why should I reforge hit to haste? Even if I put the hit trinket wouldn't be a good idea i think, since Hit > Crit > Haste.
    Last edited by mmoc321e15a9d0; 2011-01-19 at 02:47 PM.

Im saying that hit is not > haste... and if you look at the simulation data that is posted on various forums you will see that hit is roughly 20 to 30% behind that of haste.

What I was saying though is a lot of the stat weights that are cited are using a gear profile of BiS 372 iLvl and I think that's misleading because it's at a level of stats that the average person won't get to. Instead I've based my gearing strategy around full 359 iLvl gear, and this is where you see Int way ahead (like usual) then haste, then crit & hit being almost identical.

If you think hit is > haste then you wouldn't reforge but my point is that isn't the case... you should aim to stack as much int & haste as possible and then worry about the hit cap.

Deleted
    Sorry I didnt mean "Hit > Crit > Haste", what i wanted to say was Hit > Crit > Mastery.
    I will stick up with my trinkets, thank you all for the help =)

With my powers of deduction we know you have an int trinket that has a haste proc.... Witching Hourglass? If so, don't touch it. Only thing that's better are DMC: Volcano (absolute BiS) ilvl 372 trinkets, Theralion's Mirror and Heart of Ignaceous.

My preferences lean towards proc trinkets over on use, so I wouldn't even pick up the Heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kortirion View Post
    With my powers of deduction we know you have an int trinket that has a haste proc.... Witching Hourglass? If so, don't touch it. Only thing that's better are DMC: Volcano (absolute BiS) ilvl 372 trinkets, Theralion's Mirror and Heart of Ignaceous.

My preferences lean towards proc trinkets over on use, so I wouldn't even pick up the Heart.
    The problem with that is that the BiS list keeps the PP value of hit seperate, so any trinket with natural hit on it is never going to compete with non cappable stats. You need to work out how effeciently the trinket is providing hit, not to mention that the PP values used to deduce the 'best' items per slot assume 372 iLvl gear... thus those stat weights are probably not applicable to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka View Post
    thus those stat weights are probably not applicable to you.

Pretty sure Int > haste > rest will pretty much stay the same from 333's to 372's. Hell, it'll prolly be that way come next tier heroics too... barring any drastic changes in upcoming patch notes.

Even if we did need the hit cap (which we don't), Witching Hourglass would still beat Stump of Time. Volcano beats them both. 1600 int proc? With the change to it proccing off dots, I don't need to simcraft stat weights to realize that's BiS. At any gear level.