Thread: Item lvl!

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Item lvl!

i just lvled one of my alts to 85 and my guild were about to do a HC but i cant join with them because my item lvl is too low this is just so stupid as i could pull my own weight. why dont blizzard make it so if your in a guild group it doesnt matter about your item lvl.

329 is easy to reach, and if you are doing it with guildies, then they probably wouldn't care if you cheesed it by buying PVP and other gear from the AH to meet the requirements.

If its a guild group just fly to the instance entrance and you won't be subject to any ilvl requirements of a queue.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am pretty sure the 329 requirement is just to use the LFG finder. If you go to the actual instance you should be able to enter. Correct me if I am wrong though. =)

i did i spent like 800g on pvp and crap its on 328 and just doesnt go up

One thing i havent tried.. as i am too lazy to actualy GO (and get all my teammates) to go TO the instance entrance...

Now the ilvl of 329 i know locks you out of the LFD tool (which you would want to use at least for your FIRST of the day for the extra valor pts).. but can you WALK into a heroic with a lower ilvl?

Think you can walk to the instance even if your group use the LFG?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure. Wouldn't hurt to try!

Quote Originally Posted by gozzerz View Post
    Think you can walk to the instance even if your group use the LFG?
    If someone in the group is below 329 and you try to queue for LFD, it will give you a system message saying that 'so-and-so' doesn't meet the requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can enter the instance with a full guild group.

It's only because you are trying to use the LFD

i just lvled one of my alts to 85 and my guild were about to do a HC but i cant join with them because my item lvl is too low this is just so stupid as i could pull my own weight. why dont blizzard make it so if your in a guild group it doesnt matter about your item lvl.
    No, you can't. You're not geared for it. Stop trying to make excuses like it doesn't matter, because it does. I know "OMG ITS JUST ONE POINT." Well yeah, the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Ye ofc it does but why should you have to have item lvl for a guild run?

You don't, which has been said before. Your guild group can fly to whatever instance you want to go into, set it to heroic (if not already), and walk in. The requirement is only for using the LFD tool itself.

You don't have to for a guild run. You have to, to use the LFD tool.

Walk into the instance as a group, don't use the Dungeon Finder.

Quote Originally Posted by njd.aitken View Post
    If its a guild group just fly to the instance entrance and you won't be subject to any ilvl requirements of a queue.
    ^ this this this

You're totally right, they should change it such that if you have a complete premade, there are no ilvl requirements.

On the other hand, be careful what you wish for. If they were to actually do that, you might see a rash of guildies insisting that you run their undergeared fresh 85's on your main toon, which could create a socially awkward situation where it's hard to say no. At least the current system of requiring 329 prevents that. Even in a good, functional guild there are always going to be leeches who make it hard to turn them down, and who are out to use people.

You should just be able to replace your lowest iLevel item to make it go up.
    That should do the trick for you.

It's easier to fly there than whine here.

The item level has to be higher than that of the item you are replacing. Or you can just fly there.

Go get some revered rares and buy some 225+ greens off the AH. I had problems with getting to 329 as well, currently item level 330 and thoroughly enjoying Hcs.

and btw, 249 ilevel isn't enough for any heroic if the player don't have fingers