Stop effects nerfs/make melee more flashy

Seriously stop it already, every time they come up with a cool effect it gets nerfed to the ground (think DnD, Howling Blast, Bloodboil, Earthquake, windfury....). i get it this is to keep the game frame stable but it the low grade/high quality effects should be optional. I mean if my pc can handle it let me see them dont take em away, put an extra slider or something for people who cant handle it, like they do for everything else.

Also melee clases need more bling. Lets take an orc/human arms warrior as example, all they do is the crital strike animation over and over again. The only difference you notice between abilities is the numbers and the fact you know what you are pushing. They look like freaking lumberjacks with their nonstop woodcutting prowess. Either give effects to the abilities or add 3-4 extra animation for melee combat for each race. Warriors and rogues are way to plain since all their attack are pretty much the same.

K. you think blizz reads these forums and your ideas? they dont even read they're own. its a good idea though.

While you are correct in that class to class spell effects are woefully uneven, raids already look like raves at fireworks factories, I could see redesigning melee strikes to be flashier as long as it isn't more random glowing nonsense. Blizzard art design is truly putrid, and I'll never understand how it gets any praise. What I wouldn't give for a little more earthy design and restraint in this games visuals. The environment team often gets it, but theyre the only ones.
    Last edited by Merin; 2011-01-19 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthar View Post
    K. you think blizz reads these forums and your ideas? they dont even read they're own. its a good idea though.
    i know they dont, was just trying to see if people agreed before going to qq on their forums... though i doubt they'll ever change anything.

No, this ain't gonna change anything, but...

I, for one, would love it if the Howling Blast actually howled or blasted, instead of being "tinkling splash". It's supposed to be a blast of frigid air, not a bucket of cold water...
    "The Patient? Well... maybe... the mental kind..."

Quote Originally Posted by LGalucard View Post
    i know they dont, was just trying to see if people agreed before going to qq on their forums... though i doubt they'll ever change anything.
    yeah man exactly, dont worry im not flaming you or anything, sorry i came off a bit harsh. but yeah i think like if there was more bloodsplatter maybe? or like more like flashes of metal hitting metal, like sparks, or something you know. your absolutley right.

Quote Originally Posted by LGalucard View Post
    Warriors and rogues are way to plain since all their attack are pretty much the same.
    Cats would like to have a word with you
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

at the very least dk has different color slashes for each kind of strike. Crusader strike , Mortal strike , slam , Backstab , Ambush , Revenge , Overpower, heroic strike ..... all are just plain critical move animations. Paladin has more or less the right idea (overall) Divinestorm , judgements ... and templar veredict are kind of a 3 part refreshing set up.

Envenom looks pretty cool, at least :P Mutilate animation can also look badass on some races.

Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Envenom looks pretty cool, at least :P Mutilate animation can also look badass on some races.
    Last time i checked evenom was a green eviscerate , which while it has some flash(better than most) is still quite lame. Mutilate has the right idea, custom animations that fit the description , but then again is the same as bloodthirst , stormstrike and all attacks that use both hands at the same time.

Aion, while an horrible game got it right in the flash department ... varied and specific to the class. each attack having a particular animation, a flashy one at that.

And yes kitties have it rough it but dont get me started on that line .... the fact that you gotta stare the same bear/ chicken / cat ass for all your class career is depressing . forms should be customizable or at least grow/mature with level. Think WAR(warhammer online) whitle lion pet for that melee hunter class(forgot name) but the pet evolves in size , shape and looks. It goes from a regular young lion to a badass tough armed muscled lion, they look pretty badass at the end.

My blood elf paladin animations are pretty sweet

Deleted
    I was a bit dissapointed with Blood Boil and back in time with windfury.

Quote Originally Posted by Alceus View Post
    I was a bit dissapointed with Blood Boil and back in time with windfury.
    The worst nerf so far has been DnD. Im surprised they havent killed divine storm yet.

nothing as boring as bear/cat animation. feels like a hunter pet :/

Combat Analysis Tools for World of Warcraft Raiding Guilds

In twlight highlands the dragonmaw orc raiders that attack you during the Wildhammer beer run daily have an awesome animation for their cleave. I'd love to see warriors get that.