10+ Year Old Account

archeology and the "new interest"

This is a new item, that could make us a little more productive, with archeology.

how many times have you wanted that troll, night elf (ext.) digsite to pop up? And all you get is that fossile (ext.) digsite on your map. Well this new item will peek your interests at a race. What you do is, you carrie this item in your invintory, and it will increese the chances of you seeing that dwarf site you always wanted. Of corse youll still get that ocational fossile digsite, but you wont see them as often.

description of the item:
    1) It is a blue quality item, made in archeology, it has the same drop rate as a non combat pet. (not too commen but youll see it!)
    2) normal rare item 1 and done you'll never see it again. (not to say you cant make a troll AND a dwarf one)
    3) you can only hold one in your invintory at a time, others will go to the bank ( cant be intrested in night elfs and orcs at the same time)
    4) it will be bop or boa.

what do you guys think? love it, hate it? any other sugestions for the item?
    (sorry for any typos, on a net book so spell checks not poping up, correct my mistakes politlie, and ill fix them.)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Sounds like a simple solution via a possible Alchemy potion.

Sounds like a good idea. I never really followed why I would be interested in finding stuff from every race. I should be able to have a focus or desired type of artifact. A specialization in the field, if you will.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

In stead of making it an actual item why not just make it like a "stance" in archeology. So you just kinda click though them or even make something in arch where it allows you to refresh 1 dig site every 2 hours or something like that. This way your not forced to go to the digsite but it doesn't make it so that you are just totally ignoring sites either. The only problem with that is you may refresh to another digsite of the same kind in a different loc. But you can't always win, sometimes your going to lose.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if there was anything in the game that let you only get dig sites you need or at least increased your chance to get those dig sites. I fear though that we shall never see anything of that nature due to the RNG that Archy is based on. Personally I think they should leave the small percentage drop rate for getting a rare spawn but once you get all the commons and rares for a race, those dig sites should simply stop spawning. If they are going to cap our fragments so we can't store for the future, we are basically constrained to making 10s fossil artifact after 10s fossil artifact while trying to get Tol'Vir or Night Elf. Archaeology was so poorly designed and implemented though that I doubt we will see an update anytime soon. A blue post mentioned that they wanted to expand the items you get from Archy in the future in reference to tanking items. By the time they actually get around to implementing them, they more than likely will be horribly out of date since they will be 359 gear and we will probably be on T13...

I'd be happy with the opposite, an item that blacklists a race. I hate fossil digsites and they're everywhere. Tanaris fossil digsites are huge and it takes ages to dig 3 times; Un'Goro ones are so well hidden in the jungle that i have to move my mouse randomly in order to spot them.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shornaal View Post
    I'd be happy with the opposite, an item that blacklists a race. I hate fossil digsites and they're everywhere. Tanaris fossil digsites are huge and it takes ages to dig 3 times; Un'Goro ones are so well hidden in the jungle that i have to move my mouse randomly in order to spot them.
    well i was trying to come up with an item that bliz might atualy use, id love to get rid of all my fossil digsites to but i dont think bliz would let you cut them out completly from the rng. lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    archeology is blah imho all that flying around to dig for vendor trash not interesting enough to me to keep leveling it to try and get something good blizz really needs to revamp this.....