Deleted

Worth saving JC-tokens for epic patterns?

So, I assume when the new epic gems will arrive, we will be able to buy them with JC-tokens, just like in Wrath, is it a good thing saving up the tokens for them? Or will they be obtainable by other means?

No one knows the answer to that question. Is it worth the risk to get the jump on the market? Maybe... the better idea would be to make sure you have all the high selling pats that are available NOW.. then put some tokens away for that epic gems patch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm sure we still have plenty of time before it will hit, so I'm going to keep buying recipes for now as they become profitable. Once I have enough though I probably wont spend any tokens on dragon's eyes for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    ... the better idea would be to make sure you have all the high selling pats that are available NOW.. then put some tokens away for that epic gems patch.
    I have found that to not work for me. It is typical for the best selling gems (int, str, agi, haste, stam, etc.) to be in the AH for less than the raw gem. For me, the not-so-popular gems have been the gold makers.

The way I am personally going to go about this is Im going to save 1 in every 2 daily jc tokens, using the rest to buy recipies that are available now

Deleted
    i buy 1 pattern (3) and save the 4th token, mean i can save a few till epic gems are anounced in ptr notes, or have enough to get chimera eye's with. I'm also saveing yrite ore, 50% get saved in bank, other 50% gets prospected as i think pyrite will be the new titanium ore.

Personally I spend all of my tokens on Chimera Eyes to sell for 300g. It might not be very 'long term' but I want to exploit it while I can.

Right now, I'm taking the chance on it and saving my tokens after getting a cut for each of the colors (2 for some colors) plus all the cuts I need for myself. If the patch notes state that tokens will be reset then I'll buy up all the blue patterns I can. Getting a jump on the epic gem market seems like the best option in my opinion. But to each their own.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooya View Post
    Personally I spend all of my tokens on Chimera Eyes to sell for 300g. It might not be very 'long term' but I want to exploit it while I can.
    Assuming 1 a day, i've made more than 900g from every pattern i've bought.

On topic, I'll probably finish up cuts that will sell, then start saving. I also don't think epic gems are going to be out anytime soon, so pointless to start saving right now.
    Last edited by Ieft; 2011-01-20 at 04:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you guys could do what I do, have three jc's. One buying current patterns, second saving tokens for epic, and third buying chimera's eyes and selling!