Deleted

Chimaeron 1 tank

So my guild had some tries on Chimaeron a few days ago. We did it with 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. Now I read some stuff that ppl did it with only 1 real tank (double attack soaker) and a plate melee dps acting as "main tank". I'm just wondering if it's possible this way. How about the break debuff?

I also read something about waiting for a feud at 22-23% and then pop BL and go all out DURING that feud, basicly buying some additional time before for the final phase.

Our guild just downed Cho'gall btw. I guess Chimaeron isn't supposed to be harder but I'm just trying to find ways to make the most of it at Chimaeron so we can kill him quickly and move on to Al'Akir.

Thanks.

Deleted
    It's simple, have the plate DPS tank Chimaeron, he takes the debuffs, but he still can't be one shotted so and keeping him above 10k HP between Chimaerons hits is just as easy as keeping a tank up.

When he's gonna doubleattack, the "real" tank taunts the boss and takes them, and the DPS then taunts back.

Deleted
    Certainly doable. You shouldn't have to complicate things that much, though. It's an easy encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mztq View Post
    I also read something about waiting for a feud at 22-23% and then pop BL and go all out DURING that feud, basicly buying some additional time before for the final phase.
    Doesn't he do a massacre after Feud regardless of wether he went <20% or not? He did for us at least, leaving everyone for 1 hp for the burn.

We did it with only one Tank, our Ret-Paladin was maintaking and our DK taunted for doublestrike - was no problem at all

Edit: The Break-Debuff is no problem at all, just ignore it... also, we did it with 4 Healers, 1 Tank and 5 DDs - 2 Healers on the Tanks and 1 Healer on each group

Deleted
    Thanks for your input, guys. I understand this encounter isn't that hard but I'm just trying to find the optimal way for us to do him.

Doesn't he do a massacre after Feud regardless of wether he went <20% or not? He did for us at least, leaving everyone for 1 hp for the burn.
    Yes. but I mean it in a way like burning him below 20% already during that feud. So you have him on like 15% when the feud ends and the enrage starts.

Yes. but I mean it in a way like burning him below 20% already during that feud. So you have him on like 15% when the feud ends and the enrage starts.
    you have him on 15% when feud ends, and if he casts massacre then you are done
    but if he casts mortality instead of massacre then you're good to go i think

but yeh, he is really easy boss, dare i say easiest? probably

How would you go about doing this fight with a fury warrior and prot paladin? would the fury warrior have to 'tank' in defensive stance still for threat gain? is that how you prevent a higher dps caste from overtaking your threat?

15+ Year Old Account
    If it means anything, our first kill we had a rogue tank it from 60% down.

They seem to have fixed this, or it doesn't work as well as people say, it happened to us inadvertently last week and it we had more deaths than we usually do before he died.

Honestly i wouldn't try to complicate it, if your healers can adapt to the fight it is literally just a tank and spank. If you can down good old cho'gall i can't see how you would be having problems.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    If it means anything, our first kill we had a rogue tank it from 60% down.
    That's nothing, i tanked it for about the last 5%.. as a moonkin! Got us the achievement and everything, and was pretty funny at the time.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2011-01-21 at 05:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason people wipe on Chimaeron is because the tanks dont know when to taunt, or the healers are overhealing or underhealing, otherwise its a tank and spank

Hm, why complicate it?

We have a tank that just eats the stack that we keep over 10k. And an offtank that taunts before double attackt to eat that.
    We got one holy pala on tanks and himself. And one healer per grp 1 and grp except tank and the tank healer then.

Quite easy, and even if one tank dies, even both dies at like 20% the boss is still kiteable, DPS can go defensive, shadow preists can do their -90% dmg. Mage can kite as far as possible to then iceblock. Rogues can evasion tank. etc etc. All while healers DPS as best they can.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

This post is actually a very good read, I never thought about actually just having a plate dps OT the boss with a threat modifier (Righteous Fury perhaps from a Ret Paladin) until a double attack occurs...at which the main tank would taunt of course. It sounds like a good theory to me at least. It doesn't really sound like it would be overcomplicating things either.

You can also use hunter pet to take double strike with intervene
    Last edited by omfgmurlock; 2011-01-21 at 02:07 PM.

I agree with that there's alot of overcomplicating here. Fight is really easy. We use 2 tanks, 3 healers, 5 dps. pala(myself) on tanks and talent to heal me, Two other healers split the rest. Hug up aoe heal on feud. And have someone call out 10 seconds before you push him into p2 so healers can burn cd's to top people off, buying you time in the last phase. Use hand of protecion if you have that on targets, have dps use their threat reduce abilites when at 1 hp etc and its a guaranteed kill. Just dont overheal or underheal