WTB Final Fantasy 7 on Xbox live and PSN

After coming in to work today listening to the FF7 OST, I got a severe hankering for playing my all time favourite game ever. But then, I realised I either had to go and find a PS1 and memory card (I already own the PS1 game somewhere...) or play it on my PC, which I would rather not do as the music sounds different, as it uses instrument sounds loaded onto your gfx card.

Anyway, there are some perfect platforms for re-releasing this game into the community again, via Xbox live and PSN. Now I am not familiar with PSN but I expect it works similar to Xbox live in some fashion. Anyway, I've read aropund and apparently XBL allows the download of games up to 2 gigs in size. I think FF7 weighed in at around 1.3 gigs (3 CD's worth, the maximum it could ever be is 2.1 gigs). Also on my reading around i saw people shouting out that 'But it would be impossible to port onto the Xbox without lots of work!' Well, there is a PC version, and iirc the Xbox 360 and PC are pretty similar code wise (what with one being microsofts brain child and the other being slaved to microsofts OS) so would a port really be that hard? I wouldn't be surprised if a PC emulator already existed in some form for the Xbox 360. I also remember reading something that the PS3 has a PS1 emulator, so porting for PSN would be ven easier.

Oooh I really wish this would happen! Spose I'd best go to the game exchange shops and see what cheap PS1 stuff they have D:

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you on a broader scale.

Square-Enix have always been semi-sony exclusive, I was told previously it was because of contract issues but that was resolved. FFVII was a huge commercial success in America where the majority of gamers own a 360.

I know you can buy FF8 on a PS3 as my mate did, not sure about the other 2. But a company as well known as Square-Enix shouldn't limit themselves to one console

Even though they released 13 on xbox I still feel they give Sony preferential treatment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If they ever remade them for PS3 i'd be annoyed. Cause then i'd have to buy a PS3 and I don't really want to

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX from PSN. VII has been there for quite some time now.

wikipedia .org /wiki/ List_of_PSOne_Classics : (can't post links)
    Final Fantasy VII June 2. 2009.

Also you can play PS1 games on any PS3, it's just the PS2 games that requires the first model since of that chip or whatever they removed to make it cheaper.

Man I wish they would put it on Wii or Xbox360 so I could play it. FFVII is so good.