Thread: Magmaw Help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Our guild does everyone but 1 person stack on the boss, usually a hunter stays out, lays traps as far back as the healers can reach, and then all the ranged (3 on 10man, and about 10 on 25man give or take a few) turn around and kill the parasites, use everything you got, shadowfury, traps, frost novas, etc etc, to slow and stun them while the hunter(s) kite them, and pew pew (single target if necessary, whatever gets the job done). When he does mangle he doesnt always spawn another pillar, so while people are getting the head down the ranged have time to finish it off before his double damage phase. Has worked pretty well for us, hope it helps

Edit: Tank tends to stand on the left, healers and everyone else on the right edge, and we 2 tank incase the tank dies during mangle
    Gotta get more of that hastery! And where's my morelock! - Some drunk guy

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like mentioned before, use your frost DK to kite the parasites, no need to kill them, they will die after a while from the DK's damage alone. Our hunter supports me a little bit when the head is not down and misdirects deserting parasites back to me.
    As a side note, I am in frost spec while kiting, but with tank eq and blood presence (being tank as ms). Helps a little bit as parasites and the ranged attacks from magmaw will hit you.

Quote Originally Posted by lkonig View Post
    I have received many replies to this and some say don't kite worms and others say kite with someone. Is it to kite if DPS is low?

Here is what our raid is compiled of last night.
    Pally Tank
    Ret Pally
    DK
    Enhancement Shaman
    Shaman Helaer
    Druid Healer
    Holy Priest
    Mage
    Boomkin
    Shadow Priest

So really this fight is stumping us? I know a Hunter is really good here but our Core Hunter is MIA from the game and we don't have another.
    You have to try different strategies and adapt it to your raid. you got several choices:

1- slow and nuke: We usually slow the adds with a hunter or an shaman and have all the ranged nuking them... This is a lot easier if you have 4 ranged DPS...
    2- kite 1 frost DK kiting them is easy for a good dk and fits ANY raid... but you need a good frost DK
    3- Tank on the adds and ranged nuking is better for low dps groups, but you will need a lot of extra healing on this

I'm a DK tank and usually go unholy for the fight... with diseases on adds plus dnd is a lot of dps... Spreading the diseases is not easy, but you can do it without getting parasites...

This is a fun boss where you can use different tactics... in your case i advice you a frost dk kiting since you got a few mellee... Still with a boomkin, should be ok to get the adds down before they get into the raid, since he can pull them way back again...
    Hope your mage is fire... plus shadow priest aoe is kinda bad atm... Anyway you need a slow... who is slowing in your raid? DK or shaman? only those too seem ok for me...
    Last edited by elderamy; 2011-01-24 at 03:44 PM.