Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Sad Moonkin is Sad

Hey all, so Ive just started leveling myself a druid cuz I think they are awesome, I rolled balance, picked up all the boa gear including cape from guild rewards, thinking im all set to rock this shit at 30, I que for a bg and I get from then on, raped brutally by every class. SURE if they didnt target the fat ass chicken first I could destroy people with insane dmg but I didnt expect moonkin pvp in the 30-50 brackets to be so...bad. Does it get better? I want to roll balance and pvp but I just dont see it happening, are they any tricks or tips you can give me so I dont get rocked next time I try to take on a mage...

Thanks!

Deleted
    No, it is the same on 85 also.
    You get targeted, no chance to survive or deal damage.
    You dont get targeted, then you can do decent-ish dmg I guess, but still far from some other class' burst.

Balance is not really outstanding at 85 either. Feral on the other hand is quite nice in lower brackets.

Deleted
    Big Fat Ass Chicken tends to attract hate from opponents in BG like no one else, even hated Gnome Locks tend to attract less atention. I'm accustomed to seeing warriors charge me through 20 other peoples ignoring then all just to get to my tasty butt and do some KentuckyFriedMoonkin

If you can not stay away and nobody is protecting you just drop Moonkin form and do dps in caster form. And never ever wonder alone go where the biggest mayhem is and nuke from max range.

If you master the art of not drawing too much attention you can pull much better stats in BG as Feral if not you will visit GY very often.
    Last edited by mmoca5ceafb6eb; 2011-01-26 at 10:10 AM.

Deleted
    Moonkin is an easy, free hk for any class, even for most healers, and thats exactly what people see when they see you casting around in bgs, so you will always be the focus
    at 85, reroll other class/spec if you want to pvp.

Deleted
    don't think low lvl bgs are pvp - played yesterday with my rdruid - got oneshot from rogues (ambush-dead)

-.- makes me kinda sad panda.

but i think this will change mostly because of resilience and as op said "go where the biggest mayhem is and nuke from max range.
    "

Thats truly disheartening. I wish for a day when the chubby chicken is a strong contender.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tgtony View Post
    Thats truly disheartening. I wish for a day when the chubby chicken is a strong contender.
    Been waiting for quite a lot of time, seen other classes buffed and nerfed in pvp, but moonkin in cataclysm is what blizzard wants it to be, a pve spec. Only thing it got since cata was released is a nerf to instant roots, although it was alredy the weakest pvp spec. After the patch it will get much worse actually.

if you compare moonkin to other casters you will notice that they lack defensive abilities and also they are not very good at cc-ing people
    just look at what a mage or a spriest or even warlock can do
    the moonkin doesnt have enough tools to make their oponent sweat
    suure they can do nasty things if left alone , but when do u ever leave moonkin alone ?
    thats the 1st i death grip and nuke . noone likes to be damaged by a giant fat ass chicken ;[

this is one of the reasons why moonkin are very good in pve . they have great burst both single target and aoe damage ( imo best aoe casters atm) -> but noone is bothering u while ur dpsing the boss right
    but when it comes to pvp , not enough defensive cds or ability to control the oponent
    Last edited by mastertroll; 2011-01-26 at 10:44 AM.

Deleted
    Blizz is working on that. The next patch will remove teh bonus armor as boonkin and you will get fixed 15% dmg reduction like shadow priests. Also your shrooms will get better and some spells get cheaper. Boonkins are really good burster and DPS, but they dont have enough survivability right now. In PvE they are top while PvP they are nearl the bottom (beast master and marksman hunter are lower).

Heh, I tried to do moonkin pvp in wotlk on my druid. As many here said tho, its not exactly easy :x WG: 20+ people around me, who dies first?
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by KaziOfTheSkies View Post
    Heh, I tried to do moonkin pvp in wotlk on my druid. As many here said tho, its not exactly easy :x WG: 20+ people around me, who dies first?
    My experience in WoTLK in pvping as a moonkin is pretty good actually. Haven't tried it in cata, as i switchted to feral for pvp, and balance for pve dps.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtony View Post
    Well tgtony, I'd say stick in there. I pvp about 20% of my time and I enjoy it. Every kill I make on my moonkin just makes my impending doom more tolerable. Sure we lack some much needed tricks but as youre arsenal grows you'll learn to squeeze the most out of what you have. At lvl 30 theres really not much you can do besides entangling roots. Once you have hurricane (glyphed for slow), typhon, cyclone, and finally shrooms, along with lunar shower; you'll be able to stay mobile and alive much longer. I've yet to see really decent Moonkin PVP Strategy Guide and I dont think I have quite the epeen to actually make one myself.

tl;dr it gets better. you wont be able to completely melt face or survive most 2+ vs. you encounter but if you like balance now you'll like it more later. costumes like deviate fish may be helpful.
    Only death my pay for life

Deleted
    The strategy for Moonkin PvP is simple:

1. Look around very carefully!
    2. If there is nobody in 30y radius start casting
    3. If there is anybody in 30y radius start to run away
    4. If during casting anybody breaks 30y barrier immediatly stop casting and look point 3.

Real CHICKEN strategy!

:P

They still hate the boomkins for the big imbalance MF 2 months before cata hit, i think i farmed there about 60k HKs.

If you cant starfire/starsurge/wrath them, you typhoon > starfall > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire > sunfire >

etc.

moonkin are doubly screwed in pvp. I see folks pointing out that the 100 foot tall chicken is like a flourescent billboard stating 'free lunch'. That is a big part of the equation. The other half, IMO, is how moonkin spells look. If the giant chicken weren't enough, the giant lights streaking down from 500 feet in the air is the nail in the coffin. Their spells are FAR too easily identified.

i really have no trouble being focused in tol barad

but i usually end up taking a few ppl out with me in the process.....

that and the fact most moonkin dont solar beam in pvp

its funny how often mages think they can walk out of the solarbeam when they are rooted inside it
    All of Time and Space, Everything that has happened or will happened, Where do you want to start?

"If you ever see a rogue, either rogue is overgear or the rogue has problems"

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feeling, when I was boomkin everyone wanted to kill me I wish I could give you a huggle =3 I love moonkins!
    /huggles
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu